Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Dont cry to me, if you loved me. You would be here with me. You want me, come find me. Make up your mind! Call Me When You're Sober, by Evanescence

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

MyPreciousRose
Advice Oct 13 2015, 01:51 PM
I am dating a really hot emo/punk/scene/rock guy and he really loves all that is included with it. As you can see in my profile, I am just plan. I have dyed my bangs black in order to fit in with him. However, I still feel like I wanna keep changing my look. I want to be his perfect girl and though he says I am, I don't feel like I am. I want to change my look and be his punk girl...... but how do I do this? Do I dye my whole head? Cut it in a specific way? Change my clothes to skinny jeans and tight shirts? I don't know what to do, but I do want to change to be his perfect girl. I wanna surprise him good.

Replies

Emo Pictures - kelsinkaaa
kelsinkaaa
Oct 13 2015, 06:15 PM
Heyyy, So first off - think about it. Do you really want to change? Really really? 100% sure? I mean, being punk is awesome, but only if it fits you/ if it you like wearing punk shiz. My personal advice : don't change your appearance for someone. Just be yourself, you are awesome enough ^^ If you're really really want to go "punk" then here's my advice: *Google is your bff - just look up some pictures and let yourself be inspired by them *I personally use Youtube to search for hair tutorials and such, just try to find a haircut you like *You can dye your whole head, but your hair will probably cry. Maybe you can try just dying parts of your fringe and/or random bits of hair. It looks fun and your hair will get less damaged this way. *Skinny jeans are, well, the only acceptable jeans. Black is preferable if you like the more "goth/emo" style, but you can also try crazy colours like pink or purple if you like. Striped, ripped, maybe even with patches sewn onto them - just let your creative side take control (if you lack inspiration - ask your bff) *The haircut - punk doesn't really have a specific haircut as far as I know. They usually involve crazy colours (neon, pastel, whatever floats your boat) and a partially shaved scalp. So summed up - being punk doesn't really have any rules. Just try out new things and be creative and don't be afraid to stand out. Try to find advice online, take inspiration from pics and most important of all: HAVE FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Good luck! (ps - English isn't my native language, so sorry for any mistakes I made :3 )
XxxEmoRazorxxX
Oct 14 2015, 05:48 PM
I think he like you just the way you are now. If he wanted to date an alternative (punk, goth, emo, etc)then he would. If you want reassurance then you can maybe ask him things like "Would it look cool if I dyed my hair black?" or "Do you think I would look better in skinny jeans?" Things like that. I'm sure he thinks you're beautiful exactly as you are. :)
MyPreciousRose
Oct 14 2015, 07:25 PM
Thank you for saying that, however I have asked him and all he says is "You're beautiful the way you are, but if you wanna change do it for you." I never wanna do for me. Whenever I do, it never ends right. I prefer doing for others. Makes me feel better and i like trying out new things anyways so it works for me. again thank you XxxEmoRazorxxX :)
Emo Pictures - Crankor
Crankor
Oct 16 2015, 03:29 AM
If you keep feeling compelled to change then your in the wrong relationship. If you want to try new things thats cool but should never be any reason to feel like you have to for someone.
MyPreciousRose
Oct 16 2015, 03:27 PM
I'm not changing for him though. Well in a way I am but not exactly. I am the type of girl who changes herself to fit in. I've always been like that. But it's more the fear that if I do change my appearance, will he still love me? You know?

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More