Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

You hide yourself behind broken mirrors from the past, I know it hurts, when the pain is diverse, and all your hope is fading. Seek the truth inside your soul. Open your eyes and you will see! Before I Fade Away, by YOHIO

Emo Forums » Emo Music (Reply)

victhevamp
Favourite gigs Oct 03 2008, 10:41 AM
talk about your fav gigs here, post pictures and videos, set lists, where you saw them, which songs they played the best etc etc...

Replies

Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Oct 06 2008, 12:20 PM
Where do I start? xD Headliners. Well my first concert was My Chemical Romance (Brighton Dome - 23/3/07) I was rather young yes, so I actually can't remember all that well really. I did see them again however, in London (The 02 - 15/11/07). Was rather disappointing yeah, only three of the members were there and the set seemed really rushed. It wasn't completely bad though I'd say, I still enjoyed myself. Just far too many fan-girls for my liking. Now for a few pro's of the concert. Welcome to the Black Parade, Helena and Mama were the best played and the highlights of the gig. Apart from 'Teenagers' but that doesn't count in my opinion as I can't stand that song any more. Too 'poppy', all the twelve year olds and wannabes just like it :P Next was Paramore (London Brixton Academy - 01/02/08). Really enjoyed that, apart from having an asthma/panic attack due to being shoved and my air supply being cut off. How happy does that sound? :P But yeah, it was really good. Enjoyed the whole band's performance - better than I thought they were going to be actually. Crushcrushcrush, Let the Flames Begin, Pressure and Emergency were definitely my highlights of the gig. Can't really think of any bad things to say about the concert actually, which must be a good sign! Saw Bullet For My Valentine about a week later, (London Brixton Academy - 07/02/08) really, really enjoyed them. Had pyrotechnics during Waking The Demon which was very effective, had to be one of my favourite highlights of the gig. That along with the lovely Matt Tuck of course. :P The songs were played really well, set-list was amazing. The whole vibe was just mind-blowing, absolutely loved it. Can't really think of any songs that outshone the others because each one was just as great as the previous song before them. Tears Don't Fall was immense though. So yes, still definitely one of my favourite gigs of the year :D Saw Aiden (London Astoria - 09/04/08). They were amazing here, really good live. Much better then they were at Taste Of Chaos it seems. All I got was how crap they were there but I think they are a great band live. Great set-list as well, played a lot of songs from the Nightmare Anatomy album, so I was happy. Of course I like Conviction, but their older albums are better. Anyway, back to the gig! The Last Sunrise, One Love, Die Romantic and Moment were definitely the songs they played best. Had a great time! Then saw Aiden again the next day (Brighton Concorde 2 - 10/04/08) which I'm so glad I did! (I'll delve into the Mince Pies story later :P) I met the darling Evie there of course! She had WiL's Make-up from the Die Romantic video, so I was just like "hi, love your make-up" :P Anyway, I was sitting on the little window sill area (hence why I love the Concorde 2 so much, just hate the whole being short thing). They were even better here then they were in London. The venue is so much smaller and it was such a great atmosphere. WiL kept interacting with the crowd on such a personal level, was great to see. Lots of smiles and laughs all round. Loved it. Again, one of my favourite gigs of the year. If not, THE favourite. :D Good Charlotte (London Brixton Academy - 12/04/08). Gah horrible weather that day! Was all wet and windy, so queuing was even more long and boring then it usually is :P Gig was nothing special to be honest, they were good, just not impressively good. The River, Keep Your Hands Of My Girl and I just want to live, were the songs they played best and got the best reaction. How predictable - no pun intended :P Anyway, I still had a good time, kinda. At least they didn't completely suck :P Then I saw Youmeatsix (London King's College - 09/07/08) Was a rather good gig I'd say. A little in-experienced though, which is understandable I guess. They are good live though, just not great yet. They have a lot of potential (and time :P) to mature and get better. I did have fun though, even if it was a short gig. I'd definitely see them again in say, a years time. If I Were In Your Shoes and Save It For The Bedroom were definitely the best played but 'The Rumour' was actually my highlight. Got the crowd involved, which is always nice. Elliot Minor (Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms - 17/07/08) Went to this gig with an old friend at the time. Times change. Anyway, had quite a good time actually. Most of the crowd were fairly young. When I saw young I mean under the age of eleven. Which is good because that way, I'm taller than them! :P Nothing worse than the tallest guy possible standing right in bloody front of you! Grr! But yeah, this couple pushed in front of us and actually turned back round to ask if we could see. Which I thought was very nice of them. Elliot Minor were good live too actually. Awesome set-list, and each song was as good as each other. They seemed like they were trying too hard though. Everything was too polished and planned out, which isn't always a good thing. Especially when you're at gigs. It should be random! Elliot Minor (Brighton Concorde 2 - 18/07/08) Again, enjoyed the gig. All of the songs had a good reception and the crowd was a rather great one. Time After Time and Parallel Worlds were the highlights for me I think. Alex and co reacted with the crowd on a more personal level