Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

From the movement paddles by the illegal by love you, talking to a girl like night... Talking to a Girl, by Fancy Bullets

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - x-IAmMatt-x
x-IAmMatt-x
How did you discover that you were into the subculture? Feb 24 2021, 12:45 AM
What drew you to the emo subculture, and what inspired you to identify with it yourself? Was it an album or a band? Did you relate to lyrics of the music? For me personally, I knew someone in high school that people joked was "emo" (she did sort of look it, but she was more into the vocaloid community), so those jokes admittedly led me to trying to figure out the subculture and what it was. I remember that Happy Tree Friends was popular on YouTube at the time (I feel ancient now lol), and I saw a Fall Out Boy music video ("The Carpal Tunnel of Love") and thought it was super cool. Plus, around the time, pro wrestling themes were very rock oriented, and as I got older, I just related more to the music and later the style. That is my story, what is yours :-) ?

Replies

Emo Pictures - Mossy_Brick-Fence
Mossy_Brick-Fence
Feb 25 2021, 08:08 AM
I dont remember but I know I started using the term emo to describe myself at primary school, the school system here is different to the usa school system, so this was around when I was 13 years old I think. I was starting to get into metal but I was more into the moody kind of metal where the songs also carry emotions, mostly in the melodies and vocals, but lyrics too. Bring Me The Horizon was one of the bands I liked. But to be honest, I called myself Emo because I thought it was more of a personality thing rather than being into a ''scene'' or music genre. Since even the description on this website says its more of a music term than personality, I dont even know if I can call myself an Emo. :D Haha, I even remember seeing a girl at school that dressed like an emo and I liked that a lot,. Emos are pretty rare in my country I think.
Emo Pictures - pqueen
pqueen
Feb 26 2021, 11:05 PM
I would like to tell an incident that I went through on this subject. My high school classmate named Sara was of African descent and was constantly warned about her hair style at the entrance of the school. This situation bothered me very much, and it was said to be an unprofessional hairstyle. I think this is racism, I wonder your thoughts.
Emo Pictures - Ghost_of_Silence
Ghost_of_Silence
Feb 28 2021, 10:42 PM
I'm pretty disconnected from the world by default so I didn't know what emo was for most of my life until someone kept calling me emo. I only found out years later what it was and I fit the description pretty well without really changing anything. so I guess you could call me an accidental emo?
Emo Pictures - pernico
pernico
Mar 09 2021, 11:53 PM
For me, I identify as half emo but I discovered this other half as I was reading Heroes of Olympus about Nico Di Angelo and it hit me how much emo I am. He's one of my fictional role models btw. I also experienced some sexuality stuff from him too. It was sort of a journey for both of us I guess
joeanderson
Mar 31 2021, 12:43 PM
This situation bothered me very much. so I guess you could call me accidental emo?
DarkDreamz
Apr 02 2021, 04:25 PM
I have always been over sensitive,awkward,very shy and loved having an alternative/edgy dress style since as far back as 2005. I'm more than just emo though, so prefer alternative. I'm not very stereotypical as in how I dress, and not keen on MCR, too generic sounding,soft and mainstream for my liking.
Emo Pictures - xX_Ashton_Havok_Xx
xX_Ashton_Havok_Xx
Apr 06 2021, 07:08 PM
I was staying over at my cousin's house in 2009, and she was showing me pictures of emo girl haircuts she wanted, and showed me cool music on MySpace. I really liked the band Alesana, and thought the fashion was really cool. I started listening to more emo and rock bands in general and got super into the scene. I kinda started off more as a scene kid listening to metalcore and got more into post-hardcore and punk as the years went on. Today's crowd got way too minimalistic for my personal tastes, hence why I am so nostalgic for the 2000s and early 2010s.
Emo Pictures - webkinz
webkinz
May 08 2021, 08:21 PM
I used to be a hater but then I watched some video about cybergoths that completely changed my perspective on alternative subcultures. I really liked the cybergoth aesthetic and from there I got into emo and scene culture.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More