Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

You are my everything, You taught me how to sing You took a chance on me Opened my heart to see You have the golden key Lovestruck, by Blood On The Dance Floor

Emo Forums » Emo Music (Reply)

Emo Pictures - CHEMI-CAL
CHEMI-CAL
sellouts! at the disco Aug 20 2019, 11:39 PM
figured this would be an eye catching name B-) but anyway, what’s everybody’s opinion on the newer panic? i personally feel like they had their peak when ryan ross was still in the band, at least in terms of lyrical content and musical dexterity. it just seemed.. a lot more authentic, out there and non-apologetic. ryan wasn’t afraid to write about obscure topics, and bring new elements and sounds to the emo/pop punk scene. i might just be biased because of how emotionally attached i am to their pre-split albums but new panic just seems...honestly awful. the sincerity isn’t there anymore, it just feels like washed out generic bullshit. i’m not saying that brendon shouldn’t be allowed to move with the types and change up their musical style, but idk, i might just be a little mad that people see panic! as the band who wrote high hopes, and not the intense, theatrical and beautiful creation that ryan ross tried so hard to make it.idk, i’ve rambled for way too long, what’s everybody else’s opinion?? ps: i know whether old panic! would be considered emo or not is still up for debate, but regardless if you haven’t already i’d highly recommend listening to a fever you can’t sweat out. great album :s

Replies

Emo Pictures - blue
blue
Oct 10 2019, 10:44 AM
the first album? its great. second album is, good, third is decent. It declined after Vices & Virtues. that album was already pushing the "listenable" limits. real shit. A Fever You Can't Sweat Out liberated millions. It was such a fantastic album. Ryan Ross, is a pioneer, Brendon Urie, was on my middle school locker door (on the inside) so that I could kiss him on the lips and cheeks when I was at my locker, when I wanted to. I don't even have loyalty to PANIC (NO EXCLAMATION POINT) AT THE DISCO. Brendon Urie stuck his cock in Taylor Swift and I love that white woman but god damn she needs to stay in her lane and stop appropriating emo culture. That's just my opinio. But a lot of people think it. PANIC AT THE DISCO WAS GOOD UNTIL LIKE THE 2013. I agree with you is what I think.
Emo Pictures - blue
blue
Oct 10 2019, 10:48 AM
You will catch me listening to: - I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off - Camisado - But It's Better If You Do - The Ballad of Mona Lisa - Build God, Then We'll Talk - London Beckoned Songs About Money Written by Machines - There's a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet You WON't see me listening to because I DONT listen to: - EVERY FUCKING OTHER THING.
KilljoyNik
Dec 26 2019, 08:06 PM
My favorite album by them is A Fever You Can't Sweat Out. Everything after that gradually got worse and worse, but at this point it's unrecognizable from any other generic industrialized ghostwritten song.
Emo Pictures - miseryisland
miseryisland
Jan 07 2020, 06:28 AM
It's good if you like synthpop. I love Brendon Urie's voice so much, you can catch me listening to almost anything he's in (except that one song he has with Taylor Swift because I don't really like her music). SOrry taylor :(
Emo Pictures - xX_so_sad_Xx
xX_so_sad_Xx
Jan 10 2020, 04:27 AM
the new panic definitely in my opinion is not as good as it used to be, especially as it used to be when ryan was in the band. fever will always be a staple album and #1 in my heart. the new panic music is for the most part bareable to listen to i guess. not as bad as new fall out boy stuff *cough cough*. the new song with taylor swift is a flop. i don't even hate taylor it's just not a good song lmao. i think my biggest problem overall is that brendon's lyrical choices are very questionable to me regarding lgbtq+ stuff (trying to mask girls/girls/boys as a bisexual or lesbian power song is laughable) and i feel like he romanticizes having affairs??? it just feels so immature. ryan felt so much more sensitive and creative. not to mention how many members have joined and left... dallon has said stuff about brendon being too controlling and harassing... just very sketch.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More