Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Take all you need, Hope you enjoy it 'cos The hang man you see He dealt the cards I play Ignore what you read And I'm sure we'll get on swell The life of the party as we burn in Hell Necromania, by Fearless Vampire Killlers

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - just_another_emo_kid
just_another_emo_kid
Screamo becoming the NEW emo? Nov 06 2008, 07:32 AM
Is it possible? most likely. many of my emo friends have succumbed to screamo. is it a bad thing? i honestly dont think so. i still hang with them. ive even been introduced to some pretty kick arse screamo bands. Devil Wears Prada is one of the best. good voice for scream, beautiful voice for regular. another band is Bring Me the Horizon. but more to the point... is emo transforming?

Replies

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Nov 06 2008, 10:46 AM
Very good question and I think it is in a way. Emo will still exist as it was, but screamo is getting bigger and more talked about. All very confusing really.. Just to add I love a lot of the 'screamo' bands.
Emo Pictures - Distance
Distance
Nov 06 2008, 01:03 PM
Emo could very well be transforming. It already kinda did if you look back at like the original emo bands like Rites of Spring Embrace etc there is a big difference. So It could be changing it has done so in the past and it could very well do so again.
just_another_emo_kid
Nov 07 2008, 07:13 AM
yup yup... it's true though, it has changed over the years. i do think how its cool though how screamo bands take emo lyrics and change it around a bit. not all do that though. i know that DWP (Devil Wears Prada) use a more christian aproach like most screamo bands do.
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Nov 07 2008, 01:40 PM
Emo in general not just the music is certainly less "geeky" nowadays. However, many of those into 'scene' music are still very self conscious even though they listen to such dramatic music.
Emo Pictures - lil_miss_Vampy
lil_miss_Vampy
Nov 09 2008, 10:57 AM
I honestly believe that it is transforming and its not really a bad thing either...but I know that I listen to a lot of screamo bands
victhevamp
Nov 10 2008, 04:18 PM
yeh it seems to be going the screamo route or the electronic/dance/techno route nno douwt there will be new trend in the near future :S
just_another_emo_kid
Nov 11 2008, 07:16 AM
what ever happens, lets hope its for the best. some of that techno emo stuff (i.e. The Medical Droid) isnt all that bad. if i had a choice between that or screamo i have to say screamo wins hands down.
victhevamp
Nov 18 2008, 11:30 AM
hmmmm how about a mixture of screamo and techno together? i guess bands like enter shikari and HORSE the band could maybe be counted as that
just_another_emo_kid
Nov 19 2008, 07:58 AM
they are good too. i like the name the people for HORSE the Band came up with. nothing id ever think of until i die. lol
victhevamp
Nov 27 2008, 08:10 AM
lol i wonder if HORSE stands for anything or they just thought lets be called HORSE :D
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Nov 29 2008, 06:39 AM
I bet it stands for many crazy things to them but not one thing :D

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More