Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

This is my word Heartbreaker, gatekeeper I’m feeling far away, I’m feeling right there Smoke And Mirrors, by Imagine Dragons

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

shepardosdemon
Help with cutting Jun 06 2008, 09:31 AM
Hey i know this might be a topic close and personal with alot of people but i need help. i used to cut a while ago and i hurt alot of people when i told them and i dont want to do it again. Now i havnt cut for quite a while. But while im not cutting im just getting really stressed and because i dont want to cut it just bbuilds up. Does anyone know any good substitutes for cutting. because ive been on websites and they just come up with draw on your arm or talk to someone about it, and althothey help it just seems to put it off till the next time i get stressed and it feels worse. im just stuck at the moment because the only way i can releave it fully feels like to cut or take a chunk of flesh out of me :S i hope it can help others aswell Okay well I havnt cut for a while, I did a while ago and hurt loads of people but I havnt done it since. I dont think i need any more help but ill leave the topic open for other people.

Replies

Jun 11 2008, 09:39 AM
its people reading this aswell..its not personally aimed at matt,i did say that,but people who want to prove a point selective read so you wouldnt of noticed anything but what backs up your view point right . its not emo's against the world you know. most cutters are attention seekers,fact. not opinion. so most people on soEMO who cut..
SomeMorbidKid
Jun 11 2008, 09:56 AM
"fact"? well, whether seeking attention or not, cutting is still a serious problem
Jun 11 2008, 10:00 AM
Yep I Agree, if your cutting for attention then you will still need help the same as a person would who wasnt cutting for attention.
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 11 2008, 11:28 AM
Topics such as these are for advice. If I get the impression it promotes self-harm it'll be deleted as per the T&Cs.
shepardosdemon
Jun 11 2008, 12:30 PM
No Dont delete this because its no premoting self harm at all. im not saying look at me im cutting for attension, im saying can you help me constructively stop, and I hoped this topic wouldnt only help me but other people aswell that might have the same or similar problem. and heres a fact for you since i got help in this thread i havnt cut. and thats a fact not an opinion. hehe yea its ok i dont mind it tantra :P stops the confusion more.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 11 2008, 01:22 PM
Baby Matt; I don't think Elder Matt meant he's going to delete this particular topic, I think he's referring that if it did promote self harm or something, then he would delete it. But I think you're safe though. I was quite happy when I saw this topic though, showed not everyone who cuts is an attention-seeker. I have to dis-agree though with the girl above who said they need as much help as the people who don't cut for attention. That's not entirely true, proper genuine people actually become addicted to it I think and it's their only true form of solace. Attention-Seekers need to grow up and stop giving a bad name to those who have an actual problem. Thank you :D
shepardosdemon
Jun 11 2008, 01:50 PM
Yea your right, im sorry Elder Matt :P ( doesnt work if i call him that does it :S ) I read it wrong, but the point still stands. Well im glad i kinda made you happy. Well i agree with her to the extent that they do need help but not everyone wants that, I didnt want help until i saw how much it hurt the only people i love and care about. But i think that if they want help then they should get it because its hard on ur own :( but i will agree with you tantra on the part about attention seekers need to grow up because it gives ever emo a bad name and yea actual people with problems lol like there attention seekers. :D
Jun 12 2008, 08:55 AM
tbh with you,i never get angry,because i dont let myself get like that :\ so i like never do anything like cut or break keyboards lol :D maybe if everyone else had the same self control. its just kkindoff sad how self centered people are,emos in particular! yeah its a`fact,i know people who work in mental health and i didnt really want this to get personal but my dad works particually with people who self harm,so i think i have more insight into both sides of things,seeing as alot of my friends are into the emo and LOL,people call me emo like its my name or something . because of the way i look. and yeah,this subject gets to me alot,iv seen alot of disturbing things,and even more upsettingly,through friends. debating this isnt helping the attention seekers,it just gives them more attention.they will get bored eventually if people just stopped acting like self harm was this major thing :| its a phase
Jun 12 2008, 10:22 AM
