Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I never thought it'd be this way Just me and you, we're here alone Drowning Lessons, by My Chemical Romance

Emo Forums » Newbies (Reply)

xFly_On_Paper_Wingsx
On Paper Wings, He Flew Towards The Heavens Feb 23 2009, 04:29 PM
Well, I am a newbie.. err obviously that is self evident by the fact that I am posting in this section but err hey ho.. I like stating the obvious.. I have been lurking here for a few weeks and thought I would start posting and might I say.. Awesome work on the site.. As a web designer, I can really appreciate the amount of work that has gone in here.. It's awesome!

Anyways.. I guess you could say I am emo but I am sure we all agree here that self identifying as emo is as much an act of ironic humour aimed towards the people that like to label us as such as it is a genuine self accepted way of life.. If you wanna know more, check out my profile as I have literally crammed it full of pointless info about myself lol..

Have we got any other straight edge people here? I have been edge for nearly 3 years and literally live my life by it..

Replies

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 23 2009, 05:32 PM
Welcome and thanks for the kind comments. A total new site is in development at the moment though, which you might have read about.

It's always good to see a profile full of content. Some of us do actually read it all.

As for straight-edge use the Search Forums link above as I'm sure there is a topic on it.
Emo Pictures - LifeCore
LifeCore
Feb 24 2009, 03:20 AM
Welcome ^^ if you wanna talk to somebody im here :P
xFly_On_Paper_Wingsx
Feb 24 2009, 04:44 AM
Yeah I did read something about that.. Are you taking the project on solo? I am impressed! I assume you coded the forum section here from scratch or is it maybe an open source white label forum script? I don't recognise it as being any of the usual forum softwares..

lol Yeah I hammered my profile.. I figure it's best to show people who you are upfront rather than have to explain a lot of it later.. I could go on and on though.. It would be more like war and peace than a profile though.. lol
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 24 2009, 10:18 AM
The whole site is coded from scratch and so improving all the time. This was always my plan from the start as I didn't want to just download a forum or whole community systems.
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 24 2009, 10:19 AM
Just to add I realise the current design isn't the best, but I'm impressed with the new design I have sorted out.
xFly_On_Paper_Wingsx
Feb 24 2009, 10:56 AM
Well man what can I say.. I am impressed.. it's no easy task to code a whole community site and forum from scratch.. I bet you had your head glued to your monitor for a few weeks there.. lol

I honestly like the design a lot man.. I can imagine how you feel though.. Us webdesigners are more often than not our own harshest critics.. I have made sites where I have been so chuffed and happy with the result, only to look at it months later and think.. man.. I need to do something about this.. it looks terrible..
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 26 2009, 04:26 PM
Yea I've made a lot of commercial sites and I'm pretty fussy, but some of the clients...god they do my head in.
xFly_On_Paper_Wingsx
Feb 26 2009, 06:10 PM
Ah man tell me about it.. I don't doubt that you have had to deal with a last minute redesign after someone changed their mind about something.. The best client I ever had was a boat valeting service.. I knocked up a design and they asked me to change literally 3 or 4 small things.. That was heaven lol.. 

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More