Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

my heart cant break because it was never whole to start with because of you, by kelly clarkson

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

questions about the emoscene in america Aug 17 2009, 06:06 AM
hi, i´m from germany and i want to compare the emoscene of germany with the emoscene of america for a schoolproject. so, i have some questions and i hope you can help me :) 1)How would you describe the emoszene in america? 2)Do you think the real meaning of the scene gets destroyed by the media? 3)Whats the attetude of an emo? 4)Are emos liked or disliked by the people and why?

Replies

Emo Pictures - xalreadydeadx
xalreadydeadx
Aug 31 2009, 04:58 AM
I'm sorry this reply is a bit late. I hope this helps you out some. 1)How would you describe the emoszene in america? The emo scene is thriving in some areas, and pretty much dead in other areas. The emo scene in America started to get really big in 2006-2007, and it went from there. 2)Do you think the real meaning of the scene gets destroyed by the media? Yes, the majority of the time. In 2007, the emo scene got plenty of attention from the media. There were many news reports about the emo scene, most spreading a negative image and stereotyping the emo scene. Take this awful news report as an example that makes me ashamed to be an American. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p95_eF3bD1w&feature=related"> And this other news report which shows anti emo- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6AbIFnJ0f8 3)Whats the attetude of an emo? The stereotypical attitude of an emo is "depressed", "suicidal", "quiet", "dark", "senstive", etc. But in my opinion, every emo is unique in some way. See the Lifestyle and Culture under What Is Emo on soemo for a better description. 4)Are emos liked or disliked by the people and why? There are people that like/support the emo scene and other people that hate the emo scene. People have their own reasons why they like or hate the emo scene. I think people hate the emo scene/emos because of intolerance, stereotypes, or critism or something.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More