Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I'm forced to deal with what I feel there is no distraction to mask what is real Car radio, by Twenty-one Pilots

Emo Forums » Emo Fashion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - gloomymurder
gloomymurder
how do we tackle the haters?? Dec 31 2008, 08:44 PM
well i know we are not supposed to be rude or harm anyone but these haters make me sick. if anyone were to say something against emo..i would.. i would mentally break their necks!! RAWR RAWR! (aww.. no im just acting tough ^^) But seriously its a grave issue

Replies

Emo Pictures - James
James
Jan 01 2009, 12:46 PM
Just give them a "whatever" attitude. like, the mentality of.. "So what? I really couldn't give a flip whether you have anything against the emo lifestyle or not."
Jan 01 2009, 04:57 PM
they just hate on emos cause they think they're the most vunerable and want to put them down to make themselves feel better. but really, they are reh-tarded. >:U but yea.. i mean. they just not even bother with them.. :3
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 01 2009, 05:14 PM
Do we bother to go down to their level and fight back or just leave them to it? Everyone goes with either really.. Haters waste their time with stupid comments and even violence about something they hardly understand. Grow up! I agree 'emos' are perceived to be quite a vulnerable group which doesn't help.
Emo Pictures - gloomymurder
gloomymurder
Jan 01 2009, 11:20 PM
the popular image of "emo" is to be blamed i think. Its the single biggest problem. How can it be bettered thats what we should really work on.
SomeMorbidKid
Jan 02 2009, 11:36 AM
It would be difficult to improve the image as it has been percieved badly.
I would like to try though XD
selfhater
Jan 02 2009, 11:58 AM
like*
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 02 2009, 03:54 PM
Would you change for someone else in that way though..
selfhater
Jan 02 2009, 04:34 PM

i wouldnt change, no, its not for me to change. if i change, haters win.. its their attitude that needs to change.

Emo Pictures - Coldsoul
Coldsoul
Jan 07 2009, 04:51 PM
I have ALOT of haters =_= But what i do... stay away from them and ignore them!
Emo Pictures - scotty-boi
scotty-boi
Jan 10 2009, 02:54 AM

theres a lot of haters by mine (liverpool) and recently i was verbally insulted by three chav fools that got a good kicking  because they vere all mouth no action  

i was goin the shop just before i went to work at 9 in the morning    and i heard eeeeee   look at the weirdo there ill smash his head in the gimp,   so  i turned and said what the fudge did you just say ??

i was walking over wearing my steel toe cap rigger boots and they were shitn it so i gave a few punches and a couple of kicks and they ran off      i havent had any abuse from said idiots agen so far but it was really good fun

im not condoning violence but i was pissed off

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 11 2009, 01:26 PM
Well as long as you didn't hurt them too much and now they stop abusing you then you did the right thing. Oh and I don't condone violence either..
Jan 13 2009, 09:01 AM
It's certainly a major issue for anyone, but it doesn't really just apply to the emo culture to be honest. It applies to anyone who's different.
I think that mostly they fear us because we're different, or they've been raised in an environment where it's okay, or even encouraged to do so; but we can't be expected to change.

If they just say things to you then it's easier to ignore them, but things often progress into violence and I myself have been attacked on many occasions just for having long hair. It's a problem throughout the country and there doesn't seem to be a solution for it, not until the people doing it grow up.

Honestly though, since high school things haven't been so bad. I still get people shout things in the street every now and then but I don't think I've been attacked in at least a year now which is good; though it could depend on what area you live in.
As people grow up I think they realise that they're just being stupid in hating people because they're different, but for those of you still in high school my advice is to just keep you're head down and stay out of the way. And it may seem like a geeky thing to do to some, but yes you should tell the teachers about incidents and things because they do have the power to punish them, and can even provide some form of protection.

Wow, I talk way too much XD
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 13 2009, 02:11 PM
Show chavs don't grow up even when they are 20+ and continue with childish abuse.
Jan 14 2009, 04:12 AM

Luckly, by that point we can get the police involved. I know that the police aren't always the most reliable people to turn to but they do their best based on the protocols that they have to follow.

They can only really do anything if it resorts to violence and even then they need to catch them which is unlikely if you don't know who they are, but if you keep reporting things then eventually they'll get the message.

I think that the issue is becoming more public now though since the murder of Sophie Lancaster =/
What those guys did to her and her boyfriend was horrible, and they did a good job of letting the public know that this kind of bigotry needs to stop.
We can only hope that people will listen.

Perhaps there's some form of petition we can get to try and get more police in places where it happens most often, such as by rock clubs (Eg, the Rock Cafe in Stourbridge; there was often incidents there).
And we could try and raise awareness in schools that disliking people for being who they are isn't cool, it's wrong. Like when we had people come in and tell us about drugs and sex, we could have someone who talks about predjudice as well?
If we got the message out to kids at an early age, then hopefully our own children wouldn't have to put up with the same things that we do?

Just a thought.

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 15 2009, 04:52 PM
Some great ideas ^

Also I feel another option which some might consider wrong is to toughen up some people so they don't get bullied. I don't mean make them simply punch the bully in the face, but just go to self defence classes for example and be more confident in themseleves. Bullies pick on the vulnerable, which emo's are sort of portrayed as even though a lot obviously aren't.
Jan 16 2009, 08:20 AM

I wouldn't consider that wrong to be honest. I think that as a group who get attacked a lot it's only natural that we should learn to defend outselves. I wish I'd taken self defense classes because usually when they see that you're not as vunerable as you look they back down and don't bother you again.

They're like vultures; they prey on the weak.

But yes, learning self defense not so that you can go around punching people, but so that if someone attacks you, you can at least defend youself (hence the name SELF DEFENSE >__>)

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More