Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

We will see the fire. The skies will open up. Chorus Of Angels, by Haste The Day

Emo Forums » Other (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Twilight - Apparently an Emo Movie? Dec 18 2008, 03:19 AM
I'll begin with mentioning that I have not read any of the books or seen the movie yet. I am interested in why there is so much hype around this movie especially within the teenage 'emo' crowd. Following some research on the Web it appears that the film is quite overrated. Please note I'm not against the film, but very reputable resources prove that the film isn't all it's cracked up to be. Firstly on IMDB where users are able to rate the film on a scale of 1-10 it only scores a very average 6.0. This is from 24,052 votes. Quotes from other resources: "The result is a supernatural romance in which the supernatural and romantic elements feel rushed, unformed and insufficiently motivated, leaving audiences with little to do but shrug and focus on the eye-candy." -Variety.com "The long-awaited film is a splashy love story for sensitive teens with the mood of an Evanescence video and the depth of a Facebook status update." -GreenvilleOnline.com "The dialogue is horrendous." "The whole film lacks polish, as if no one in post production paid attention to how the film looks or flows." "Considering the financial aspect, Twilight seems more like a cash grab than an actual film; an attempt to milk an audience with no concept of quality or sense of taste." -Escapeist Magazine (please note this resource has some great in depth comments, but also a few of the expected childish stereotypical emo comments) Many comments express their dislike for the whole pretty-boy vampire thing and that it offends their own personal view of what a vampire should be. All the positive comments I've read about this film lack any depth simply stating their love for the film or for the eye candy. I will most likely see the film for myself then provide my own comments as I have enjoyed poorly rated films before. During my research I discovered another vampire film called "Let The Right One In" that is due to come out in April 2009 (UK release date). This has been highly rated and Ill certainly be seeing that. We havent seen a decent vampire film for a while now Please share your opinions especially if you have seen Twilight or read the books.

Replies

XContagiousKissesX
Dec 18 2008, 07:09 AM
Hii yeah ive read the books, and seen a the film on the internet. i kinda agree with some of them things. 1.Edward is not how me, or any of the other people imagined him. i know they cant get it righr for everyone, but he dosent really go with how the books describe him either, HE LOOKS TOO PLASTIC. 2.It didnt matter who they got to play the part, they could have got anyone to play him, but because that person would be playing 'Edward cullen' then that would automaticly make them attractive..i dont find Him attactive at all!!! 3.The film would be a little bit better, if it stayed more along the lines of the book, they missed bits some bits out, which i thought was disapointing! The book is definatley better than the film =] is it an emo movie? No i wouldnt say it is, but its being classed as one as alot of emos that i know, or have spoken to love vampires, and/or have read the book. i think the books are more appealing to emo's but the film will be more appealling to others, i doubt that most of them would even realise theres a book of it, and if they do theyll most probably think its a book written of the film. all in all, its a pretty good film, but i wouldnt say its the best film ive seen. if your intrested in watching the film, i say pleaaase read the book first =]
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Dec 18 2008, 08:47 AM
I have mostly read the film isn't all that good. However, I have also read the books the film is closely based on weren't very well written in the first place. I guess the general view though is the average film isn't as good as the above average books :] Thanks for your reply.
shepardosdemon
Dec 18 2008, 12:03 PM
I havnt read the book or seen the film but im seeing the film tomorro which will be good :D I dont agree with people saying he doesnt look like what they think a vampire should look like, because vampires are like humans in the way that they all have different personalitys and looks :S ill say what i think tomorro :D
XContagiousKissesX
Dec 18 2008, 01:41 PM
naaa, i wasnt saying he dosent look like how a vampire should look like, i was just saying, the person playing him isnt really how the book has kinda potrayed him as if that makes sence. and in some of the pictures ive seen, he looks like a plastic doll! lol
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Dec 18 2008, 04:32 PM
I understand what you are saying and with the budget the movie had I guess they couldn't afford the 'perfect' actors.
XContagiousKissesX
Dec 19 2008, 03:32 AM
Kinda sorta not really lol. like it didnt really matter who they got to play him, but because they was playing him, girls would just throw there self at his feet anyway and say his hot. what i was getting at is in the books there his described like a human, with the only things changing is that he is really really good looking and pale, and in some of the scenes or pictures where theyve tried to make him look pale, he just looks shiny Lol
victhevamp
Dec 19 2008, 08:11 AM
lol they must have covered him in make up or something :D
XContagiousKissesX
Dec 19 2008, 10:55 AM
ahhh thats what i was going for. he looks like he should be a manikin in a store window advertisinf boxer shorts or something!!! =]
Emo Pictures - scotty-boi
scotty-boi
Dec 20 2008, 02:03 PM
it had so much potential i think it could have been a lot beter wtf was that ending it was lame. twilight 2?
Jeff_MCRnutter
Dec 21 2008, 12:51 AM
some people i saw it with loved it... defo not for me tho n emo? ha no... sorry bout this but only way i can class it is a chick flick with a fight scene at the end
Emo Pictures - CourtneyHatesYou
CourtneyHatesYou
Mar 23 2009, 05:26 AM
i dont like twilight becaise people are now using it for themselves.Robert Pattinson was in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. no one noticed him then. yes im aware that he wasnt as good looking then as he is in twilight but i like to focus on the skills...hes not that great of an actor.another thing...everyone claims to be obsessed with the movie but i asked around my school and not many actually read the books..until after.those who read the books first(like myself) dont think the movies so great. it doesnt display the passion as much and Kristin Stewart was quite a distracion because she sounded like she was having an orgasm the whole movie.im most annoyed about Decode. its a great song by and Amazing band (im seeing paramore in concert on june 2nd!!!woot woot!) it makes me so pissed when i hear girls at school saying how they LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVEEE paramore and then you ask them their favorite songs and the only one they can name is decode. like a band because of their music. not because the band played in some movie with a hot actor...yes i was inclined to vent about it. those are the things that make me mad about the MOVIE twilight. the BOOKS are much better (: i reccomend them. eclipse is my favorite!
Emo Pictures - Pagan
Pagan
Mar 27 2009, 03:55 AM

well ihavent watched the movie yet!

but i have read the books and they are brilliant!!!!

i have seen the people they have acting the parts and well there nothing like the people in the books and some of the adverts for it are rather dissapionting but hey books that turn into films are rather crap and dramatised for certain "trends" of people.

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 28 2009, 10:05 AM
^ I agree but Lord of the Rings was true to the books and a masterpiece.
Emo Pictures - Pagan
Pagan
Apr 06 2009, 07:54 AM

well i actually never read or watched lord of the rings!!

but some times you need the book to understand the film or vice versa

great examples of this is stephen king and his book the tommy knockers

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Apr 07 2009, 04:41 PM
I really recommend you watch and/or Read Lord of the Rings unless it really doesn't interest you.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More