Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I stumbled when I saw your intention, I screamed from my eyes flow compassion for you. Hoping words could, hoping words could move you. We're Gonna Have Us a Champagne Jam, by Chiodos

Emo Forums » Emo Music (Reply)

AndyOlsizzy
Some different stuff Jul 21 2020, 03:37 AM
So, I've seen a lot of people on this site are still deeply into the mid 2000s emo-core stuff, and nothing wrong with that but if you're looking for something new, I've got a great taste in both melodic hardcore and pop-punk. Here's some that are extremely hard not to like: Counterparts - A Memory Misread Counterparts - Fragile Limbs Counterparts - Separate Wounds Counterparts - Cherished Like Pacific - Distant Like Pacific - Self-Defeated Wilmette - Anxious Body Chief State - Spine Chief State - Broken Eyes Seaway - If I Came Back For You Belmont - 731 Belmont - Recluse Belmont - By My Side ROAM - Playing Fiction Calling All Captains - Chasing Ghosts And I'll throw in a great acoustic one as well. Chief State - I'll Be A Mess Without You. Anything I listed past the Counterparts songs could be confused as being emo, but they're actually pop-punk. The lead vocalist of Chief State is a friend of mine so I always try to show their amazing work around. I'm surprised Counterparts isn't talked about by anyone on here from what I see. They're soooo amazing. 🖤 Anyone can shoot me a message and talk music or if you want more suggestions, I don't really listen to bad music. 😊 Just didn't want to make a list TOO long.

Replies

Emo Pictures - Avalanche
Avalanche
Jul 21 2020, 02:57 PM
Fuck yeah Bro! So glad to see a fellow Counterparts fan on this forum! I actually have a tattoo that says The Difference Between Hell And Home because its one of my favorite albums and Compass is one of my favorite songs, but I digress. Honestly the 2010s melodic hardcore/pop punk scene Slapped and that's really all there is to say on the matter, lol. HOWEVER for the rare chance someone else reads this thread I also reccomend checking out the band Casey if you haven't already, you've probably already heard of them if you know about the other bands listed but it's whatever, lol. Unfortunately the band isn't together anymore but they definitely had a similar melodic sound accompanied by raw emotional lyrics and vocals. Some songs by them I reccomend are "little bird" and "wavering" (like seriously Wavering is so fucking good holy shit it's a BANGER) I also reccomend the band END if you seek raw lyrics but a MUCH heavier sound. The song "Love me let me die" definitely comes to mind.
AndyOlsizzy
Jul 21 2020, 06:06 PM
Man, that is so cool! TDBHAH is an amazing album, but did you hear the 2 new songs by Counterparts from a couple weeks back? There's Strings Of Separation and A Purer Form Of Peace. For some reason, Brendan is just incapable of writing bad music, because these two songs are actually the B-sides from the main album that dropped last November. Ah, I've heard quite a bit from Casey but I think Hundredth sounds more like Counterparts. Not modern Hundredth, they sold out and started trying to make pop music. Almost made me tear up when it happened. Haha but no joke, Chief State is like the pop-punk version of Counterparts with the riffs and great fast paced instrumentals. Oh, and I know Brendan's side project END, but man does he sound different in it. Goes to show how amazing he is.
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 22 2020, 03:35 PM
Thanks for sharing those. Just been listening :)
AndyOlsizzy
Jul 22 2020, 06:37 PM
Awesome, let me know what song(s) you like best from it. 😁

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More