Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Tell me whats the point of life is it material Alone, by Sleeping With Sirens

Emo Forums » Other (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXxChrisJWxXx
xXxChrisJWxXx
Jobs, HELP!!! Jul 07 2009, 01:36 PM
Im applying for my first "proper" job and I don't think i'll get it!! I worked in a few libraries and in tuck shops, JRSO etc. but I don't really have experience so I don't think I'll get it. Anyone got any tips for CV's, applications,etc. ? I'd seriously appreciate it!!! At the moment I'm trying for my local Iceland because they have an opening.

Replies

WorthLessBitch
Jul 07 2009, 02:11 PM
When filling out an application form, write in black ink and in block capitals. This looks tidy, employers will then see that you take pride in how things looks and work to achieve that. Fill out EVERYTHING on the form. Everything. Read it all before starting it. Maybe photocopy it, so if you make a mistake you can try again? DO NOT USE TIPPEX. If it says about "relevant hobbies and interests" and you have none that are relevant, MAKE IT UP! Fill it out with something. We had to write this for Asda and it was such balls. I wrote than I enjoy reading, showing that I like to learn, but I can also put my time to relax to good use. I said that I do art (true though) which shows a creative aspect to me, and I lied through my teeth and said I play 5 a side football with my class, showing I can have fun and work as a team. Lol hope that's some form of help. CVs, I dunno, I've never written one. Good luck x
xXxChrisJWxXx
Jul 07 2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks hun xx
WorthLessBitch
Jul 07 2009, 02:40 PM
No problem :] Best of luck getting a job though. Loads of jobs are being given to adults who have qualifications to the eyeballs. Which isn't fair, a lot of them apply for little jobs if they've had their hours cut, and because they're so over-qualified they get it... Leaving the unemployment figures sky high. Remember though if you don't get any word back, it's not the end of the world, and it's not based on you. Jobs are so hard to get. The best thing about failure is that it gives you something to prove :]
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 08 2009, 02:38 AM
Jobs certainly are hard to get at the moment. Anyway I have found the following site helpful in the past: Example CVs, Covering Letters and Application Forms
LipsOfDeceit
Jul 08 2009, 03:24 PM
if you don't get the job don't put yourself down about it. keep trying different places and eventually you'll find somewhere. trust me. :)
xXxChrisJWxXx
Jul 09 2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks for your help I sent in my CV and application form so now it's the waiting game.... I hate this bit of anything lol.
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 09 2009, 05:28 PM
Certainly not uncommon to apply to 10 jobs and get bearly any response...
xXxChrisJWxXx
Jul 15 2009, 03:03 AM
I just got a call today and they want to interview at 3.30 Got I'm nervous lol
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 15 2009, 10:35 AM
Great stuff. Tell us how it goes. I need to apply to more jobs myself!!
xXxChrisJWxXx
Jul 16 2009, 08:00 AM
I think it went OK, they seemed rather positive and laughed a bit, I wont hear from them for three to four weeks, there's five jobs going and their interviewing this week and next so fingers crossed
LipsOfDeceit
Jul 22 2009, 05:57 AM
Good Luck lol. :)
xXxChrisJWxXx
Jul 22 2009, 11:50 AM
thanks hun
xXxChrisJWxXx
Jul 23 2009, 08:31 AM
Didn't get it
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 24 2009, 05:14 AM
I have had no luck either and I have lots of experience :(
LipsOfDeceit
Jul 24 2009, 10:08 AM
I have had epic bad luck. But I suck. oh well.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More