Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

You know I've never held a gun in my life, but now I carry one in case in see you tonight. Besitos, by Pierce The Veil

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

TacoManUltra
Help please.. Panic attack Dec 12 2014, 11:38 PM
Laying in bed worrying that everything isn't going to be alright... Can't breathe..

Replies

Emo Pictures - Xeno
Xeno
Dec 13 2014, 05:11 AM
It all really depends on the problem but for the sake of it, Sit up straight or stand up, you will be able to breathe easier. Take a nice warm shower for around 5-10 minutes Play a game or do some work. You should feel good enough to take a nap at this point so please do
Emo Pictures - Crankor
Crankor
Dec 16 2014, 06:02 PM
Not that this will help, but it's not about if everything will be alright but how you continue to move on. Making the best of any situation. That greatly determines the level of your sanity. No point in worrying about something that COULD happen and ignore whats happening now. Just wasting your brain on nonsense. To some degree to if you convince yourself something is wrong then it will be. The opposite applies as well
Emo Pictures - EyeWings
EyeWings
Dec 17 2014, 03:35 PM
Hello Tacomanultra. Very sorry to hear you've been experiencing panic attacks. These attacks can happen for a variety of reasons, most of which stem from an extreme stresss of some sort. This can sometimes be an aftermath of a situation you have experienced that was negative, or indeed in anticipation of something you are feeling particularly anxious about, perhaps a difficult social situation or an exam for example. For the immediate problem, I would suggest taking deep breaths to try and bring your heart rate down as this "racing" feeling can be whats causing you to feel overwhelmed and constricting your breathing. Trying to remain calm and put things into perspective can help too, thhings really can look better in the morning even if it doesnt feel like it at the time! If you can find someone you can disccuss the problem with, I appreciate this may be difficult at night in bed, but at other times a problem shared can help ease some of the tension. Longer term, it may be useful to visit the doctor just to make sure there is no medical reason you are feeling breathless. If they do deem that this problem is stress related they may check things like your blood pressure and perscribe you something to help bring your heart rate down thus reducing the chance of panic attacks. They may however deem no pills are needed at all, and will instead ask you to focus more on your lifestyle. They may advise you to take it easy at work/study, take regular breaks, get good sleep and avoid stressful situations for a while until you feel better able to cope. I hope that this helps explain why you feel like you do and how you can combat these feelings. If there is anything you would like to discuss more in depth please feel free to message. :)
XDeathXisXbeautifulX
Dec 18 2014, 03:48 PM
sorry to hear this man if you ever have a panic attack message me if I'm on I have them i'll do my best to help

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More