Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

You're worth more than words, so let your fire burn. Your flame will be lit again, when a candle's burned at both ends Hope, by We Came As Romans

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Emo Scene: Growing, Stable or Declining?! Feb 20 2009, 10:27 AM
The whole 'emo scene' has certainly grown in the last few years, but do you think it has reached it's peak yet? Is it even starting to decline?

Replies

Emo Pictures - LifeCore
LifeCore
Feb 20 2009, 02:41 PM
I think growing everyday i see more emos> here in Amsterdam, Holland last year iv seen some but now in general i can see them every were in the weekends :p

Emo Pictures - emo_to_the_end
emo_to_the_end
Feb 23 2009, 12:02 AM

no there not at their peak just yet few more months and there will be no more chavz yeahy

fallinkid
Feb 23 2009, 10:18 AM
dude. becouse people thinks is a fashion... now everybody is emo/scene. :))
Emo Pictures - LifeCore
LifeCore
Feb 23 2009, 11:53 AM
Very Right :P
xFly_On_Paper_Wingsx
Feb 24 2009, 05:10 AM
I would say it is pretty stable atm.. I really don't think it is declining.. If anything I would say it is evolving and changing in a way that proves it wasn't just some sort of fad. Fads rarely evolve and develop into something more than what they originally were..
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 26 2009, 04:28 PM
How influential do people think Myspace is/was on the emo scene?
xFly_On_Paper_Wingsx
Feb 26 2009, 06:01 PM
I think myspace pretty much underscores the whole emo scene and has really helped carve that sense of a community of individuals with common patterns of thought.. Let's be honest.. The emo scene and myspace go hand in hand.. I even rate any self took pic I get of myself, in a mirror or just with my camera phone, on a scale of awesomeness with the best pics being "Emotastic Myspace Calibre" lmao (Man I am sad)

I don't think the impact myspace has had on emo/screamo/post-hardcore bands can be overlooked either.. Ok so it has landed us with a lot of generic sound alikes but also some awesome bands too..
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 01 2009, 05:37 PM
Great words^

Regarding Myspace I think it will still be the main community site for emo bands for a while even if Facebook has taken over in other areas.

Lastfm is another social application that has certainly been important for the emo scene.
Emo Pictures - bymyowndesignifall
bymyowndesignifall
Mar 02 2009, 09:00 AM
I think its evolving as any subculture does, its just moving with the times. I find the whole emo/scene thing irritating. It really has become a trend that the youth of today follow and I don't think anyone has the right to decide if another person is genuine or not as there are sub-subcultures branching off allover the place.
Why I chose to write my dissertation around these subcultures I'll never know.
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 04 2009, 07:06 AM
Well I'm sure your dissertation will be interesting :D You'll have to tell us how it goes.
xFly_On_Paper_Wingsx
Mar 04 2009, 09:09 PM
Lol when you see like... 10 kids all dressing the same with their hoodies and skinny jeans.. you really do start to realise that it has become a major trend.. It's kind of weird where I live... If you see emo/scene people.. there tends to be only one of them and the rest of their mates will be "normal".. That's the case with myself funnily enough.. I am the only "emo/scene" person out of my whole group of friends.. It is very much an idividual thing for me.. Not to fit in or as a trend.. It's how I want to be..
Emo Pictures - bymyowndesignifall
bymyowndesignifall
Mar 10 2009, 05:35 PM
I'll send you a copy when its finished, if it ever gets finished lol 
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 10 2009, 06:30 PM
Ok thanks I look forward to it. What is the exact title of it and how long do you think it'll be.
symponika
Mar 11 2009, 04:42 AM
  it's stable here in phils...
  i don't mind if it's declining or what because i find most of "emo's" here like posers??
 hahaha.........

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More