Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

My heart is a cold place where true love cannot bloom A Breath of Sunshine, by Scary Kids Scaring Kids

Emo Forums » Other (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Safe Computer Use Jul 23 2008, 07:39 AM
I know most of us are guilty especially whilst on one of the many addictive online community sites, but I'd like to raise this point especially with it being the summer holidays. You should take a 5-minute break every hour from the computer screen. This might seem a bit OTT, but Guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) suggests it's better to take shorter breaks more often at your workstation than longer breaks. Read more at Directgov - directed towards the workplace but just as relevant for home use.

Replies

victhevamp
Jul 23 2008, 07:49 AM
ooo yeh im terrible for that, i try and have a break tho even if its just going to get a drink, should have a proper seat too like your sexy leather one :D sitting on my bed always gives me back ache!
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 23 2008, 07:53 AM
You can have a good seat, but still not sit properly on it. Topics like this are rarely covered, but I feel it is important..
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jul 23 2008, 10:05 AM
Oo-er. Leather? Tut tut tut :P Anyways, on topic now, didn't know people actually take breaks and that every hour. No wonder my eye-sight has gone down the plug hole since I got my laptop, probably eye strain xD But yes, you said it's important right? Ah, I'm screwed then. :/ Shall have to start trying to take breaks. *sets timer* xD
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 23 2008, 11:23 AM
Tantra hardly anyone takes proper breaks but they should. At work we take breaks but sometimes when your just stuck into something you can't get yourself away!
shepardosdemon
Jul 23 2008, 01:08 PM
Well me and Tantra are screwed haha How long was it 10 hours stright on the computer, not taking any breaks and not sleeping :P Yea Tantra it really affects your eye sight, thats why so many young people need glasses and its something like 20% of teens need glasses but they dont know or wont get tested.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jul 25 2008, 10:54 PM
Oh and Baby Matt? Don't forget not eating and hardly drinking? Tut tut tut, you bad boy you! xD "but sometimes when your just stuck into something you can't get yourself away!" I know how it feels Matt, I know how it feels. :D Gosh is this forum really THAT good? Good lord, I'm obsessed. xD
shepardosdemon
Jul 26 2008, 02:12 AM
WEll yea thats a good point :D even when I was starving and went to get something to eat, I came back to you without eating anything :S Yea this site is soADDICTIVE :P
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jul 26 2008, 05:10 AM
You could have eaten something though love! :P And yes, soemo is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO addictive xD
shepardosdemon
Jul 26 2008, 05:16 AM
I know I could of but I didnt get bored of you so I wanted to talk more :S So yes kids take a break from addictive computer sites as reguarly as you can, otherwize you could turn out like us. haha You can see them all now glued to the screen trying to be like us :D
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jul 26 2008, 06:14 AM
Trying to be like me! I've got more posts so it's me and Roxi - not you :D But yes, STAY away from soEMO xD
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jul 26 2008, 06:14 AM
Roxi - where's your rifle? xD
shepardosdemon
Jul 26 2008, 06:16 AM
You have more posts im just cool and they all want to be cool :P thats how i fit in. dont shoot me :O
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jul 26 2008, 06:17 AM
And I'm not cool? *loads rifle* xD
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 28 2008, 02:29 PM
Obviously i'm not pushing people away, but do take a break for a bit when your eyes hurt. Community sites can become very addictive and now I'm back off holiday I have loads to catch up on, but I will try not to spend too long going over things.
shepardosdemon
Jul 28 2008, 04:03 PM
No Tantra your beautiful and amazing. *takes rifle slowly and unloads it* Yea I should take a break, I'm using my PS3 at the moment so i'm sitting infront of a 46 inch TV :O its not good. Well we all say we wont get addicted but we all do :S
victhevamp
Jul 29 2008, 02:28 PM
doesnt it hurt your eyes tho? after staring at the computer screen for sooooooo long?
shepardosdemon
Jul 29 2008, 04:01 PM
Nope Ive grown used to it all my life really so yea I never have a light on, but my friend needs a light on otherwize he gets a head ache. :D
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jul 29 2008, 11:57 PM
Well that certainly isn't good is it Baby Matt? :P 46 inch TV? Fucking hell... It WAS pretty big when I saw it behind you on your webcam :P (Just as well I added the "behind you" eh?) xD Well I think you should start taking breaks love, it's not very good. Whether you're used to it or not. :P
shepardosdemon
Jul 30 2008, 01:52 AM
No its not good at all :( Haha well it wouldnt sound to good with out the behined you :S Yea I should start taking breaks but I probably wont. :D
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jul 30 2008, 02:05 AM
Not even if I want you too? :P Damn where's my 'cute eyes' icon when I want it? xD

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More