Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I long for that feeling to not feel at all, the higher I get, the lower I'll sink, I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim. Can You Feel My Heart, by Bring Me The Horizon

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - Alexx_boyish
Alexx_boyish
How you deal with what others think of you? Nov 28 2020, 12:12 AM
I admire those epeople that dong t give a shit and go all for it with what they have and what they are. How you personally deal with weird looks at you ? Lastly , I have been painting my nails black and I come across with suspicious looks, discussions with other people for the reason I am doing this etc,,also Sometimes I feel anxious when I walk the street ,, Have you ever felt anxiety for your look?

Replies

Emo Pictures - Mossy_Brick-Fence
Mossy_Brick-Fence
Nov 29 2020, 04:01 PM
It kinda surprises me that people would look at you odd because you paint your nails black, I thought that was a common thing with guys who obviously listen to metal or have an emoish look..? Just relish in the fact that you CAN paint your nails and that your nails ARE painted in the color that you want, think positive. I am anxious about my looks sometimes, but if you dont think about it too hard it should be okay. People will always give you odd looks if you dress in a way that is not common or not expected.
Emo Pictures - XxHispanicEmoxX
XxHispanicEmoxX
Nov 30 2020, 02:07 AM
Embrace it! I enjoy the feeling that I'm pissing people off because I don't follow those norms. Only God can judge me, so try not to think those looks as something fun. Enjoy the attention!
Emo Pictures - wurdalak
wurdalak
Nov 30 2020, 04:55 AM
People are gonna look at you weird no matter what you do, how you dress, or what you do to your body. What's normal to one people or group will be looked down on by another. Its best just to do what makes you happy and don't feel bad about it. If people look at you weird then so be it. As long as your comfortable in your own skin that's all that matters bro.
Emo Pictures - Ghost_of_Silence
Ghost_of_Silence
Dec 31 2020, 01:19 PM
yes I feel the same way, recently though I have been pushing myself to break my insecurities and try it anyways. so far what I have noticed is that aside from the occasional odd looks, no one is going to go out of their way to fight you, crack jokes, or otherwise just question you about it. it does get at least a bit easier the more you do it though. everyone has to start somewhere, right?
Bones
Jan 06 2021, 11:06 PM
As you get older that feeling tends to dissipate. PEOple never stop looking your the most exciting thing they have seen all day lap it up
Emo Pictures - x-IAmMatt-x
x-IAmMatt-x
Jul 07 2021, 03:25 PM

I think with me it was just breaking away from my childhood and loving who I am that made me not care what people think. Now my mentality is "any reaction is good", because at least if people wanna be immature, I get humor from it lol.

Really though, I think it boils down to the fact that I grew more confident in myself, and therefore others can't really put me down. :-)

Emo Pictures - Emimusicforlife
Emimusicforlife
Jul 12 2021, 10:21 PM

just be care free 

Emo Pictures - XxM4K3SH1FTM0RGU3xX
XxM4K3SH1FTM0RGU3xX
Jul 15 2021, 04:14 AM

Most of the ppl who might react rudely are just misinformed, I live in a rural town so I tend to get strange looks too but over time you stop caring about those weird glances.

Also what Ghost_of_Silence said, If someone reacts negatively it's not like said person is going to break your femur bones or anything like that. (Hopefully)

Emo Pictures - DavidMichael
DavidMichael
Sep 02 2021, 11:55 AM

I don,t care that what peoples will think about me because those peoples will never enjoy their life and can not do that which they want so be relax and read the book bay of drowned wishes corsair and enjoy the life.

Emo Pictures - f4ll3n
f4ll3n
Sep 02 2021, 03:58 PM

honestly i've kinda just accepted the fact that no matter how you look/act people will always look at you weirdly if you don't fit into their ideal image. so just don't mind how others think of you and stay weird :D

Emo Pictures - rabbitxhearted
rabbitxhearted
Nov 04 2021, 08:41 AM

most days i really don't care. i like the way i dress, i enjoy it. i wear a bunch of different styles and they are all Loud and kind of Obnoxious. so i kind of take it as the price i pay. i try to think of it as i'm a fricken poison dart frog. you Know i'm here and you're goin with me if you poke me.

in general people are pretty chill with how i look now a days. i've even had some older "retired" punks (and hippies) smile. i will get the occasional old person that will sarcastically tell me "nice hair" or "i didn't know it was halloween" but i've heard it so many time i have about 20 retorts to that dumb shit.

i have been in a handful of truly uncomfortable/unsafe situations because of how i look where people thought i was a sex worker and got very aggressive with me. which, even if i was, no way to treat a human being! luckily it always happened in very public spaces so i'd try my best to just flip them off and walk away as fast and calmly as possible.

Emo Pictures - X_LoserKidd_X
X_LoserKidd_X
Nov 23 2021, 09:30 PM

I'm 30 now and most people tend to think I should have 'grown up' by now. My look has toned down since my teens, but I am who I am and that's emo. 

Emo Pictures - ashybear
ashybear
Dec 09 2021, 04:32 PM

tbh i think i got made fun of the most when i didn't even look this way, like i got bullied just for having a dead mom n stuff. i feel a lot better being dressed this way bc id rather at least get made fun of 4 something i choose. if u let ppl decide the way u present urself u give them too much control it sux

Emo Pictures - xXjuli666cupidXx
xXjuli666cupidXx
Dec 10 2021, 04:17 PM

it took a long time before i felt comfortable wearing whatever tf i wanted bc of how toxic the environment was at my school, but eventually i got to the point where i didnt give a shit and i wanted to wear what made me happy. once u realize that everybody's gonna have their opinion but it doesn't effect u at all, it can be very liberating

Emo Pictures - bulletproofheart
bulletproofheart
Dec 15 2021, 10:59 AM

They can stare, they can think, they can whisper. Deep down they wish they could express themselves without a care, like you and i and everyone else here. 

Emo Pictures - XxD4ddy_ph4nt0mxX
XxD4ddy_ph4nt0mxX
Jan 02 2022, 06:36 PM

just remember... F*ck the preps!!! lolz XD

Emo Pictures - X_fragile__soul_X
X_fragile__soul_X
Jan 03 2022, 10:31 PM

I'm working on my confidence in wearing what I want and not caring too so I understand where you're coming from man :) Its definitely tough when you feel like people are staring but I just keep reminding myself that I'm not living to conform to what everyone around me likes, I'm living to enjoy my life and im going to wear what I want because life is too short, if that makes sense:D . Good luck! you should definitely continue wearing that nail polish if it makes you feel good, thats all that matters!:)

Emo Pictures - Undead_Nightmare
Undead_Nightmare
Jan 08 2022, 09:57 PM

Have I ever felt anxious or unsafe for dressing “emo” or “goth”? No. But I have felt unsafe for the exact same reason you’ve felt anxious for painting your nails. My advice is to keep being you. Let the haters do their hating. I hate to be the type to say “they’re only jealous” but it’s true. We are taught to believe that one of the worst things we can do is cross the boundaries between what’s seen as “masculine” (muscles, short hair, deep voice, being assertive) and “feminine” (small body, long hair, makeup, nail polish, soft-spoken) so when they see someone do that, they respond with fear and hatred because they wish they were brave enough to do what you’re doing

Emo Pictures - HitmonSal
HitmonSal
Jan 16 2022, 04:39 AM

I’ve only just started to become who I am supposed to be at the age of 30. There’s a lot of contributing factors as to why I am a very late bloomer in the alt lifestyle but I’m not afraid what people think of it tbh, people just expect weird from me I guess 🤣 

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More