Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

A positive scab that's never healing Regret that I kept this clean The most that I can do for you is keep on lying It's not a lie if you can let it sing Let It Bleed, by The Used

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xoLEXox
xoLEXox
Feeling low about nostalgia Sep 21 2018, 09:23 AM
Sometimes (Well, quite often) I get really upset and depressed because of nostalgia; the thing is, some of it is stuff I was too young to actually witness. I get genuinely depressed about things, like MSN Messenger, MySpace, Wii, ect. I guess I just don't like things changing, but it makes me feel really low, because I know I'll never be able to experience them. Any advice?

Replies

WayOfLife
Sep 21 2018, 06:55 PM
Buy old stuff or use a emulator. You can ever experience some things, not all but at least some.
EmoKing96
Sep 21 2018, 09:34 PM
I know what this is all about -- It's because you're too young to remember when emo music & fashion was popular... I completely understand how you feel. Luckily for me, I was there for the ride, but I actually hated emo people and emo music until those trends started fading away. I definitely would've embraced and appreciated the emo fad during its peak if I had been born in Generation X, considering I would've been exposed to the goth fad when it was popular, and emo is basically just the evolved version of goth. Nowadays, pretty much everyone is a hipster by default, including you for those glasses you're wearing. Your glasses started trending in the Late 00's when those black, plastic, 3D movie glasses were invented, and kids poked out the lenses to become hipster geeks. Since then, retro hipster geek glasses have been the norm. You're too young to remember when people used to wear thin, small, oval or rectangle glasses and sunglasses like E40 and early Eminem. They're hard to find in this decade, even on the internet. Only dollar stores still have those, and of course ebay... Fashion has gradually gotten very hipster geek oriented since you were a toddler, and then the hipster geek style went mainstream in 2012 when you were about 8 years old. That was when cringey 2010's culture truly began... Btw, MySpace was lame and overhyped. Just like Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat. And Wii games aren't even all that great. Back in MY days, racing games and platformers on the PS1, PS2 and the GameBoy Color were a must-have. All you 21st Century-born kids know is the Wii and forgettable, hyper-realistic first person shooting games like CoD and Fortnite... Oh, right, advice... All I can say is enjoy being the coolest cat around town. Perhaps in the near future when the hipster era is over, there'll eventually be a emo or goth revival of some sort.
Emo Pictures - miseryisland
miseryisland
Jan 07 2020, 06:03 AM
I never experienced the true nostalgia of MySpace either because when it was poppin I was a little kid. The Wii was lit as fuck though. You can still get one for $100 on Amazon. I'd recommend Super Mario & Just Dance for the full effect of nostalgia. uwu
Emo Pictures - MaximusStephonovich
MaximusStephonovich
Jan 10 2020, 01:50 PM
Lol, you might not get this, but if you look at time as a human construct, you can look around and see that it's still 2006. Reason being is that, planets revolving around the sun do not count time, it's not an entity that can understand that concept. It has always been rotating for 1E14 years or more. As in a sense, this is 2006 or 2015, or 2020. Celestial bodies do not celebrate new years.
Emo Pictures - Ghost_of_Silence
Ghost_of_Silence
Oct 14 2020, 04:32 AM
^ hm, thats an interesting way to look at it.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More