Lol i get you when people call u "emo" like its your name. I Get that alot alot or when people ask me if im emo. I Have this "friend" and she asked me if i was emo and i ignored her, she went on to say that emos are weird and worship the devil or something.. This makes me very angry. Most people arnt aware what emo is..They have their beliefs but most of them are clearly wrong, Which again is very annoying.. One day i was sitting on the bus and my friend was sitting next to me, this girl called Jade was sitting at the bak of the bus and she totally ignored me and said hi to my friend sitting beside me.. I ignored her back and i started talking to my other friends and suddenly Jade called my friend and whispered something to her and she immediatly moved away from me.. I Had no idea why but it made me feel very bad. Then one of my other friends came and sat next to me giving me a sweet smile.. i asked her why the girl moved and she said she didnt kno .. Then about 1 minute after i asked she said "You could see your arm" And i didnt realise everyone could see the scratches on my arm :S I Felt like dying.. I Didnt look bak at the gurl because i knew she would give me a dirty look so i tryed to forget it ever happened.. But this now shows me how people act towards "self-harmers" I Think its absolute nonsense! People that are self harmers need help or even if there seeking attention try to convince them its the wrong way to go... Doing wat that gurl did (moving away from me) Just made me feel 110 times worse about life... :( So if u ever see scratches on someones arm dont move away or get "freaked out" Just Help.
hawthornemidnight
Jun 12 2008, 11:26 AM
Writing love on your arm sound like it would work but what your doing to yourself is dangerous. i have had a friend end up in the hospitail over this and i went down there and made sure he knew exactly what i think of him doing that to himself. now i don't know if you have a friend that would do that for you but my advise would be find someone. Find just one perosn tell them what you are doing and ask for their help. tell them to be nosing and mean and always in your face. if you've got someone telling you constintly telling you that this is dangerous and i am going to do my best to make sure you stop than there is a possibility you will.
Jun 17 2008, 02:41 PM
Cutting has got to be the most pathetic distraction yet! Honestly man. Cutting is never worth it, or hurting yourself. There are plenty of other roots to take to run away from the pain you don't want to deal with. Sometimes it's even over the most ridiculous thing, like even being called emo. Starting to cut was a choice of yours, intentional. So quitting is also a choice. I should think you'd re-evaluate your reasoning. Like someone before said, going to a run, screaming into a pillow, talking to someone about your problems. If you still feel like cutting, get professional help. You'd need it. Pain does not take away your problems, it's worthless.
Jun 19 2008, 11:39 AM
I Agree it is worthless... When i feel like doing it i just imagine how hidious it looks, since my skin is darker is shows alot in black marks.. :S Wow.. Trust me once u see the results i would think people would neva do it agen
Jun 19 2008, 11:39 AM
I Agree it is worthless... When i feel like doing it i just imagine how hidious it looks, since my skin is darker is shows alot in black marks.. :S Wow.. Trust me once u see the results i would think people would neva do it agen
Emo Pictures - xSUICIDEBLOODx
xSUICIDEBLOODx
Jul 08 2008, 10:55 AM
i can't really help anybody.. because i do it myself occasionally but i try not to do it because i already got scars from it..
Aug 03 2008, 08:28 AM
Drop and do a 100 pushups. It helped me when I was depressed. Why? I dont know. It just does something (similar effect to when adrenalin kicks in.) that had a positive effect on me. I suggest 100 cus that should take you long enough to do for you to calm down a bit. If you reach 100 without it helping, do 200. :)
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Aug 03 2008, 12:49 PM
I mentioned exercising to help before and recently found this for more information: "Exercising causes the body to produce endorphins, chemicals that can help a person to feel more peaceful and happy. Exercise can help some people sleep better. It can also help some people who have mild depression and low self-esteem. Plus, exercise can give people a real sense of accomplishment and pride at having achieved a certain goal". - http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_body/take_care/exercise_wise.html
Emo Pictures - xSUICIDEBLOODx
xSUICIDEBLOODx
Aug 14 2008, 06:53 AM
I always regret when i always cut myself but i never as lucky as i am get any scars
rifleman005
Aug 19 2008, 06:31 AM
I do walks when i am sad...yes its very nice :)
Emo Pictures - MrRazorblade
MrRazorblade
Aug 30 2008, 10:02 AM
I used to be a "cut addict" too... Now I'm a game addict... xD I started playing games to get my mind of my real life.
shepardosdemon
Aug 30 2008, 10:14 AM
Yea deffinatly I play games all the time but it helped but I would rather cut then bother to turn on the console :( which wasnt good. I think for me one of the most important things was support when you have people helping you you dont want to let them down. so thank you everyone, and if anyone is cuttting I would advise that they talk to people about it.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More