Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

were all composing our funeral songs, note by note Reptar, King of The Ozone, by The Devil Wears Prada

Emo Forums » Love And Relationships (Reply)

Emo Pictures - PrettyAsPuke
PrettyAsPuke
Am I the only one that avoids relationships? Jan 06 2018, 04:38 PM
It’s not that I’m against them, I just feel I don’t have a need for one. Sometimes it seems like everyone else searches these things out, but they very rarely interest me. Don’t get me wrong, I’m able to find someone attractive, but just don’t see a point of attaching myself to them in that way.

Replies

Lord_Of_Woe
Jan 06 2018, 05:52 PM
Same
PrettyAsPuke
Jan 06 2018, 06:44 PM
Good, I’m not the only one.
Fenn
Jan 06 2018, 10:34 PM
Nope, It's the same for me too. Of course I find some people attractiv ( I'd be worried if I didn't, 'cuz last time I checked I wasn't a robot) but mostly I think I'm more sexually attracted to them. Not like the " Oh hey, I like that girl. I want to be together with her for the rest of my life!" kinda way.
PrettyAsPuke
Jan 07 2018, 04:14 AM
Attraction, for me, is often ruined by a shitty personality. If you can’t keep up with me in a conversation, not interested. Easily offended, not interested. Overly positive and annoying, not interested. Can’t spell, or use somewhat decent grammar, not interested. There are too many to list. I’m likely entirely too harsh with these standards, but I’m definitely not the type of person to settle for less than what I absolutely want for the sake of getting attention. Sure, attention can be nice, but only when it comes from a wanted source. I don’t even know where I’m going with this. Now I’m just thinking out loud.
Azraelx
Jan 07 2018, 04:27 AM
Nope, tried love twice, messed it up both times. Guess I'm just too fucked up lol. Now I just try and avoid getting feelings for anyone :3
Fenn
Jan 07 2018, 11:03 AM
It's yours to decide if those standarts are to harsh or not. Maybe you'll meet someone who's meeting all the requirements someday and then you can see if they're to high or maybe even still to low. Whatever, it's not a bad thing if you want to keep 'em. It's all a part of being able to be happy with someone. I've seen so many people already who were satisfied at first whith someone who met maybe 2 or 3 of the set standarts but would regret it afterwards because said person wouldn't turn out as hoped. Also, I agree with you on the personality thing. Having a shitty personality is not the best way of getting the attention one might want to have. For example, when I look at someone and find her attractive, let's say it's someone I know and may see her on a daily basis from now on, then I try to figure out what kind of person she is. How does she behave around other people, how does she talk etc. So yeah, having some high or harsh standarts ain't that bad of a thing.
PrettyAsPuke
Jan 07 2018, 03:16 PM
It works out pretty decently for me, because I’m so far from codependent it’s ridiculous. I enjoy my solitude and actually detest attention from unwanted places. If I want someone’s attention, I’m very up front about it. I’ve had a couple relationships and they were awful in the end. Complete waste of my time, aside from the obvious learning experience that’s taught me what I definitely don’t want. Flirting is one thing, and likely natural when two people click, but nowadays it’s mindless and constant from some people, regardless of who the target might be. It’s fucking offputting. Desperation, that is.
Fenn
Jan 07 2018, 04:49 PM
To be honest I don't understand why there are people who desperately seek attention from any kind of person, even those who they clearly dislike. Standing constantly in the spotlight's not that great. The desperate need of achieving it through various ways truly is detestable. But sometimes I can't help myself but to snicker when I see some of my buds flirting with someone. It's fun to see what their desperation makes them do, how they are forcing themselves to get the first best person into a realtionship with them and fight like that against the loneliness. The longer they've been alone, the more desperate they get. Maybe some people just need to be alone for a longer period of time to understand that it is possible to be happy even without being in a relationship. It works for us to, so why shouldn't it for them to?
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 08 2018, 08:09 AM
When I was a bit younger I totally agree, but now I have changed my mind and in a long term relationship.
PrettyAsPuke
Jan 08 2018, 11:01 AM
Which I’m sure came down to that person being the right one for you. I’m not closed to one, but definitely wouldn’t commit myself to someone that didn’t fit the criteria for what I was looking for. I like the idea of one if and when someone right for me comes along, but I sure as hell wouldn’t waste my time with someone I knew wouldn’t work out in the end. Some people nowadays seem to only be able to function when dating someone, even if it’s someone they just met, or isn’t right for them.
metalX
Jan 11 2018, 08:45 PM
Im sure that u cannot choose if u can always avoid falling in love or not. It goes step by step n maybe suddenly u will feel more connected with a guy. Maybe this will not happen 2 u. Sometimes it is not an option if u fall on love or not. My opinion is that i dont care if i fall in love or not.
Emo Pictures - Tendo
Tendo
Jan 23 2018, 02:15 AM
Forqive me Prettyaspuke... But you're confused
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 23 2018, 08:35 PM
"Some people nowadays seem to only be able to function when dating someone, even if it’s someone they just met, or isn’t right for them." - I agree with you on that!
Emo Pictures - Anonymous_Editor
Anonymous_Editor
Feb 27 2018, 10:42 PM
I can't disagree with this, maybe I can relate to this In a way because in my case, I am scared to be betrayed or be heartbroken again.Some people decide to share their life with a loved one, to have the memories, other don't. I respect your opinion PrettyAsPuke.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More