also. Just like Aiden did, must be the smaller venues! :D Anyway, was a really happy atmosphere and I had yet again another good time. Kill Hannah (Brighton Concorde 2 - 30/09/08) Had a great time at the gig too actually. Apart from the snotty woman telling me and a few others to get off the window sill area. I sneaked back on it anyway, in your face! :P Anyway, I had this tall really pissed guy next to me and he was actually really scary! Kept shouting and screaming at me xD But yeah, the set-list was great, although I didn't really listen to their album much before I actually saw them, so forgot some lyrics. Which sucks because I think gigs are so much fun when you know the songs. They didn't disappoint though, they played really well and Mat looked as lovely as always :D Highlights definitely had to be Mat showing off his torso :P Plus my friends Evie, Tommy and Ashley were there, which is nice :P All in all, had a great time and can't wait to see them again in London soon :D Aiden (London Islington Academy 04/10/08) Again, Aiden were brilliant in my eyes. The set-list was better then when I saw them in April though. A lot of songs from the first album so it was rather a very 'heavy' gig rather than all the light ones of the various albums. they did play all the brilliant ones that everyone loves, which is great. Die Romantic and The Last Sunrise are just great live. Also got given a little tag thing to wear round my neck, so I wear that all the time now. Just to show off that I've seen them live :P But yes, the band were just brilliant and were not slowed down by now being a four-peice. Great fucking crowd too! Far too many moshers though! Right there' is that done, 5 more gigs to actually attend yet before the end of the year though :D
Emo Pictures - WitherdRose
WitherdRose
Oct 06 2008, 12:24 PM
^^ ok i am offically jealous of you nd do u need a conert buddie:D
victhevamp
Oct 06 2008, 12:33 PM
wow well done, you wernt kidding when you said you spent ages on this post, so lucky aiden were really good when you saw them all the times as yes at TOC they were crap lol how come you go to see the same bands at different venues? good to see youve enjoyed all your gigs tho :D get any pictures or videos? what are the other gigs youve got lined up?
victhevamp
Oct 06 2008, 12:47 PM
But yeah, the set-list was great, although I didn't really listen to their album much before I actually saw them, so forgot some lyrics. Which sucks because I think gigs are so much fun when you know the songs. sooo agree with that, ive been to some gigs whears i didnt know the supports songs or hadnt listened to the bands much before and its always better if you know the set list well
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Oct 06 2008, 01:26 PM
Well one, I love them too much I think :P But yeah, there doesn't seem to be many different bands playing in London half the time. Just the same old ones... :[ And no, I wasn't kidding :P Oh and got to get onto the Supports yet :D If anyone finds out about any decent bands touring, please tell me :P Anyway, I've got: Tonight Is Goodbye at London Barfly, 28th October. Kill Hannah at London Astoria 2, 29th October. Kill Hannah at Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms, 30th October. Go:Audio at the Brighton Concorde 2, November 22nd. My Passion at the London Barfly, December 7th :D <3 I Am Ghost at Brighton Concorde 2, December 13th I think :P
victhevamp
Oct 06 2008, 02:07 PM
right i'll do mine in sepeate posts as ive got pictures as it will make the pages too long, i have videos from gigs aswell but cba to upload them all to youtube cuz it will take too long lol anyways my first 'rock' gig was The Rasmus at wolvo civic, must of been 2004/2005? when they first got famous prob one of the worst gigs ive been too, the supports (carnt even remember who they were, were crap and the rasmus were really boring live, they just played, no interaction with the crowd or anything and i had a panic attack from being clousterphobic so spent most of the gig sat outside the toilets watching from there, didnt enjoy it much at all, very poor gig and put me off rock gigs for a bit lol rasmus.jpg next gig was Guns n Roses support by Avenged Sevenfold 7 June 2006 at London Apollo Hammersmith didnt enjoy this one either! lol well my bf at the time suprised me a few days before about this gig as paradice city was our song, we went down 2 london for the night and things were already a bit iffy in our relationship and when i got down to london i had another panic attack kinda thing, i think i was home sick and the part of london was really rough and i didnt feel safe at all :S so i spent this whole gig sat down feeling ill, not fun at all, a7x were pretty good but i wernt into them at the time so i didnt really pay attention, i rememeber enjoying them playing "Walk" pantera cover very well tho, GnR were pretty crap, they were an hour late coming on stadge! axel was very arrogent and again just played the songs, my bf at the time loved it but i def didnt and we split up a few weeks after the gig...
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Oct 06 2008, 02:27 PM
Awww poor you Vicki! They sound so rubbish!! *big hugs* :( Hopefully you had a few good ones after that? :D :P
victhevamp
Oct 06 2008, 02:37 PM
