Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I don't practice Santeria I ain't got no crystal ball I had a million dollars but I'd, I'd spend it all I could find that Heina and that Sancho that she's found I'd pop a cap in Sancho and I'd slap her down santaria, by Sublime

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Do Your Parents Like That You Are Emo? Feb 26 2013, 02:22 PM
Mine aren't bothered...

Replies

Emo Pictures - thelastchapter
thelastchapter
May 30 2013, 10:18 AM
Mine arent fussed
Emo Pictures - -_-x
-_-x
May 30 2013, 02:51 PM
It's been 7 years and at first they tried everything in their power to not let me be this way, but now they are use to it and don't bicker about it. But still to this day, they would question on certain things I wear. Overall, they've learned to accept it.
-DarkFeelings-
Jul 08 2013, 10:05 PM
As far as I know, I have some aspects to be Emo. But I don't label myself, and I guess I might be, just a little. And my parents are "open-minded", so they let me wear band merch. or they let me wear black, they said that if I ever discover my real sexuality they would be OK with it. They let me express myself as long as I'm happy. They let me have "long" hair and listen to "dark" music. But in the case of my other family, they just hate how I dress and what I listen to, they tell me to follow "the happy/mainstream kids." But I'm going to be myself, always, no one can change me.
Emo Pictures - -FiFi-
-FiFi-
Jul 09 2013, 03:36 AM
nope.. even though i am not emo or scene or whatever now and my mum does refer how i dress and whatnot now.. she never really was that bothered by it.. i mean yes there was times where she'd think my clothing is a little weird or i've got too much make-up on but oh well :)
Emo Pictures - xxaskingrosesixx
xxaskingrosesixx
Jul 23 2013, 02:44 PM
To be honest my mom doesn't now mee as emo or scenes nothing like that she doesn't know the labels.my dad is dead and my step dad doesn't care what i do.so i wouldn't say they like it i just say they accept it.my aunt in the other hand is a different story.
Emo Pictures - MidoKilmy
MidoKilmy
Jul 26 2013, 09:44 AM
It's ok with my mom. She's awesome and always supports me. But my dad has problems accepting the way i am.. And it makes me sad sometimes.. When he makes offensive comments on my appearance or pretends that he doesn't know me on the street..
Emo Pictures - Anarchy_Rulz
Anarchy_Rulz
Jul 23 2017, 07:03 AM
Well my dad was goth and still has a rock thing going on in how he dresses so he's fine and my mom well she is sorta ok with it but not really. My dad is the one that got me into rock and metal i can remember on the ride home from kindergarden and listening to portrait of an American family and 3 days grace however my mom sorta hates the genres she is a country fan.
anxiouskittn
Jul 23 2017, 09:25 AM
my parents are really accepting of it! both my mom and my dad are willing to buy me band merch & alt. style clothing, and my dad likes some of my music so yea :3 and they both like my mega emo bf lel <3
cupidstunt
Aug 11 2017, 09:07 PM
Haven't got a dad, but mom is rather judging thinking my hairstyle(especially the fringe) looks rediculous and thinks my skinny jeans are too tight,lol. Also she says "ain't I too old to dress like a teenager,like wtf". Not everyone my age wears dresses smart or wears dad jeans,for fuck sake. Oh and if I came round her's with any piercing, tattoo or ear stretching I probably would get slapped. As she's extremely against such. Mom thinks she owns me, but she doesn't.
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Aug 14 2017, 09:20 PM
^"Also she says "ain't I too old to dress like a teenager,like wtf". - I know that feeling :D
XxSey_oxX
Aug 21 2017, 12:06 AM
Nope. Never been allowed to look too emo because of 'em.
Emo Pictures - eleventynine
eleventynine
Sep 05 2017, 05:28 AM
Only thing my mum doesn't like is my long hair.
NovaEmbers
Oct 04 2017, 02:10 PM
I’m not sure if they know.... in their eyes, I still love unicorns and pink.
Emo Pictures - DarkChild22
DarkChild22
Oct 04 2017, 05:29 PM
Eh, mom is okay with it and doesn't really care but i could care less if they like my style or not, i just can't the hairstyle yet but 18th birthday coming and mom promised it and dad just agreed
Freddiethegod
Oct 08 2017, 12:00 AM
theremore botherd about the smoking drinking failing in school and issues with police lol and how i was goth for years and how my creative outllet playing music and guitar keeps me away from other stuff so in short noo
Emo Pictures - RebelAngst
RebelAngst
Oct 27 2017, 09:17 AM
Mine are better at accepting it than most parents, although they do poke fun at it a lot
LittleWitch
Feb 24 2018, 08:57 PM
I believe my parents are ultimately okay with how I choose to dress myself. Mostly because my dad was alternative when he was in high school, and my mom is a counselor so she generally just accepts me. Haha. Though I get a little teasing from one of my aunts every now and then.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More