Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

'Cause i can't feel my face, i won't struggle on, in a world so cold, in a world so wrong Brompton Cocktail, by Avenged Sevenfold

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

Emo Pictures - Erebus
Erebus
Entering 1st year of College on the 28th, need some tips Aug 24 2017, 01:14 AM
Probably the 1st topic I remember posting on this site. Anyway I'm headed out to College to get atleast an Associates Degree in Computer Science. If things to good, I might head out to Ohio State University and transfer for a four year. This is the first time I've attended College, so I"m quite nervous, especially since classes start in about 5 days. I've got all my books purchased, fees paid, etc. What I'm asking is, for those of you who are in College or have graduated, what are some things and tips you'd recommend?

Replies

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Aug 24 2017, 02:03 PM
Get involved in as many things as you can to start with to do your best to make some good friends. I made some at the start of my degree and we were still friends at the end. You've just got to try and overcome any nervousness as most others will be nervous anyway. Also I studied computer science but in the UK.
Emo Pictures - xDeadintheDirtx
xDeadintheDirtx
Aug 26 2017, 07:48 AM
As a college dropout, if you have good time management & study skills (which I don't) then you got it in the bag. Mainly just use your time wisely and stay on top of things. Besides that just study something you're really interested in and it'll come easier.
LipsOfDeceit
Sep 05 2017, 08:04 PM
I've just gone back to college, I'm studying Computing too, hoping to move on to a degree in a year or two! I dropped out the first time before finishing my masters degree due to health and now I've had a change of heart about the industry i want to work in.. My biggest tips would be to just plan out everything, have a diary or something to help you see whats due and where to prioritise, don't leave things until the last minute and look after your health and get involved in things that make you feel good and accomplished - have some time to do what you like. :)
Emo Pictures - eleventynine
eleventynine
Sep 05 2017, 09:31 PM
Keep in mind that everyone else is feeling "new" too. Just as nervous as you in a new environment with no friends. Join societies, get to know your flatmates when they're all hanging out in the communal area, make friends with course mates as you will be stuck with them for the next couple of years!
Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
Sep 06 2017, 12:03 AM
talk to as many people as you can as you find your feet, as people will come and go in your 1st yr but sometimes you'll find friends that will stick about (i've afew from my 1st yr of college i'm still mates with now we're at uni). Also get involved with things outside of your course and remember if you need help, be pro-active and ask for it. Uni will not spoon feed you info/work like college or school!
Emo Pictures - Erebus
Erebus
Sep 06 2017, 01:10 AM
Well I'm in my second week and everything is doing alright so far. Thanks for the responses so far, everyone!
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Sep 08 2017, 12:14 PM
^Good to hear everything is going ok :)

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More