Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

A world that spends more to kill than to cure Living, writhing, diseased, so unpure Nation On Fire, by Machinehead

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

LipsOfDeceit
Smoking Oct 24 2009, 11:16 AM
Has become popular with the emo scene, i guess, espacially here where I stay. I don't know about anywhere else? What are your thoughts on smoking? I'm curious. xD

Replies

pelki
Jun 04 2010, 11:45 AM
As someone who never really went to pubs much in the first place, the smoking ban p. much ascertains that I will not go to pubs unless it's summer and it has an appropriate beer garden or so.
PrayForPlagues
Jun 30 2010, 05:30 AM
I'm straight edge :3
Emo Pictures - XxArtsy_Emo_KidxX
XxArtsy_Emo_KidxX
Jun 30 2010, 07:17 AM
i started smoking recently, coz i was seriously stressed out, i find it calming and relaxing, only one or two of my friends know coz they would kill me if they found out, id never go near weed though, its horrible what it does to your brain. Im not addicted to smoking but i dont really wanna give it up, i only have them when im stressed which is only like 3 or 4 every couple of weeks
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 30 2010, 12:49 PM
^You could get addicted. Not everyone does of course though.
Emo Pictures - xnewtx
xnewtx
Jul 31 2010, 04:30 AM
i agree alot of emos and scene kids in my town smoke and do drugs like weed but its is increasingly becoming more popular. personally i smoke but it more to do with stress and other things
LipsOfDeceit
Aug 02 2010, 11:30 AM
I've practically gave up because I don';t have money to buy them. D: I like to trick friends into giving me some for free though. ;D I'm actually addicted. :')
Emo Pictures - xnewtx
xnewtx
Aug 02 2010, 03:49 PM
fair enough i have a job so i can afford them thank god in a way i am addicted to them and in away im not, because when life gets bad i chain smoke so much but when im okay i don't have the need as much. i guess its my stress levels :/
Emo Pictures - Opheliac_x
Opheliac_x
Aug 03 2010, 01:50 AM
I started about a year and a half ago. Not many teens here smoked at that point. I started because I was offered and was going through a really awful time and it helped. Soon after it seemed everyone started. I can't stop because i'm always around it. All of my friends smoke so when I try to stop it makes it damn impossible. We also have something called 'scene kid smoking' here when all the little scene kids act like they're smoking but don't inhale. It annoys the fuck out of me.
LipsOfDeceit
Aug 03 2010, 02:04 PM
Aw man, I went pure mental at some cunt like what 2 years ago or some shit for that. Saying she was a smoker and not even inhaling and pure boasting about the fact that she smoked. Does my nut in that. And It's not even something you can boast about either eh?
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Aug 03 2010, 02:11 PM
^Some people desperately try to fit in and fail. Also I agree with it's hard to stop if your around friends a lot that also smoke.
Emo Pictures - xnewtx
xnewtx
Aug 03 2010, 05:41 PM
it is really hard to tried if your friends smoke i finished school so i tired to quit because at school i hung out with all the smokers but i still seem them now so it didnt work and my levels of stress etc make it imposable
Emo Pictures - XxEmoRangerxX
XxEmoRangerxX
Aug 04 2010, 01:23 PM
I used to... I haven't in over a year now, but I still want one now and then, even though I know the harmful effects.
LipsOfDeceit
Aug 13 2010, 03:46 PM
^ yeah people always go on about the harmfullness and ask why you don't stop but some people don't understand it's an addiction
Aug 13 2010, 08:46 PM
i smoke.. not emo but ima hippie lol smoking makes me happy and it opened my eyes
Emo Pictures - xalreadydeadx
xalreadydeadx
Dec 02 2010, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I smoke. I smoke pot and cigarettes- newports and marlboros. Not the healthiest thing, but oh well.
ninjasrule376
Dec 14 2010, 12:46 PM
well..i started smoking cigs when i was 7..quit for a while..started again..quit for a while..and now i started again..like before it was harder for me to get cigs so i wouldnt do it that often but now its way easier cuz my mom lets my brother smoke and i smoke with him..i am 13 and have asthma and i know it isnt helping and i have tried many times to quit but since i can do it anytime i want now its very hard to quit..also i smoke weed but thats not very much since i dont have any money..and iv never heard it called "cool" before but hanging with kids that do it definately had an impact on me at a younger age even though we learned about how bad it was when i was in 3rd grade (which i was smoking in 3rd grade when i promised my health teacher i would never smoke, oh well stuff happens)..and i wouldnt really know if it is popular in the emo community cuz there really isnt that many emo kids around where i live
Emo Pictures - Myo-kun
Myo-kun
Feb 22 2013, 08:19 AM
I started because I needed something to help me blow off some steam and think, and I just thought 'let's give it a shot, I'll try to keep under control though'. Funny thing is, the first month or two, I actively hid it from my friends, as most of them hate it. Now I still only have 2 or so other smokers among my friends, we're about a year later and I smoke about 2 cigarettes a day. I wouldn't mind quitting, but I'd have to find an alternate 'stress valve' first.
Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
Feb 22 2013, 10:01 AM
I've tried it and just don't like like it or see the point of it tbh... as many previous posts have said people give into peer pressure , some consider it cool ( i personally can not see how) and I've a few mates who do it to relieve stress rather than self harm etc But at the end of the day it's a personal decision weather you smoke or not
Emo Pictures - Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Feb 22 2013, 08:49 PM
i been smoking since i was 12 but i never did it to be cool i did it cuz i was stressed out and it happend to help calm me down. It was a while before i even admitted to smoking to any one. its a life choice i dont see anything wrong with it but people who smoke just to be cool or portray an image shouldnt do it only those who actully injoy it or get somthing helpful out of it should. If i smoked just to be cool i would have never picked it up in the first place cuz im super anti cool and i sure ass hell wouldnt be doing it now seeing that the only person to bare witness is my mom and my cats.
Emo Pictures - DizzyDotRocks
DizzyDotRocks
Feb 23 2013, 03:45 AM
I sometimes smoke when I'm drunk o.O but otherwise no, I don't smoke. I just don't get anything from it, no sense of calm or release or anything like that, so I don't see any point in it.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More