Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

On the tip of my tongue, i wish there were a gun. This life has no windows, who out there can see me? Valiums the answer but prozac hits harder, for endless sleep i lie in wait. Playing Prozac, by Tom Russell

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Tumblr to ban self-harm and eating disorder blogs Mar 26 2012, 03:20 PM
I'm sure some of you have heard about this already, but I thought I'd post it here as it seems quite relevant. I say this because we cannot escape the fact that self-harm has clearly become associated with the emo scene even though it's just a small minority that do it. Anyway what do you think about Tumblr's decision to ban self-harm and eating disorder blogs?? There are quite a few news articles on it if you want to read more into it such as on the BBC Website. As the articles all state Tumblr only plan to ban blogs that encourage self-harm, anorexia an bulimia, but how reliable and fair will this actually be on a free site with millions of users? As the creator of www.soEmo.co.uk I have seen my fair share of content on this site relating to self-harm in the last few years, but pretty much all of it is clearly just friendly advice. As per our Terms and Conditions any content promoting/encouraging self-harm will be removed as soon as it is spotted or reported. We have been fairly lucky that the growing community is so friendly here, but the site is moderated and some content has been removed as well as members banned in the past. If you have any issues with inappropriate content on this site please email info@soemo.co.uk or let one of the moderators know. Cutting and other self-injury behaviours are serious - not "emo" and those doing this should seek help. There are dedicated websites where you can ask expert advisors across a range of topics including self-harm such as: www.selfharm.co.uk www.mind.org.uk/help/diagnoses_and_conditions/self-harm www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm

Replies

Emo Pictures - hugs
hugs
Apr 01 2012, 05:40 AM
I wasn't looking for a pro ana tumblr page, but a few months ago I just came across one and some of the things on it I started to belive, they're quite dangerous tbh,so I kinda understand why they wanna ban them :3
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Apr 01 2012, 06:33 AM
Yea the site is so image based some things can really 'hit' you!
Emo Pictures - xXMessedUpXx
xXMessedUpXx
Apr 13 2012, 12:49 PM
Part of me can see why they've done it. I admit when i've been down i have looked at SH pictures and pro-ana sites with the intent on triggering myself, so maybe if it's harder to find then it might mean some people don't see it BUT a)if you're determined enough you will find triggering stuff despite of the ban, and b)i do feel it kind of restricts people being honest about how they feel about SH, it's like they are brushing it under the carpet and making it a taboo subject again. So i'm unsure..

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More