Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Hands, hands getting cold Losing feeling's getting old Was I made from a broken mold? Hurt, I can't shake idontwannabeyouanymore, by Billie Eilish

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
MCR / Emo fans plan London protest against Daily Mail 'suicide cult' claims May 21 2008, 11:37 AM
It had to happen sometime soon... Emos across the UK especially My Chemical Romance fans are planning to unite and march across London to protest the media's hysterical claims that MCR were somehow responsible for the death of 13 year-old Hannah Bond. This protest has come about after the Daily Mail and other UK newspapers recently made ludicrous claims that emo was a "suicide cult" and pointed the finger at My Chemical Romance, saying Hannah's morbid fixation with the band and the "Black Parade" lead to her suicide. The march is taking place on 31 May. It will begin at Hyde Park's West Pond and end outside the offices of The Daily Mail. Three hundred fans are so far confirmed. soEmo.co.uk supports these actions, even though it is very unlikely to change the media's false poorly researched view of the emo scene. They haven't learnt a single thing since the joke of an article in 2006 by Sarah Sands called EMO cult warning for parents The latest articles that have caused all this controversy can be found here: Girl, 13, hangs herself after becoming obsessed with Emo 'suicide cult' rock band Why no child is safe from the sinister cult of emo

Replies

xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 25 2008, 12:22 PM
Works fine for me...?
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 25 2008, 01:09 PM
Works for me too :]
victhevamp
May 25 2008, 01:23 PM
ooo its working now! whos def going then? :D
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 26 2008, 08:56 AM
Well I can't - none of my friends can afford to go and Evie has been forced not to, so I can't go. *cries* :[
Fatalx
May 27 2008, 04:51 AM
I'm going to beg my parents to take me and Jess down to London.. It's a huge journey but I've never actually been before and they know I desperately want to. :P Probably won't manage, but who's going to be there just in case? You should probably design a huge banner so we can all form a group like a true emo "cult". Haha. :)
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 28 2008, 09:38 AM
If you go email me before or i'll give you my number to txt if you like. Also just seen: My Chemical Romance defend emo
victhevamp
May 28 2008, 11:47 AM
ooo will look at article and yeh i should be there with matt
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 31 2008, 04:28 PM
Me and Vic went to this protest and were there on and off all day supporting the emo scene and soEmo.co.uk. We have a load of pics and some videos, which will be online ASAP. Even if it doesn't achieve much it still shows the dedication of the fans!
victhevamp
Jun 01 2008, 12:18 PM
yeh it does alot of the people there had some form of banner, poster or slogan/home made t shirt with them showing their love for emos and MCR :D
Emo Pictures - just_another_emo_kid
just_another_emo_kid
Sep 05 2008, 07:51 AM
i may be a little late on this but people need to stop blaming other people for stupid things such as this. Jews are blamed for WW2, blacks are blamed for crack, and now an emo band is being blamed for a suicide? wtf kinda crap is this? people need to learn to except others for who they are.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Sep 06 2008, 05:11 AM
Yeah and now it's Slipknot's turn. When will they just fuck off and leave people alone?
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Sep 07 2008, 01:47 PM
Crappy news pays their wages...
victhevamp
Sep 08 2008, 07:25 AM
whats happened with slipknot?
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Sep 08 2008, 08:39 AM
Here you go Vicki: Link
victhevamp
Sep 08 2008, 11:21 AM
hmmm im suprised this hasnt happened earlier to be honest because of their masks, its the media for ya and people not understanding
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Sep 08 2008, 12:59 PM
I only read the title of that article you posted Tantra and people may disagree here but it could have a very slightly influence. However that will be mixed with many other influences. The way these sort of newspaper articles are written doesn't portray this though. If it did, it would be less shocking and get less views... A journalist can't get into someone's mind...end of.
victhevamp
Sep 08 2008, 03:29 PM
yup they make it worse so they get money and the newspaper gets sales, they dont care about what actually happened, depends on thr suituation alot of the time
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Sep 09 2008, 03:11 PM
Having read the article properly it backs up that The Guardian isn't as biased and petty as The Daily Mail though.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More