Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Faint white figures paint my sleep please don't tell my secrets keep them hidden (you got it, you got it, you got it) Blood Red Summer, by Coheed and Cambria

Emo Forums » Emo Poetry (Reply)

Emo Pictures - scooterdoofus
scooterdoofus
ashes to ashtray Oct 17 2021, 01:33 PM

like the final drag of a cigarette, flicking the remainder of the butt onto the bitumen; crushing the light of my life under the heel of my boot to finally snuff out this disastrous relationship. the lingering taste of tar and ash settling into place, cleansing my palette. almost as if to save me from the after-taste of my hatred and disgust towards you rising up like bile.

the evening is cold, but nothing is colder than what's been left hollow by the end of you and i.

one.
whole.
year.

twelve months of nothing. no contact. no aspirations. no love between lovers. i've been living a lie this whole time, and the cold, hard reality of it is far worse than even the coldest winter night.

the smoke in my lungs searing, sweetening the stinging of my throat as i choke back the insults and the anger. the fire in my heart ignited into a blaze of emotions more volatile than the sun; ready to burn these bridges and leave you stranded on the other side. the ashes of the aftermath settle like grey sleet blanketing the world in one final moment of calm. it's clear you're only continuing to fuel a fire by mistaking petrol for water; quenching its growing, monstrous hunger. what follows is a righteous flame; so burn your heart. in the fiery pits of hell, my dearly detested.

but even now, in the cold quiet of the night, people keep telling me it's bad for my health. "a cigarette takes five minutes off your life," i'm warned by the curious onlookers, who are wanting the best for me as i light another.

but five fewer minutes is worth it; if it means you're hurting more than i am in the end.

Replies

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Oct 19 2021, 09:46 AM

Really liked this

Emo Pictures - _sweepy_dog_
_sweepy_dog_
Nov 21 2021, 05:07 AM

This is amazing ˙˚ʚ₍ ᐢ. .ᐢ ₎ɞ˚

Sep 12 2022, 11:30 AM

Awesome site i love it keep posting more!  https://bathroomremodelspartanburgsc.com

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More