Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

i'm just a kid in aworld that is not fair i'm just a kid, by Simple Plan

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

Emo Pictures - -_-x
-_-x
How do you move to the UK? Jan 05 2017, 05:30 PM
I currently live in the United States, and I feel that my life would be better in Great Britain, or anywhere in the United Kingdom. Its been constantly on my mind, but I'm clueless where to start. Of course I need to save up. After I graduate, I plan to move there and possibly stay there. If anyone has moved out of a country before, what are some things that I have to do to get started?

Replies

Emo Pictures - sorachanx3
sorachanx3
Jan 05 2017, 08:47 PM
Good question - I moved to the UK in September and I didn't need to fill in any forms but since I moved from Germany, which is part of the European Union as the UK (still) is, things will probably a bit different if you move from the US... I think a good first place to start would be the official visas and immigration webpage of the United Kingdom: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration Hope you find answers to your questions there! However, what might become a problem is the fact that most modern day countries mostly limit immigration to skilled workers with a job offer in the country... you're speaking of graduation - are we talking high school or college? One thing to consider if you're graduating from high school would be studying abroad - the UK has some great universities and a study visa would be a good first step into the country.
Emo Pictures - -_-x
-_-x
Jan 05 2017, 10:39 PM
I'm graduating college to be an illustrator. I was hoping there are some graphic design jobs in the UK, because I would like to work outside the United States. I thought all I needed was a passport. Thank you for the link. I will have to look into it more.
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 06 2017, 08:28 AM
There are loads of graphic design jobs in the UK. We even have some where I work.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More