Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

we were runnin through the town, our senses had been drown, no place we hadn't been before ready, set, go, by Tokio Hotel

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
BBC Radio and Emo May 09 2008, 11:19 AM
8th May I received an email from BBC Radio 2: "Hi, We are doing something on The Jeremy Vine Show, BBC Radio 2 this lunchtime at 13:30 on EMO. I'm looking for someone to come on the show to explain what EMO is. Would anyone from your website be willing to speak to us? This would of been a great opportunity, but unfortunately it was very short notice and I was out on a business meeting. However, they have put soEmo.co.uk details in their contacts for future use. For now please voice your opinions on behalf of soEmo.co.uk here: www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/vine/yoursay_thu2.shtml

Replies

Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 09 2008, 05:17 PM
Aww wow, that would have been a great opportunity, but ah well. I'm sure the chance will arise again. I followed the link, at the bottom too, to "share my views" on the 13 year old girl who committed suicide but I kind of went on for a bit and it said my comment was too long :P I had to cut around 2 thirds of it off! Was most upset! :P Anyway, was just wondering if you were interested in seeing the original comment. (Yes, I'm that sad to save it :P) xx Oh and loving the Forum by the way!
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 09 2008, 06:13 PM
Very interested in seeing it post it here. BBC doesn't post everyone's comments soEmo.co.uk does...xx
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 09 2008, 06:21 PM
Haha very "up yourself" remark there, but it's true :D That's what I like about this site :D xx Alright I'll post it here :P xx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 09 2008, 06:28 PM
It's what gets you places...Having your own opinion x
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 09 2008, 06:37 PM
Haha true, true :P
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 09 2008, 06:41 PM
Here's my original comment. Gosh, it's more like a rant but meh :P I both agree and dis-agree. There is a lot of various gossip around the whole "EMO" culture. I myself, think that there is no such thing as an "emo" person, but I do believe the scene exists and people who dress differently or listen to rock/alternative music are thrown into that stereotype. Many people have many different views on the whole "EMO" scene, most of them, hatred. Take what's happening in Mexico for example, it just shows how badly the whole "EMO" situation is looked upon. For a fact there are many sites that glamorize death and base "EMO" around death, cults etc. I've seen a fair few myself and I think it's just jumping the barrel. The girl who committed suicide was thirteen, this is roughly the age when they explore new horizons and see if they can "mould" themselves in to a certain 'scene' or 'group' to gain popularity or to see if they can get a lot of attention. Sure they are a lot of other thirteen year old girls who genuinely like the music or the dress-sense but with the amount of over-hyped information and sites that there is on the internet it's no wonder so many young twelve/thirteen year old girls are an easy victim. Many people tend to think that if you're "EMO" you're depressed and that you hate the whole world. When the truth is, they're not. If people actually done the right research, they'll find out the truth that there is a such thing as a "happy emo". Maybe the girl committed suicide because she was depressed due to the hatred and abuse she probably received for being "emo". Or she could have been drawn in, by the internet glamorizing death. As I said, I've seen a few and think it's pathetic. The site creators are probably just jumping the bandwagon and aren't even into that kind of music. If you ask me, I think the "emo" side of life is unfairly treated and looked-upon. More people need to open their eyes and stop listening to what people who don't have a clue what they're saying and base their own opinion. Every situation like this is always looked at the same though. A young person commits suicide, they wear black and listen rock music and yet "Emo" is to blame. Sure (Like I said earlier, that there are things that "look upon death as a good thing" but all us people who are so-called "emo" aren't to blame. These people who glamorize death or make it into some big joke of a sub-culture, they're posers if you ask my opinion. Many cases around the world, like this one happen all the time. Yet I don't see why "EMO" is seen as 'dangerous'. Why do you think some "Emo" people are depressed eh? One, because they probably get shit for how they dress. Two, why do you think that most "depressed suicidal" people listen to rock/alternative music, because they seek solace and find comfort in listening to the meaningful music "EMO" has to offer. Although this may not always be the case, most "EMO's" just like that style/genre of music. We can't all be hip-hop loving 'chavs'. Speaking of which, "EMO" gets FAR more looked down upon that the "CHAV" culture. Many teenage pregnancies are from the "lower-class chavs" but does that get as much hatred as "EMO" - I think not. When you see gangs walking around streets or you hear about knifing's taking place, are these people walking around with "emo" fringes wearing all black? No. "EMO" isn't the real "danger" here, people need to open up to that fact. "Emo" people are some of the nicest people you could ever have the chance to meet, I think. Alas, "EMO" will never be fully 'accepted' in today's modern society, but it can only get better. This girl may or may not have been influenced by various cultures and the glamorisation of death. We'll never know.
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 10 2008, 06:55 AM
Tantra that response was superb. Couldn't have put it better myself but i'd be going round in circles having said similar things many times. A quick browse of the members on this site will show everyone that there are lots of beautiful happy 'emo people'. Regarding the link between this suicide case and the emo culture, even though we will never sadly know, I do not believe it was the underlying factor. Only a hand full of radicals, just like any sub-culture involve themselves in these issues. Rather than the media describing the subculture as dangerous they should realise their false representation may actually be making things worse. Some young emo's may end up becoming more vulnerable.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 10 2008, 12:08 PM
Aww, glad you like my response :D And yes, you're just one of the many "beautiful happy" people :P I agree with you 100% on that my darling, you have a good view on things like this :P xx
Emo Pictures - Pagan
Pagan
May 12 2008, 12:17 AM
OMG i listened to that on the actual day and i just had to laugh the thingsd they were saying were just so not true but the guys in collage took it all in and then just looked as if i was another person oh well Yours Pagan
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 12 2008, 12:12 PM
They didn't have an emo on there... I would have stuck up for all the emo's here and felt proud! I'd rather not get involved in very controversial issues though. The media has a bad impression of the culture in general and it would take a lot of effort to change that.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 12 2008, 12:19 PM
I agree with you there, Matt. :D But nice one for sticking up for the emo's on here :P Me not being one of them I hope... :P Hehe xx
victhevamp
May 22 2008, 01:30 PM
that radio feature was soooo badley one sided, the bbc were really naughty to do that as they are really popular and alot of people listen to them, yeh they DEF should of had an emo on there or even more parents who have emo kids and ARENT worried about them, grrrr silly bbc people!!
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 22 2008, 01:41 PM
I've never really liked the BBC :P *shakes fist* Come join me! xD
victhevamp
May 22 2008, 01:47 PM
*shakes fist too* lol
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 22 2008, 02:12 PM
Haha, well be like that Disturbed sleeve soon :P
Emo Pictures - OurAndy
OurAndy
May 28 2008, 09:52 AM
My "fist shake" added. :D..........Louis not even close either, what a waste. :P
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 28 2008, 11:06 AM
Sweetheart? I don't get what Loius has got to do with it :P Explain? :s
victhevamp
May 29 2008, 03:55 PM
lol oh dear! i hope that doesnt mean what i think it does :P
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 30 2008, 01:44 AM
Oh I see! - hahahaha :P Dear lord Andy!
Emo Pictures - OurAndy
OurAndy
May 30 2008, 01:58 PM
My apologies for the lewd comment earlier in this thread, that was my alter ego "EvilOurAndy", he has no concept of acceptable behaviour. :P Just for future reference my hair has a little patch of hair dyed blonde, "EvilOurAndy" has a patch of dyed hair in the same place, except it is a dark red colour. :D

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More