Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

maybe when i'm done with thinking, you can think me whole, maybe when i'm done with endings this can begin. you could my punk rock princess and i'll be your garage band king,and you can tell me why you just don't fit in and how your gonna be something punk rock princess, by something corporate

Emo Forums » Emo Music (Reply)

victhevamp
woman singers vs male singers Jul 01 2008, 04:21 PM
which is better? does it depend on the style of music? for example could a guy singer pull off evanscene/nightwish/within temptation styles of music and could a girl pull off screamo style music?? or doesnt it matter either way and just depend on the band?

Replies

shepardosdemon
Jul 31 2008, 05:28 PM
Yea they can do meaningful ones too. :D
SomeMorbidKid
Aug 02 2008, 04:28 PM
Dammit Nathan, I was going to mention "I'm So Sick" but you beat me to it! But, that is a good example. As for meaningful songs Vicki and Matt, not entirely sure what is meant by meaningful, but I kind of prefer the acoustic version of Tears Don't Fall to the normal version, but it depends what mood I'm in as to which I prefer. I reckon male singers are probably better. But a guy singing Nightwish/Evanescence etc etc? I'd like to hear what that would sound like! Well... maybe. XD
Aug 11 2008, 01:11 PM
Men.
Emo Pictures - shallow_believer
shallow_believer
Nov 30 2008, 08:13 AM
Males are good singers than girls because guys invade the whole entire universe of Rock Music and Rock is powerful right?!?and of course great musicians and Womanizer (britney spears just joking)anyway in my opinion they are good singers male rock the house
Emo Pictures - just_another_emo_kid
just_another_emo_kid
Dec 05 2008, 07:27 AM
i have to go with males... sry to the females out there. granted there are some good bands out there with female singers (i.e. Kitty, Paramore, etc.) There just is a limit. Some females try too hard to pull out the punk and emo side and the fact that they try too hard kinda makes it suck.
Emo Pictures - James
James
Dec 07 2008, 02:39 PM
I honestly don't care either way.. I really appreciate both. There are just so much fewer popular bands out there with female singers/screamers. It really just gives a different vocal sound and image that works better with different types of bands. As for female screamers, iwrestledabearonce is a pretty awesome grindcore band with a female fronting it.
just_another_emo_kid
Dec 08 2008, 07:48 AM
sweet.... imma check them out.
Emo Pictures - rawrrsauce
rawrrsauce
Dec 08 2008, 09:24 AM
i would have to say it would depend on the voice/genre. but i like male voice screaming and female voice chorus. :)
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Dec 09 2008, 06:32 AM
Just checked out iwrestledabearonce and as expected I quite like them thanks for the suggestion :]
just_another_emo_kid
Dec 09 2008, 07:14 AM
i agree ten fold.... very good....
Emo Pictures - shallow_believer
shallow_believer
Dec 11 2008, 07:23 PM
I'll check em out thanks for recommendation
Emo Pictures - black_rose_of_death
black_rose_of_death
Dec 31 2008, 05:07 AM
overall male singers are better but female singers are good with really meaningful song because they carry the message of the lyrics across like sharon from within temptation and amy lee from evanessence have got really beutiful voices but sometimes they can be a bit depressing so it depends i guess

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More