Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Teach me how to steal, Steal a heart. Just like you stole mine, like you stole mine. 6 Months, by Hey Monday

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - Ghost_of_Silence
Ghost_of_Silence
Fake it til you make it... Or not? Mar 11 2020, 08:09 AM
Ive had this advice thrown at me more times than I can count. So what do you think of the "fake it til you make it" philosophy? Is there something to it or is it all bullshit? personally i cant stand this advice. mainly because in order for it to work you have to pretty much weld your mask to your face. take it a step beyond hiding your emotions into delusional territory; happy even if you are miserable and actually believe you are truly happy just to keep others in a good enough mood to like you. then when you finally do make it (which may or may not happen) you will quickly realize that you cant take off your mask and keep the friends you made. once you start to let your true self out, the people who's respect you've worked so hard to earn goes down the drain in seconds. at that point I decided it wasn't worth it and that I'd rather be true to myself even if I end up all alone. but that's just me. what's your story?

Replies

Emo Pictures - xX_so_sad_Xx
xX_so_sad_Xx
Mar 15 2020, 11:15 AM
The problem i've had with faking it til i make it is that people now see me as much stronger and together than I really am. people now put all of the responsibility on me, not taking into consideration that I am a human being with feelings who needs a break... I fake confidence and fake knowing what i'm doing to get by and stay afloat which i think has been so helpful throughout life but it is very draining, and people start depending on you and don't really want to hear your sob stories anymore lol. i think that's probably why i got into emo, so i can finally have an outlet to let my feelings out/feel heard. i definitely feel you about the rather being alone and true to myself though...
Emo Pictures - xXghost07Xx
xXghost07Xx
Mar 17 2020, 05:06 AM
"Fake it 'til you make it"... ... I don't buy it.
SuzannePartridge
May 26 2020, 08:10 AM
“Fake it till you make it or not” is an article which is almost imaginary. Things can be more crucial in real life. Positive acts and gestures can be appreciated in this regard. Thanks for sharing this post on the page and now it's easier to get my assignment help au to hire a legit services. Keep sharing more and more with us.
Emo Pictures - Blueyedice
Blueyedice
Jul 01 2020, 09:44 PM
fake it till you make it works well with dreams, but in personal situations like ima use a biking situation again, those that try to be something they are not will eventually fail and the true bikers will see thru the act until you actually are what you pretend do be. . . dont fake something to be accepted, be what you are weather others see the truth or not. . . . be remembered as superman not a superman wannabe. . . ooohh that sounds so wrong haha i love it

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More