Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

If we not in love can we just pretend? I don’t wanna cut so I tatt my skin. Feel too much and I want it to end Ink Therapy, by Damien Styles

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
bullied to death at 13 for loving emo music Jun 12 2008, 09:34 AM
read the headline on todays Daily Mirror Sam lesson was described as 'a gifted teenager who was quiet and loving,yet was very poplular' R.I.P3 the part that made me post this on here though was the headline underneath 'parents call for web policing' basically the article is saying that the parents blame networking sites for this, is 'policing' a good thing if it stops another person from committing suicide. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1025654/Boy-13-hanged-bullied-Bebo-fan-Emo-music.html im also wondering if that was really the cause :\

Replies

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 12 2008, 12:41 PM
Sadly none of us will really know the cause but I'm sure it was down to many reasons. Loads of things influence/have an affect on people and you cannot reliably control their actions all the time...tv, the media, video games, the Web, other people... The sites will all be moderated to some extent including soEmo.co.uk, but with the enormous communities only so much can be done. We all sadly know how cruel society can be from the shocking news everyday. Finally The Daily Mail never fail to shock me at how badly researched and ignorant their articles on certain subjects can be. For a start, "as well as so-called Emo music, championed by bands such as blink-182 and Good Charlotte." Blink182 are not emo and this is obvious even though the emo genre is so confusing. I won't go on analysing this article because it's a waste of time and sad that this young lad has ended his life. -Read the story here: Boy, 13, 'hanged himself after he was bullied on Bebo for being a fan of Emo music' Note they have disabled comments and this isn't to have some respect either I doubt.
Emo Pictures - poetryxisxmyxsheild
poetryxisxmyxsheild
Jun 30 2008, 11:15 AM
bulling has alot to do with it but just because your emo and like the music doesnt make you a suicidal freak... im not really one to talk as sadly yes i have tried suicide but for many reasons... some that i cant evan explain myself... people just need to understand that the music and the culture is not a death wish but sometimes a cry for help... as it describes the deep feelings we cant discribe like cutting... evan though none of it really helps...we think it does...and thats all that matters...
Emo Pictures - secretemo
secretemo
Aug 01 2008, 03:50 AM
I know this might sound Really horrible but I have no respect for people who do suicide They are just giving up. I'am sorry if i have offended you by saying this but i dont like to hide my opinions
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Aug 02 2008, 08:31 AM
That's fair enough, but a few people might be so messed up they don't really know what they are doing. They need people around them to help asap.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Aug 15 2008, 03:29 AM
It depends on the person really doesn't it? Someone might get more shit than someone who commits suicide, but they can cope with it better. It's just a shame to hear that so many commmit suicide, life shouldn't be like that :/ Oooh, 2000th post :D

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More