Emo Community Scene Emo Guys and Girls

Email:

Password:

Forgot Password?

Emo Lyrics:

Emo lyricsBut every time you scream & shout I can feel the pain that your heart pours out && I love it so dearly The adrenaline rush drowns out my headache && the hatred surpasses all the heartbreak && Oh, I adore it, Baby Emo song lyrics
(Liars Hands - Sweet Agony)

[Submit Lyrics]

Alternative clothing from Sohos

Blue Banana

Emo Meet - London UK - August 2011

Forums » General Emo Discussion [NEW POST]

a question for people who were around in the 2000s and got to experience emo culture then - Mar 10 2020, 08:38 PM

tracy - soEmo.co.uk
tracy

hi! my name is tracy and im currently in the process of writing a story that takes place in the early 2000s and features emo characters navigating their lives post-highschool and dealing with their problems together.

now, as someone who's fairly young i didnt get to experience emo culture back then in the way i wouldve wanted to. ive been doing a lot of research and thats how i stumbled onto this forum in the first place. sadly a lot of websites containing valuable information for me and my research just dont exist anymore.

here's where this becomes problematic. i feel like i know how to write these characters, i know what their attitudes are, i know how they dress, but whats missing is their deeper connection to emo culture. i feel like im missing nuance and those teeny tiny little tidbits that make the characters authentic.

if anyone has some info or their story to share about emo culture back then, especially emo culture online, with me: please do! if you have any articles or books i can read or documentaries i can watch, please post them here! im looking for specifics, not for general statements. im searching for things that were popular among emos (aside from the obvious like mcr, etc etc), things emos hated, subgroups, basically anything interesting and relating to emo culture.

thank for reading and thank you for the help!
  Reply | Subscribe to Updates

Total Forum Posts: 1

xXeMoRaCeRXx - soEmo.co.uk
xXeMoRaCeRXx

Mar 11 2020, 09:25 AM

I do as I made this website and still am into the emo culture now!

Please enter your reply below: