Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Breathe in for luck Breathe in so deep This air is blessed You share with me This night is wild So calm and dull These hearts, they race From self-control Your legs are smooth As they graze mine We're doing fine We're doing nothing at all idk, by idk

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

Luna_Moon
Need help but scared to be alone with my thoughts May 11 2018, 05:30 AM
Okay I know that this is pretty much taboo but I have a self harm problem, along with anxiety and depression. But lately all of the friends I know have made me feel like crap and I have been doing good for three months but tonight was the last straw and I really really really really want to cut and burn myself and I'm scared. I honestly don't know why people hate me to the point of revulsion.... I hate being left behind and I can't stand the thought of being alone. I'm not trying to draw attention or anything I just know I need help. My sister broke my mind and it hurts now when anyone else leaves. Sometimes I scare myself because I get irrational and scary... So any advice is welcome

Replies

WayOfLife
May 11 2018, 06:28 AM
At least you need to accept yourself, at least in a normal way, as to look how others do at you. You can't change what you have done in the past, but what you will do into the future is into your hand. Ask yourself what brings you when you hurt yourself, also in a future way, maybe it gives you a good feeling for the moment, but you also know you will regret it. Accept yourself, at least that will help that other people feel more comfy around you. Try to look at yourself and what makes you happy and focus on such things. We can't change the world around us, but we can decide what we will do.
Luna_Moon
May 11 2018, 01:02 PM
Thanks. I'm trying to get better and I'm doing good. It's just extremely hard sometimes.
Emo Pictures - GothAngelSinner
GothAngelSinner
May 13 2018, 08:55 PM
I know how you feel, there's plenty of people in the world that feels like us , it's pretty hard to go through this daily s**t but you've gotta move on no matter what, forget the ones that make you feel that way and instead do what makes you happy and please never forget that there's always someone to talk to and there's family and people that truly love you. I know how hard it is but keep going . Good luck girl.
Emo Pictures - Emotaku40
Emotaku40
May 14 2018, 10:37 PM
You don't have to imagine how others see you, just center in your own thoughts. It's hard not to anticipate, because you're bound to feel and later think. I have been through friendship issues and when it just gets better,there's suddenly the fall, in which no one is there to catch you. Do you know my the song of the lead singer of Black Veil Brides, Andy Black (Andy Biersack), it's called, We Don't Have To Dance. It's about social anxiety, I love the chorus: We don't have to talk We don't have to dance We don't have to smile We don't have to make friends It's so nice to meet you Let's never meet again We don't have to talk We don't have to dance We don't have to dance You should hear it, it will help you throw away your anxiety.
Emo Pictures - holy
holy
May 15 2018, 03:24 AM
The self-harm actually sounds like an addiction problem to me, and I would recommend seeing if you can find an addictions counselor who specializes in self harm addiction (there aren't many out there, believe me - I was unable to find anyone specializing in this when I did my practicum, which was disappointing because it's an addiction I also suffer from myself). I don't think people hate you to the point you believe they do, I think your depression and anxiety are causing heightened feelings and beliefs towards the negative moments you've already experienced. One thing you need to remember is that it is 100% okay to have a bad day. It is absolutely okay to have your off moments. Despite society demanding happiness at all times, it is not required. It is healthier to experience your negative emotions than it is to push them to the side. Feel what needs to be felt in an appropriate time frame. That time frame will vary per situation and per person. The mind of a pained soul is a very scary place. And it's okay to be scared of the thoughts that go through your head. You need to remember that no matter what difficulties you may face, you are stronger than what has presented itself to you. If you haven't already, I again would recommend some form of therapy, or someone to talk to. Talking helps to heal despite the pain it may bring up. You have three months worth of victories to look at. And that's absolutely amazing. Even if you have a slip up now, don't view it as a defeat. You're still learning how to be a person and cope with all the strong feelings that come with the adventure of life. You're doing amazing. And don't let anybody, especially yourself, make you believe any differently. EDIT: When you feel like hurting yourself, some tricks to help with that are: - Snap an elastic band where you wish to harm. - Slash with a red marker or red paint. - Apply red paint to a rubber band and snap where you wish to harm. - Draw on yourself.
Luna_Moon
May 15 2018, 04:48 AM
Thank you guys so much
LittleWitch
Jul 08 2018, 03:08 AM
The whole community is here for you, if you need someone to vent to

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More