Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

When I was a young boy my father took me into the city to see a marching bad. He said son when you grow up will you be the savior of the broken. The beaten and the damned. Welcome to the black parade, by my chemical romance

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Are you Social / Popular? Sep 05 2009, 10:20 AM
A lot of definitions of emo's on the Web make out that they aren't very social or popular. Do you think this is true? Are you?

Replies

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Nov 10 2009, 01:33 PM
^ Hopefully things will get better in the future..
Emo Pictures - ReaperDragon
ReaperDragon
Dec 08 2009, 04:26 AM
......................im anti-social,and im shy,im not gonna lie,i don't like people i don't know,after people keep betraying me,i just said to myself,trust no one,trust only in yourself,because i don't betray myself
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jan 03 2010, 05:00 PM
I'm very social and popular I would say :D College is amazing, I know some FANTASTIC people and I'm pretty popular and loved due to the hair :D It sounds like I'm blowing my own trumphet here, but I'm just stating the facts. If anyone wants to say hi, please do :D
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 04 2010, 01:08 PM
Nothing wrong with a bit of confidence :]
Emo Pictures - TragicxDesolation
TragicxDesolation
Jan 10 2010, 02:54 PM
I think sociability/popularity for emos depends on how hot they are and how good thier looks fit that specific label. I've noticed the most social ones are extremely good looking and have a good attitude. Me, I am unsocial and the complete outcast. Because my body isn't perfect, my attitude, and my looks don't completely fit the stereotype of the ideal emo girl. Sigh
Emo Pictures - xEvilEmox
xEvilEmox
Jan 11 2010, 01:41 AM
I'm not social at all but that has nothing to do with me being emo or not. I've always been indrawn since childhood! Infact, being an emo gave me confidence and self esteem and somehow I became popular without even knowing it!
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 11 2010, 12:47 PM
^Two very intereting replies thanks for sharing your opinions.
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Jan 11 2010, 05:24 PM
^ very interesting indeed, especially xEvilEmox When i was in secondary school (high school) , i was fairly social , and gained a certain level of popularity in my last school year ( was even elected and won Student of The Year at Graduation) even though i was trying to get out of that kind of contest All that just to say... i guess when you find your "thing" it can work to your advantage, sometimes it won't as people accept different things differently. As my "new" style was not accepted by everyone some people even called it "evil". back then i used to have to wear a uniform and i was in cadets so i always had a "uniform look", But now I'm at college and i can open up and be myself and express my style and music taste i find that I'm more comfortable, making me even more social.
Emo Pictures - eleventynine
eleventynine
Jan 12 2010, 04:15 AM
hmm, my popularity just got boosted a notch from recent events XD we were in a breakdancing battle with our "sister" school during our school fair (we won :P) and basically quite a few ppls from other english secondary schools were there to watch, and because emos are rare where i live i sumtimes hear ppls say "o look, its the emo breakdancer!"... haha,or sumthing like thatXD but i guess its wut you do (^or in sum cases, wut you dont do) that changes other ppls opinion. lol, vybz....i remember the days when i had to wear uniform...not pretty XD
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Jan 12 2010, 01:36 PM
loll i liked my uniform xD... it was just a bit........ restricting xD lol but i would admit it is not as "pretty" as the clothes i wear now lol
Emo Pictures - Thomis
Thomis
Jan 16 2010, 05:09 AM
I have a similar experience with evil emo. all through high school i was the quiet kid, every one knew me (smallish school) noone had a thing against me, but i just never had confidence to say anything incase it wasn't cool. i always sort of thought as myself as identifying better with emo's, but cause it wasn't "cool" and we didn't have any in our school i stayed in the "emo closet" lol after i left school i though fuck it i can do what i want now, i got my hair chemically straightened, started wearing my skinnies all the time. the i did a post grad student exchange to canada, i ended up in hick country but i just thought fuck it, i can do what i want now, lets see how this works. so i was pretty much the only kid wearing kinnies to school and i openly identified as emo. literally life changing haha. i expect gays feel the same way coming out of the gay closet lol. but my confidence is 100x higher then it wwas, and i speak up, and get respect for it, people like me beter now for being more confident and it doesn't matter i'm a minority scene kid. hope you enjoyed my novel. yes i am popular. yes it's cause i'm scene:)
LipsOfDeceit
Jan 16 2010, 11:04 PM
I think people "like" me for the wrong reasons x)
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 17 2010, 09:06 AM
What reasons?
emo_princess95
Jan 18 2010, 08:35 AM
Im a mixture I'm very social yet very quiet at times.I only have a few close freinds those that i can trust.Others wise I'm not popular i'll admit that but I'm known
hellokitty_queenXx
Jan 27 2010, 02:41 PM
i am social and quite popular so when people say 'emos aren't popular or social' they have it completely wrong.
Emo Pictures - xalreadydeadx
xalreadydeadx
Feb 06 2010, 12:54 PM
I'm social-ish to a point. I've really withdrawn and quiet when I'm around alot of people, or around alot people I don't know. When I'm not in a good mood, I don't talk to anyone. But when I'm in a good mood or I'm talking to someone who I have things in common with or know real well, you can hardly get me to shut up. xD
Bones
Feb 21 2010, 01:55 AM
i find it hard to be social, people talk about me but not to me im not realy that bothered about it all. i dont no why they dont talk to me is that because of the way i dress the way i look or because i have many disabilities i never no. thats why i love me untill i look in the mirror and see wot they must of been talking about lol.
Emo Pictures - piknix
piknix
Feb 23 2010, 03:53 AM
I can't really be arsed with most ppl' tbh. I just have 2 close friends.
Emo Pictures - xDeadollx
xDeadollx
Mar 01 2010, 05:37 AM
i'm social :)though i'm quite shy but anyway once i get to know someone i become the most talkative and social person ever ^.^
1eyeliner1
Mar 20 2010, 09:17 PM
haha i wish i was social but im like super shy DX so naw im not socail only around my friends .. through me in a room of ppl idk i prob wont make more then 2 friends lol

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More