Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I guess it's ok I puked the day away Buried Myself Alive, by The Used

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - XMaybe_Youl_Undrstnd
XMaybe_Youl_Undrstnd
My so called friends dont get it Jan 12 2009, 11:37 AM
I have opinions to but they dont care what I have to say. They tell me to get a new look and shit the nagging teachers and everything is getting on my nerves I cant find anyone else that understands me for me and doesnt want to change me from being emo what should i do?

Replies

Emo Pictures - emo_to_the_end
emo_to_the_end
Jan 13 2009, 12:02 AM
dump them all and go somewhere else where you know people are like you and dont want to change you either that or ask them to pay attention and leave you alone
Jan 13 2009, 09:09 AM

I agree to an extent. I wouldn't just dump them, but try to talk to them about it first. Try to get them to understand that you do have your own opinions and your own style and you want to stay that way, but I certainly wouldn't change for them.
Example, my friends are all metalheads. Heavy metal, Dragonforce, Stone Sour, Slipknot etc etc. And while that music is all well and good I'm not really that into it, I like Industrial music like Nine Inch Nails and I'll even go into Freezepop for a bit of Synth Pop; but they don't ask me to change who I am, they're my friend cos they like me as a person, not because of my interests.

So yeah, just try to get them to understand you and if not then maybe it's time to find new friends?

Shutting up now XD

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 13 2009, 02:00 PM
As mentioned above don't write them completely off at the moment. However try and find other friends who will accept and understand your look/style. Easier said than done I know.
I have friends that aren't into my sort of scene at all but they aren't bothered and we get on fairly well.
Emo Pictures - Coldsoul
Coldsoul
Jan 13 2009, 02:15 PM
Agree with others :D Ive dumped my friends who dont understands me ^____^
victhevamp
Jan 20 2009, 05:11 PM
hmmm i wouldnt dump them at first but it does depend if they respect you or not, most of my friends ARENT alternative and we still get on ok just depends if they start geting nasty to you or not? then its not right

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More