Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

There's nothing I could ever write, to help you understand this life City Lights, by Motionless In White

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - mxnnnnny
mxnnnnny
straightedge? Nov 14 2008, 10:38 PM
i wasn't sure where to put this, and i apologise if there's a similar topic floating about. it's simple really, is anyone here a straight edge? i'm effectively one, because partly due to religion and partly due to personal choice, i don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. is anyone like that? are there different opinions/definitions for straight edge these days?

Replies

Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Dec 16 2009, 02:03 AM
^ it is truly something to admire So i was a bit curious... From reasarch i have learn't that some straight edge kids have a more violent approach to dealing with drugs casual sex alcohol tobacco... and some are vegetarians / vegan .. Also bands involved in the movement sing against drugs and animal rights etc They are gangs which "punish " ppl for participating in such acts i believe ( cna correct me if i am wrong) i find this very interesting and i often wonder if this extremem measure is needed And to all the other sxe ppl is this really what happens? or is this not practiced anymore? ( i am just speaking from resarch and i reference to the following) <a href="http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/inside/3442/Overview"> <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge"> <a href="http://www.straightedge.com/whatissxe.html">
LipsOfDeceit
Dec 16 2009, 11:23 AM
I was watching a documentary about violent straight edge peoples on youtube.. I cant find it right now but I'm sure it's in the middle of a big documentary... Searc for it if your interested. :P
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Dec 18 2009, 10:52 AM
lol ive seen a few documentaries already i want some opinions on it xD
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jan 03 2010, 04:54 PM
I must say, even though I do smoke, drink and do weed occasionally, I do admire you lot and your choices that you have made to make your lifestyle for the better :) Well done :)
PrayForPlagues
Jun 30 2010, 01:06 PM
I'm straight edge too ^^
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jun 30 2010, 03:23 PM
Im 14 and concider myself straightedge I have had sips of my dads beer but just to remind me of why i hate it so much but honestly there are alot of teens in my neighborhood who do drugs and smoke weed and even more that are alchoholics i just dont see the point in it and i constantly tell my parents that i will NEVER touch that crap and they still think i do drugs and stuff like that... but my veiws on people that do do it i dont really care its your choice not mine im not going to hate you or stop hanging out with you just because you do drugs or drink or whatever hell the guy im trying to get with now is a dealer and he is only 15
Emo Pictures - SpiralStairs
SpiralStairs
Jul 23 2010, 06:52 PM
I'm straight edge but I don't base my life around it. I have a rare liver disease and a history of drug addiction and alcoholism in my family. I don't really care if my friends do drugs and smoke and stuff and I just don't participate but I'll hang out with them while they're fucked up. I'm not a vegan or chaste though because I don't really see the point in that.
Emo Pictures - Opheliac_x
Opheliac_x
Jul 24 2010, 02:54 AM
I'm not straightedge but a few of my friends are. Here, we consider straightedge to mean no drinking ot drugs and no random sexual contact eg. no sex out of a steady relationship.
LipsOfDeceit
Jul 24 2010, 06:02 AM
I don't think under-age people can say they're straight edge, because they're not supposed to do it anyway! :P
Emo Pictures - Nick-Aotmzgin
Nick-Aotmzgin
Jul 25 2010, 02:32 AM
I Smoke and Drink i live and got only one life.. i Balance them to much health is not healthy Satan is Jealous. he looks at the healthy peeps, and think why the hack.. and god says the same because healthy ppl die and healthy ppl get sick..it just a Bingo game finish first and you will win.
Breezy
Jul 26 2010, 03:40 PM
i'm straight edge i think. i hate smoking, a hate alchohol, and i hate drugs with a passion, the reason i hate all three is because so many people in my family has had there lives destroyed by one of the three. i don't know if i'm straight edge though cuz i get contact highs alot from my sister and brother when i chill at there house.
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 27 2010, 01:25 PM
Straight edge is so over used meh...
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jul 28 2010, 08:00 PM
hmmm i am straightedge... kind of... I have had alcohol but never really liked the taste of it and its definatly nothing ill ever do even socially. and i might not be straight edge for long, i have been joking tons with ash. about starting up on pot ... peer presure getting to me and im curious but idk if i can hold up forever
BitOfAnOddity
Jul 29 2010, 01:25 AM
I drink too much to be straight edge...especially when I'm at uni, lol. Tried smoking once and thought I was going to throw up a lung...so never tried that again. And I would never do drugs :)
LipsOfDeceit
Jul 30 2010, 02:14 PM
Adgfhshg Under-age people saying they're straight edge is so annoying. >_< Haha sorry, one of my pet peeves. :P
Emo Pictures - xnewtx
xnewtx
Jul 31 2010, 03:54 AM
im not straight edge because the area i grow up in and my friends
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jul 31 2010, 08:33 PM
you might find it annouying but in the USA most teens have been hi, drunk, ect ATLEAST once so its kind of like something to be extremly proud of here I can honestly say I am straightedge because I don't even want to touch that shit when I get older (yes i have had thoughts but that is all they will ever be) as for the whole no sexual contact thing that really doesnt have anything to do with straightedge
Emo Pictures - Bakayaro
Bakayaro
Aug 28 2010, 12:02 AM
If you were underage when you went edge, wait for a coupla years say, when you're 21 and let's see if you're still edge. Lots of people break when they reach the legal drinking age. Truth.
Emo Pictures - neck_cannon
neck_cannon
Aug 28 2010, 05:40 AM
That is true. I'm the reverse, I stopped using/abusing a few months before I turned 21. Hopefully I stay that way.
Aug 28 2010, 07:00 AM
I think sXe is pretty fucking dumb.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More