Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

We all have our horrors and our demons to fight. But how can I win, when I'm paralyzed? They crawl up, wrap their fingers around my throat. Is this what I get for the choices that I've made? Don't Go, by Bring Me The Horizon

Emo Forums » Emo Fashion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
NIke Bought Converse Oct 18 2009, 11:56 AM
I find this article interesting, quote from the article "The footwear of the counter-culture was bought out by one of the meanest, richest, greediest, lowly corporations in the business" "Never, ever, not in a million years, will I buy a Nike product. Never have. Never will. Even if said product is a Converse All Star." <a href="http://www.juicycerebellum.com/converse.htm">

Replies

Emo Pictures - Nick-Aotmzgin
Nick-Aotmzgin
Oct 19 2009, 03:41 AM
i dont think its true dude! check the sources and CNN or BBC or Yahoo news ... because i think its fake... i allways see the leatest news and feeds from the offical news websites ..to allways be sure.
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Oct 19 2009, 02:40 PM
^ will do when I have the time, and i will post it asap I heard this from a friend actually and i think i saw it on Wikipedia ( quickly types in Wikipedia) <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Taylor_All-Stars">
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Oct 19 2009, 03:12 PM
Mmm I read the article and found it interesting, but not sure if it's true. It'd be great if someone can confirm this. It's certainly possible though!
Nick-Aotmzgin
Oct 20 2009, 04:18 AM
Its officaly true: sources and quotes: http://www.juicycerebellum.com/converse.htm wikipedia quote:When Converse was bought by Nike in 2003 and operations were moved from the United States to overseas, the design saw a few alterations. The fabric is no longer 2-ply cotton canvas but 1-ply "textile" and many wearers have noticed different patterns of wear. http://boston.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/2003/07/07/daily31.html Boston business Journal: Nike has inked a deal to buy Converse Inc., for about $305 million plus the assumption of certain liabilities. North Andover-based Converse is a designer, distributor, and marketer of high performance and casual athletic footwear and apparel. Beaverton, Ore.-based Nike had $10.7 billion in revenue in the fiscal year ended May 31. Tom Clarke, Nike's president of new business ventures, says Nike's strategy for growing through non-Nike brands is to identify strong brands with superior management teams where Nike can directly assist in the company's growth. Converse meets that criteria, Clarke says. Its brand equity offers potential to drive even greater revenue and earnings performance. Founded in 1908, Converse has created such legendary shoes as the Chuck Taylor All Star, the Jack Purcell, One Star and other authentic heritage products. Converse sells its products in over 12,000 athletic specialty, sporting goods, specialty, department and national chain stores across the United States and Canada, and through 42 licensees in more than 100 countries. Converse's revenue last year totaled $205 million. Converse CEO Jack Boys says over the past two years the company has rebuilt and reinvigorated the Converse brand to its long-standing position as America's original sports company. "But our job is not done," Boys says. The core business in heritage products, combined with Converse's traditional performance footwear offerings, is a foundation upon which the company plan to build and grow, he says. Boys says Converse's partnership with Nike creates significant opportunity for Converse to build a leading global sports footwear and apparel brand. The deal will enable the company to grow its core business and expand its product offerings into other sports performance and lifestyle categories, he says.
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Oct 21 2009, 11:24 AM
2003? Jeeze that's ages ago.
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Oct 21 2009, 05:10 PM
^ yea lol i was saying the same thing when i read that on wikipedia
Emo Pictures - sullen_gnome
sullen_gnome
Oct 21 2009, 10:16 PM
oh no!! i was totally shocked! is this for real? as in real? i cant believe converse sell its brand to nike.. oh no.. that would be totally freaking shit! :(
Emo Pictures - fallenangel
fallenangel
Oct 22 2009, 01:05 AM
I hate nike there to chavy to bye converses This is why i stick to vans!!
Nick-Aotmzgin
Oct 22 2009, 03:28 AM
Nike bought converse ages ago and i was clueless about it until i readed the articale.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More