Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Why did I believe when you told me Just hold on, I'll be yours forever? You left me to die Nothing Lasts Forever, by Upon This Dawning

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xSUICIDEBLOODx
xSUICIDEBLOODx
are you unsure of what's of all things that is emo? Aug 26 2008, 08:38 AM
Here's a help list: Emo Life: An A to Z of All Things Emo A is for Artistic: Everything about an emo boy or girl is artistic; hairstyle, clothes, web blogs, photographs, view of life. Emos don't want to be like everyone else, they want to be different. They express this difference in everything they do. B is for Black: Black is the color! Hair, eyeliner, jeans mood! If it's black, it works! C is for Converse Shoes: No emo outfit is complete without a pair of old school Converse or Vans. Generally black is the favored color but bright colors can also be used to contrast with an otherwise dark emo outfit. D is for Doc Martins: Another essential item of footwear. Switch between these and Converse for a varied look. E is for the Emo Life: Generally involves hanging out in large groups and discussing music, fashion, and occasionally, poetry and art. Filled with open and honest displays of emotion, the emo life is all about self-expression and individual personalities. F is for Fringe: An important element of any emo look. Emo bangs are long, asymmetrical and swept over one eye, the darker and greasier they are, the better. G is for Geek Chic: The guy at school who used to take all the stick for not being with it, is now the guy all the girls want to be with. That's emo, what's "out" is definitely "In". H is for Horn-Rimmed Glasses: An absolute "must have" for any discerning emo. Thick dark frames will do the job just as well but make sure you don't opt for wire or frameless styles; they are more "Boutique Chic" than "Geek Chic" (See G). I is for Ignorance: People who don't understand emo like to harass or criticize emo boys and girls; they just don't get it. J is for Jeans: The tighter the better. Should be dark denim. If your figure doesn't allow for skin-tight slacks, opt for baggy trousers with one-inch turn-ups instead. However, to be a true emo you should be able to fit in drainpipe slacks with room to spare (See W). K is for Kissing: Emo boys and girls like to kiss and it's a compulsory part of emo life. Boys kiss girls, girls kiss boys, boys kiss boys, girls kiss girls anything goes! M is for Metrosexuality: Often mistaken for being bisexual, emo boys are simply in touch with their feminine side. Girls (emo or not) find them irresistible. This leads to a great deal of jealousy from the jocks! N is for Neon: Not everything is black. Neon is a particular emo favorite for adding a splash of color. Some emos go the whole hog and opt for entire emo outfits in neon instead of black. These guys are rather imaginatively named "Neon Emos". Open: Emos are not afraid of showing their feelings or displaying emotion. Note: this does not necessarily make them gay! (See M). Piercing: Absolutely anything goes! Quorn: Anyone living a true emo life is a vegetarian or vegan and abstains from any animal derived foods or drinks. If it is green, it is generally ok. R is for Rites of Spring: Frequently accredited with being the creators of emo, although they dispute this profusely. S is for Scene: A softer version of emo. Sometimes described as "Happy Emo" it involves similar fashions and styling but less emotion. T is for Twitch: A word used to describe an emo's sudden swing of the head when their bangs get in their eyes. U is for Unrequited Love: The cause of much of the pain and emotion experienced by emos. Writing poetry helps. V is for Vanity: Emos look good and they know they look good. So what? W is for Weight: Emos are generally on the skinny side, this is perhaps because of their need to fit into tight fitting clothing (see J) or because of their dietary requirements (See Q). X is for X-Boyfriend/Girlfriend: See "U". Y is for Yawn: People want to constantly attack and criticize emos. It all gets a bit dull. Don't condemn something you don't understand. Z is for Zip Up Hoodie: Should be slightly too small and feature a band logo or pin badge. Essential for emo life.

Replies

victhevamp
Aug 26 2008, 01:40 PM
G is for Geek Chic: The guy at school who used to take all the stick for not being with it, is now the guy all the girls want to be with. That's emo, what's "out" is definitely "In". T is for Twitch: A word used to describe an emo's sudden swing of the head when their bangs get in their eyes. LOL those two are funny :D
shepardosdemon
Aug 27 2008, 06:05 PM
Hehe thats pretty cool I like it :D good work even if it did take a long time to read. :P
Emo Pictures - InvisableGirl
InvisableGirl
Aug 27 2008, 06:21 PM
Lol. And now I know my emo abcs'. Just Kidding. Must if tooken a long time to think of something for each letter. impressive.
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Aug 28 2008, 03:28 PM
Good, but nothing new. Also "S is for Scene: A softer version of emo"? Mmm true in some respects I guess but scene is generally more hardcore and OTT.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Aug 28 2008, 03:31 PM
I don't see how it can be "happy emo" - just a group of attention seekers. If they were that happy.... You see where I'm going with this :D
shepardosdemon
Aug 28 2008, 04:03 PM
see both sides :D because there not happy because they need the attension but there suposidly dont feel as upset with emotions so there are happyer :S
Emo Pictures - xSUICIDEBLOODx
xSUICIDEBLOODx
Aug 29 2008, 12:05 PM
i just find it so don't blame me on what's written =)
shepardosdemon
Aug 30 2008, 06:10 AM
Aww were not blaming you well im not, I think it is good. keep it up.
Emo Pictures - JustMe
JustMe
Aug 30 2008, 02:29 PM
Thats Good =] And At Some Points, Rather Entertaining
victhevamp
Aug 31 2008, 03:05 PM
now I know my emo abc LOL ooo that could make it into a song :D
victhevamp
Aug 31 2008, 03:05 PM
they*
shepardosdemon
Sep 02 2008, 01:03 AM
I think that they should make it in to a song :D Well get copy write early :D

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More