Emo Community Scene Emo Guys and Girls

Email:

Password:

Forgot Password?

Emo Lyrics:

Emo lyricsI will not bow I will not break I will shut the world away I will not fall I will not fade I will take your breath awayEmo song lyrics
(Breaking Benjamin - I Will Not Bow)

[Submit Lyrics]

Alternative clothing from Sohos

Emo Meet - London UK - August 2011

Forums » Help And Advice [NEW POST]

The Only one at School? - Sep 09 2018, 05:57 AM

Anonymous_Editor - soEmo.co.uk
Anonymous_Editor

The title speaks for itself, is there anyone on this website who goes to school and is the only one, that would classify themselves as Emo. Seriously, it sucks not to meet people who you can call best friend or be able to talk about what you like, without being judged. Anyone with similar experiences?
  Reply | Subscribe to Updates

Total Forum Posts: 8

xXhawthorneheightsXx - soEmo.co.uk
xXhawthorneheightsXx

Sep 10 2018, 03:34 PM

I’m the only emo at my school. I have a few guy friends that aren’t in my grade but other than that I feel judged by the other girls at school.
EmoKing96 - soEmo.co.uk
EmoKing96

Sep 13 2018, 05:18 AM

I'm so sorry you guys weren't born 10+ years earlier so you could experience the emo fad in its prime... (AND goth, which is way older...) When I was 16 (in 2012), the emo look was already on its way out, and they all eventually transitioned into hipsters by 2013... I actually used to hate emo teens and emo music when the emo fad was new. I didn't get it. I thought they were weird, creepy and depressing. The only thing I liked about them was their hair.

Long story short, I didn't jump on the emo bandwagon until late 2011, at the very tail-end of the fad... 2012 came and 2010's culture finally kicked in. It was like a time warp... The fashion today is so different, and lame... Hot Topic isn't even emo anymore... I remember emo clothes used to be everywhere prior to 2012. You couldn't escape from the emo look back then. Even most of the cars were black.

Only in retrospect do I realize how cool 00's fashion was, and all the different ways to look emo... In order for Rock fashion to make a comeback, Rock MUSIC has to be cool again. And by that, I mean mainstream. The whiney/emo Garage Rock sound hasn't been mainstream on Pop stations since '07... There needs to be a new, controversial Rock musician like Kurt Cobain and Marilyn Manson in order to start a new Rock movement fad...
Jade_21 - soEmo.co.uk
Jade_21

Sep 13 2018, 10:29 PM

nobody is emo anymore. theyre all wanna be gheto type of people.
EmoKing96 - soEmo.co.uk
EmoKing96

Sep 14 2018, 01:08 AM

Jade_21: Pfft... Nah, 'wannabe-ghetto' went out of style too. You were about 8 years old when that fashion trend faded out in 2012. Wannabe-ghetto means fitted caps tilted or turned sideways with a gang affiliated team, du-rags, bandanas, thin glasses/sunglasses like E40 and early Eminem, blank apparel, oversized clothes, matching colors, velour, embroidery, sagging pants/low-rise flares, clunky hi-tops, etc...

People still sag, and the Chief Keef look counts as 'ghetto' I suppose, but fashion overall is far from ghetto in this lame decade... Nearly everyone on the planet is a hipster nerd these days and I hate it, considering I used to be one until the normies ruined it... Some might disagree, but people had good taste during the Late 90's & 00's in retrospect...
xxjanidkxx - soEmo.co.uk
xxjanidkxx

Sep 15 2018, 02:23 PM

Yeah, I'm probably the only Emo in my school, sigh...
EmoKing96 - soEmo.co.uk
EmoKing96

Sep 16 2018, 02:52 AM

Look on the bright side, you all are the flyest kids in school, or your entire city even. Most people have sh t taste these days anyway...
Mish - soEmo.co.uk
Mish

Sep 16 2018, 03:06 PM

There are actually a lot at my school, but now that I’m a senior, there are very few who still show it by dying their hair. I do, but as long as it looks cool, people give me compliments. That was a completely different story in middle school, where I was bullied by people, one of them being a girl that’s currently on the ballot for homecoming queen. That’s my life in a nutshell 👍🏻
oNEETo - soEmo.co.uk
oNEETo

Sep 20 2018, 05:51 PM

Being emo now is a lot better than what it used to be to be honest... there is a lot of things to enjoy that have been introduced. Like other open communities online and the fashion now has improved by a lot, nobody will judge online anymore since scene gals on insta look gorgeous and you can express yourself more easily online on scene and emo fashion, its much easy to become an artist through online. I might of went off topic sorry just trying to make you feel better, it did used to be a lot worse back then. I hope you do meet some that you can relate too.

Total Forum Posts: 8

Please enter your reply below: