Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I never tried too hard to get you, Ever tried to fall to catch you, You'll never know who I really am, If I ever saw inside I let you, Live a lie and I'll forget you, You'll never know who I really am.. Who I Am, by Avion Roe

Emo Forums » Emo Fashion (Reply)

Ashley_Von_Arsenic
Any good Hair dye brands?? Nov 01 2012, 11:21 AM
i dyed my hair pink using splat about a week ago and it's already fading out. i can't find any bold color dyes that actually stay in >_< i've tried manic panic, color jamz, and splat :P any suggestions???

Replies

Emo Pictures - Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Nov 01 2012, 08:23 PM
well im going to give u my basic run through of the kinds i have tryed. I never bleach my hair when i used these dyes and it was brown when i died it all the times. -color fiend, i HIGHLY recomend! it was super bright and lasted about 2 months even during the summer ware and tear of swiming and sun. it was really bright for the first month and a half and i loved it. The only problem is i can barly find any ware that sells it anymore. -manic panic, HATED IT!!! it wouldnt even show up in my hair at all! i heard it works pritty well on bleached hair but doesnt last that long. -punky color, i recomend, it was super bright, cheap, and smelled delish! i was really surprized how bright is was and it stayed super bright for the first 2-3 weeks. after that it started to fade pritty good but when it does it still tintes your hair for a long time and looks good i have had mine in for about 2 mounths and it is still lightly tinted. the only problem i had was that my shampoo and conditioner striped a lot of the color out even the kind for dyed hair so i had to wash it with just water a lot. but the color is great and it is perfict if your looking for something that wont last super long. -i havent tryed splat but i hear it works really well and last super long. the only complaint i hear is it last too long -i havent tryed raw but i hear it is pritty well the same as manic panic but is a little stronger and last longer ***i havent tryed special effects but i hear it is the BEST dye hands down. they have a TON of colors and a bunch that glow under a black light. it comes out super bright and last a long time and remains bright. i have heard a ton of great things about them and i dont think i have ever herd a negitve reveiw so in a nut shell i recomend punky color, and i Highly recomond color fiend and specail effects I hope this helps! :D
Ashley_Von_Arsenic
Nov 02 2012, 09:07 AM
wow thanks :D
Emo Pictures - Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Nov 02 2012, 08:21 PM
no prob lol :P
xXEmotionalPunkXx
Nov 04 2012, 07:00 AM
Clairol Natural Instincts. Preferably semi-permanent because it doesn't dry out your hair and it lasts a LOT longer than any other semi. It's full of natural ingredients that nourish the hair, and once it washes out your natural colour comes back just as healthy as it was before. I would highly recommend it, and it's quite cheap. Good luck :)
Slatelove
Nov 05 2012, 08:08 AM
Nice n Easy worked best for my hair if you wanted to go natural, but for a perm color in a home kit you should go with Feria,they have cool colors, But of course you can also try Kool aid:)
Emo Pictures - unicornspooskittles1
unicornspooskittles1
Nov 05 2012, 01:55 PM
DONT EVER USE MANIC PANIC AGAIN. IT FUCKED MY HAIR UP. RAW is good though. it lasts 2-3 weeks. ^^
Ashley_Von_Arsenic
Nov 06 2012, 11:18 AM
thanks guys :D
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Nov 06 2012, 02:14 PM
unicornspooskittles1 how did it actually mess up your hair?
LiesjaaAnna
Nov 23 2012, 12:55 PM
I always use Directions.
Emo Pictures - MidoKilmy
MidoKilmy
Dec 01 2012, 09:17 AM
I recommend colourful tissue-pappres used on bleached hair. It's very cheap so u can change colours whenever you want (but be careful cause colours that are not washed out can mix..). And still it can stay for some time and look good. here u have examples of me afterusing it: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=290181124421121&set=pb.176877735751461.-2207520000.1354382131&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash4%2F398370_290181124421121_151173179_n.jpg&size=348%2C348 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=278935062212394&set=pb.176877735751461.-2207520000.1354382138&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-snc6%2F603206_278935062212394_364156697_n.jpg&size=424%2C445
Emo Pictures - SinnerSuicide
SinnerSuicide
Dec 16 2012, 10:35 AM
On that note Xolivia-von-sodomyX where do you manage to find color fiend? I've always used Schwarzkopf live colour xxl... But generally go for their Luminance editions, sadly not many colours to choose from, so now I've started bleaching to get the brighter colour from a duller color of theirs
Emo Pictures - Deathbyheart
Deathbyheart
Jan 09 2013, 03:20 PM
i've used splat manic panic and punky color(BEST)
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Nov 04 2021, 10:39 AM

