Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I know, i know how to drive you wild and you know, you know how to make me smile but I need you to be my ancient history And i know, i know who you really are and you know, you know how to break my heart but i need you to be mu ancient history Ancient history, by Set It Off

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
MCR / Emo fans plan London protest against Daily Mail 'suicide cult' claims May 21 2008, 11:37 AM
It had to happen sometime soon... Emos across the UK especially My Chemical Romance fans are planning to unite and march across London to protest the media's hysterical claims that MCR were somehow responsible for the death of 13 year-old Hannah Bond. This protest has come about after the Daily Mail and other UK newspapers recently made ludicrous claims that emo was a "suicide cult" and pointed the finger at My Chemical Romance, saying Hannah's morbid fixation with the band and the "Black Parade" lead to her suicide. The march is taking place on 31 May. It will begin at Hyde Park's West Pond and end outside the offices of The Daily Mail. Three hundred fans are so far confirmed. soEmo.co.uk supports these actions, even though it is very unlikely to change the media's false poorly researched view of the emo scene. They haven't learnt a single thing since the joke of an article in 2006 by Sarah Sands called EMO cult warning for parents The latest articles that have caused all this controversy can be found here: Girl, 13, hangs herself after becoming obsessed with Emo 'suicide cult' rock band Why no child is safe from the sinister cult of emo

Replies

xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 22 2008, 02:08 AM
I might be attending this now on behalf of soEmo.co.uk Anyone else?
shepardosdemon
May 22 2008, 02:44 AM
omg im flying home from turkey on that day :S but if i can i will deffinaly be there. do u know what time roughly it will start? :S
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 22 2008, 04:40 AM
I think me and a friend may go, seeming as I'm sleeping round her house on the 30th :D It's a nice movement, but it won't really achieve anything I think. It'll just be something else for all the conformist wankers to laugh about.
victhevamp
May 22 2008, 05:33 AM
haha niiiceeee well id def be up for it, prob wont do any good but sounds like fun and will make some controversly (sp?) just hope no trouble starts on the march tho, aka chavs...
Fatalx
May 22 2008, 06:02 AM
I wouldn't worry about chavs, Vic. They're not stupid enough to attack that many people, but they're not smart enough to organise a group bigger than 10 to attack in the first place. I would be there if I could, unfortunately living at the other end of the country means I have no way of getting there. :(
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 22 2008, 06:19 AM
Sure I read it kicks off at 3pm... It won't accomplish much if anything but it shows we give a shit. But at the end of the day WHO ARE WE?...
Sugar_Cane
May 22 2008, 07:58 AM
SOEMO! Ehehe. I really want to go but my dad won't let me :( I'm working on it though...
shepardosdemon
May 22 2008, 08:26 AM
3pm sounds good, i think my flight home lands in the morning so ill be home and might be albe to get there :D na wont achieve much but might be kinda fun meet new people :P
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 22 2008, 09:41 AM
Wonder if it'll go ahead for sure though? Evie force him to let you go x
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 22 2008, 09:41 AM
Vic - could be some trouble. We'll go if free and can get cheapish train tickets x
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 22 2008, 10:44 AM
Need a banner or something to promote soEmo.co.uk when down there!
SomeMorbidKid
May 22 2008, 11:37 AM
man, i wish i had a way to get there! i would go if i could. ill work on it :D
victhevamp
May 22 2008, 12:50 PM
matt- yeh of course i'll go i'll have a look at train prices and i'll have a look about making a banner :D
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 22 2008, 01:38 PM
That's quite a good idea actually :D Good luck with the banner :). Evie, if he lets you go, we should deffo go together and make a banner also :D
Emo Pictures - pixie_1989
pixie_1989
May 23 2008, 03:22 AM
dam i wish i could go i just dnt have the transport dam my dad disowning me
Emo Pictures - xMegs_RAWRx
xMegs_RAWRx
May 23 2008, 06:12 AM
Its actually quite amazing how people could be so inconsidorate to other people by arguing that MCR are 'responsible' in a way. Its total bullshit that the media have to overreact , MCR might dress emo, i guess, but just cos they do doesnt mean that girl did it cos she wanted to be like them, and as for depressing, iv heard much more depressing songs then some one MCR's. Bollocks to the media =] Also poor girl, R.I.P xx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 23 2008, 12:48 PM
Banners, t-shirts, hell even just mentioning the site to someone would be great! Blaming the emo scene is just wrong. The media should research and talk to some emo's in person before making these serious claims. Many teenagers parents are slowly getting an insight into what emo is now through the media, but it's frustrating that the information isn't accurate. Parents with this false impression will become worried and their children may have even more trouble expressing themselves how they want. Emo is not a dangerous cult so do not listen to the rubbish in the media.
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 23 2008, 01:00 PM
Read there maybe upto 1000 there...I am quite surprised this looks like it will go ahead! Respect :D
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 23 2008, 01:17 PM
THE ORGANISERS SITE: www.whatthefrank.co.uk/
victhevamp
May 25 2008, 11:54 AM
i carnt seem to get the site to work grrrrrrrrrr

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More