Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

My life was empty, forever on a down Until you took me, showed me around My life is free now, my life is clear I love you sweet leaf, though you can't hear Sweet Leaf, by Black Sabbath

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
Piercings and school conflict Apr 02 2013, 03:29 PM
on thing that's been annoying me for awhile now is 'adults' ie teachers, moaning a pupils for having more than one lobe piercing yet they them selves seem to have multiple ear piercings and a few have facial .. now i go to a strictish school and this happens often that kids who even just have the one set of lobe piercings with a plain stud are told to remove it yet some kids and staff can get away with many tbh i think it's extremely hypercritical and unfair ..shouldn't it be one rule for both pupils and staff and after all whats wrong with 1 lobe piercing and PLAIN stud ?? What are your opinions on piercings and school rules going with them ??

Replies

Emo Pictures - EyeWings
EyeWings
Jun 13 2014, 05:25 PM
I suppose like with seemingly all things these days schools feel they have a duty to "health and safety" so if theres something that someone can say hang out of I can see that they feel constrained to ask you to follow the rules. But I don't think that should mean a blanket ban on everything. If say something is sharp enough to cause injury and presents a reasoable ammount risk I think its fair enough that it should be removed for a given duration. But with everyday clothes, hair-styles, make up etc I think there should be some common sense. If you take pride in your apperance your'e more likely to feel confident to get the best out of yourself in other areas too. If the argument is "Don't wear this because it may cause bullying" I think its misguided. Bullying often happens because someone is shy and can't stand up for themselves so if they dress in a way that they feel comfortable it may actually give them a confidence boost. Schools often encourage pupils to "be themselves" so surely dressing a certain way is a form of self-expression in the same way as writing an essay or drawing a picture, far from putting people off learning it may encourage them because they feel respected as an individual and can relate to school.
BrokenPrincess
Jun 13 2014, 08:49 PM
I put blue highlights in my hair and got suspended until it was out but then there were girls who had there whole head dyed bright Pink and nothing was said to them. Were not aloud any unnatural hair colours or any piercings other then the ears. They say Express your indivisuality but i got suspended for expressing mine :/
MyGh0st
Jun 16 2014, 02:56 AM
No, I don't think students and teachers have the same rules. Speaking with regards to the schools here in Britain: staff should be and are allowed certain things that the children are not. The reason? The staff are adults and the pupils are children which, while many children will get angry with and start trying to use the ageism card, society does and has always allowed adults more than children so it's just something you have to live with. Also, the staff work there, thus are allowed more as they are the leaders and runners of the institution. I disagree with not being allowed a single lobe stud in each ear, though multiple shouldn't be allowed and neither should facial piercings, in my opinion. Not in school, anyway.
That6metal6chick6
Jun 19 2014, 04:56 PM
When I first got my belly pierced my mom said I was mutilating my body. The reason I got my belly pierced was to encourage body peace with myself
Emo Pictures - BanemmaFace
BanemmaFace
Jul 23 2014, 12:05 PM
My school doesn't care about piercings, excluding stretched facial piercings. Handbook says "no drastic hair dyes" but kids still do it.
eleanor
Mar 19 2018, 07:42 PM
my school is cool about my my two pairs of studs and my cartilage bar, but they said im not aloud my nose ring :(
LittleWitch
Mar 23 2018, 05:43 AM
My school is as ghetto as it comes. The guidelines for dress coding, like piercings, are there but no one ever follows them. Honestly... you could be wearing a crop top or tank, and literally no one will care. So piercings have never been a giant issue for my school...

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More