Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Do you still love me? I am dying to know. Or did you forget what we shared? Out of sight, out of mind, I was never even there One Hundred sleepless nights, by Pierce The Veil

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xDeadintheDirtx
xDeadintheDirtx
Don't want to not be depressed Feb 03 2016, 06:54 AM
So for the last year I've been really depressed,it comes and goes but I never really feel "great". When I'm feeling good its more like I just feel okay,I don't really feel strong emotion or excitement about things or just feel extremely happy,and when it's really bad I don't cry or anything but I just feel really empty and alone. It doesn't get in the way of my relationships with people or daily life but it just really bothers me and gets me way down sometimes. Part of me wants to feel happy and stop being depressed but part of me is glad I'm depressed and doesn't want to get better. I'm a musician and lyric writer and a lot of what I write and play stems from my depression and the ways I feel. I almost feel like I need to be depressed and feel lonely to keep writing the way I do and furthering my creativity. Is anyone else that is creative or an artist of some form and feel this way too?

Replies

__lexxieloou
Feb 03 2016, 02:27 PM
I am the same way.. but i have been diagnosed with mania depression and borderline personality disorder... I draw and paint, but i can not sing xD.
Emo Pictures - xDeadintheDirtx
xDeadintheDirtx
Feb 03 2016, 05:04 PM
I've never gone in to be diagnosed with anything but I'm sure I have some form of depression,just not sure what kind and don't want to bother self-diagnosing. I just think a lot of really creative and personal art can come from channeling things like that though.
__lexxieloou
Feb 03 2016, 05:39 PM
I agree with you ;-; it does, sometimes anger and sadness come up with the most beautiful creations. Like with Edgar allen poe, i know it's not really related to art. But he was angry and sad, and he made some of the most beautiful poems.
Emo Pictures - MaximusStephonovich
MaximusStephonovich
Feb 04 2016, 05:08 AM
Yeah, here let me help you out, DON'T BE. This universe is bigger than you, and there are people who die over your pair of shoes, that you once in while, step in shit with. You are welcome. Wubba lubba dub-dub
Emo Pictures - -_-x
-_-x
Feb 20 2016, 08:15 AM
Yeah I feel the same way but it effects a little differently. Sometimes when I have illustration projects due, I am depressed and sometimes not motivated enough to go through the creative process. With my art, depression influences it in some way, but depression itself doesn't drive me to push my creativity. It does the opposite. Its like a disease plague that infests in my brain to the point I can't happily function.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More