I still recommend Manic Panic or Schwarzkopf live colour xxl

Emo Pictures - X_LoserKidd_X
X_LoserKidd_X
Nov 04 2021, 06:54 PM

Directions us really good 

Emo Pictures - rabbitxhearted
rabbitxhearted
Nov 04 2021, 08:30 PM

my favorite brands are punky color, manic panic, and good dye young (from cheapest to expensive).

eh, in a pinch: loriel, brite instant color, overtone (tried some of my friends a few time... way too overpriced for what it is imo)

my least favorite brands are splat (had a very bad allergic reaction) and arctic fox (comes out really fast and i heard some shady shit about the owner)

my partner has really liked lunar tides, but i havent tried and he likes changing his hair color a /lot/ so how long it lasts isn't really a factor to him i think.

you can also go to a salon for more permanent dye, but i've never needed to. i generally bleach my hair twice a year and dye every two-three months. i've had the same color pm for the last 12 years and don't really mind just dying over my roots until they got really bad.

this has a lot to do with how you maintain your hair too, not just the dye.

i don't wash my hair every day and try to shampoo only once a week. shampoo will leach the color right away. this was easy for me cause my hair is pretty dry anyway. if you have greasier hair and need shampoo consistently, i'd talk to a cosmetologist about what won't strip the color too much. i've used a couple "color safe" shampoos and they don't seem to do anything for me. when i do wash my hair, i wash it separately to the rest of me (i have a shower cap) and use coldcold water. hot will make it come out a lot faster. if you can't stand it, just try room temperature water.

you can also add a little dye to your conditioner to maintain the color for longer. i've done this in the past and it does work well, but i'd rather just redo the color every once in a while. i also usually dye my hair darker than the color i actually want. my "perfect" shade is a bright tealcyan sort of thing. but i usually dye it a darker blue and after a few shampoos it gets closer to the color i want. usually i let it go from a dark blue to teal to sea foam and then i redye. that being said, highly saturated or darker colors are much easier to maintain.

also the lighter your hair is at the start of the process the brighter it will be. my hairs pretty dark so i usually don't get it to blondblond, but since the shade i want is pretty saturated it turns out fine. if you have darker hair i highly recommend going to a salon, even if it just bleaching. i've done it for years so i'm living with it, but it's probably fucked up my growth and texture a bit. this is a big part of why i try to bleach rarely and only parts that haven't been bleached before. if you want a new color instead i highly recommend just shampooing the hello out of your hair (or get oops!) over rebleaching it. make sure you have a deep conditioner for after you bleach. for bleach i use rawz or the bleach packets you get at beauty stores a developer 40 (which i don't recommend anyone using.... i'd stay 30 in under if you aren't a hairstylist/beginner). i like the rawz toning conditioner a lot too. it always makes my hair feel 10x better after getting deep fried.

Emo Pictures - X_LoserKidd_X
X_LoserKidd_X
Nov 23 2021, 09:35 PM

A good starter point is crazy colour, add some to your shampoo to top up every time you wash your hair. 

Then once built up colour find a similar shade in manic panic or directions. Really pops then :) 

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More