after these two crappy gigs i was pretty much put off gigs for a while and had no one really to go to any with, i found out HIM were playing in birmingham at Give it a Name and i was like RIGHT IM DEF GOING LOL i had just got some money from doing a video with uni so i booked tickets for Give it a Name 27 April 2007 Sunday 29 April 2007 at birmingham NIA right this might take a while... friday: didnt see beat union or mewithoutyou, saw MXPX and they were ok but not really my style, theaudition carnt really rememeber that well..., hellogoodbye were fun and entertaining, enjoying hearing here in your arms :) boys like girls were also pretty good, never heard of them before but they played well and i liked them, the receiving end of sirens carnt remember? hit the lights were ok, didnt really know them so didnt pay much attention, i didnt like, we went off when they came on, AFI were AMAZING, def one of my favourite bands there, so so so so so so goooooood, loved every second of it afi.jpg jimmy eat world was pretty chilled and realxing and everyone had fun chilling out listening to them :) saturday: didnt see pink spiders because my mates didnt get there arses out of bed grrr, didnt see lost alone, kill hannah, cry for silence, ignight either, the sleeping were alright didnt really know them either but were ok (notice i wernt really into emo bands at this time, i really only went to give it a name to see HIM lol) fightstar i didnt particulary like but the crowd loved them :S MSI were awsume! i didnt know them but they were crazy on stage, mental was ace :D juliette and the licks pretty much sucks and we went off into other room to eat when they were on, alexisonfire bored me and i spent the whole time sat down talking, the used were ace, loved watching them as one of my fav bands so loved every minute :D usedgian.jpg HIM OMG i nearly fainted when they came on stage lol OMG i was in heavan!!!! ville sucked tho he forgot all his lines and was pissed and drugged up lol bert from the used came on stage to help him out and kissed him to get the crowd going and even tho ville was useless i loved every minute as they were my fav band and didnt care if he screwed up, just hearing his voice made it perfect :) him.jpg Sunday: didnt see kids in glass houses, the zico chain, kevin devine, caught the end of senses fail and missed madina lake which i was zebrahead were fine again not really my style but were entertaining, saosin again carnt rememeber them, cute is what we aim for hmmmm carnt rememeber them either, might of been eating when they were on, motion city soundtrack were fine but not really my style more for my friend he loved them, enter shikari were FUCKING AMAZING! the floor moved when the crowd jumped to dance along with them and it was a bloody big venue!! :D they had lazers, flashing rings and soo energetic, was amazing to watch and glad i saw them, one of my favs to watch, amazing atmosphere when they played sorry your not a winner :D entershikari.jpg new found glory were cool, proper punky style band, were fun and good to chill out, enjoyed it :D all american rejects ugh! bloody horrible they were such a let down and every word out of his mouth was fucking this fucking that, i wernt impressed :/ brand new were good but they played all the depressing songs and kinda depressed everone :/ needed to play their more uplifting songs i think this was def one of my most fav gigs tho, such good value for money and got to see my fav bands and see some new ones which made me check them out later :D
victhevamp
Oct 06 2008, 02:49 PM
Next was Funeral for a Friend supports The receiving end of sirens and Haunts at birmingham carling academy, 24 may 2007 LOVED this gig, didnt even watch the supports but loved watching FFAF, another one of my favs and they were amazing, the atmoshpere was wild and sooo much fun this gig, carnt rememebr the set list but i rememebr hearing my favs and they all sounded ace, was soooo high after this gig :D ffafbrum.jpg Next was FFAF again with supports Furthest drive home and brigade at Barfly in Camden, London 16 August 2007 My first one with Matt :D right well i won tickets for this one ON THE DAY on myspace and i thought they were at birmingham barfly!!! when i found out it was London i thought oh bloddy hell!! phoned 100s of people but no one could make it and thought long and hard wheather or not i could make it as im no where near london, luckly matt rang me back and said he would go (at this time me and matt had only met once properly before so it was a bit crazy) he met me in birmingham and we caught the train down together, i found 20 on the train which paid for the train tickets :D and we managed to find the barfly fine after coming off the train in london and catching the bus there, it was mad, me and matt got on fine and everything just seemed to go perfectly :) we went to the gig, had to put my bag in the cloack room so didnt get to take any picture but doesnt matter as i rememeber this gig fine :) didnt really listen to the supports but FFAF were ACE, they played all their older music from their EPS and it was all heavy songs and such a small venue soooooooooo good :D loved it :D afterwards me and matt had to stop in a youth hostel over night in sepearte rooms with other people in bunk beds, lol was crazy and only cost 18 whears the holiday inn we tried before was about 150!!! (that right matt?) anyways this gig was really special as it was the first proper time i spent with matt and it just went soooo amazinging well and i wont forget it in a hurry :) also FFAF realised an album which was all the songs from that gig so i can remember what they are like live :) (matt still hasnt given me the cd back yet tho :P) but yeh def one of my favs of all time :) xxxxxx
victhevamp
Oct 06 2008, 03:00 PM
Next one was Air Traffic carnt remeber supports, at birmingham irsh centre, 19 September 2007 another one i wont tickets for :D haha won tickets on myspace AGAIN and went with my best mate and was really good, bit different to other bands ive seen but his voice was sooo beautiful and i was nearly brought to tears a couple of times through the gig, such a beautiful gig and nice smallish venue, really chilled gig and i loved listening to "shooting star" such a good band live :) airtraffic.jpg Next was Get Happy Tour at wolvo civic 23 October 2007 this gig was sooooo much fun :D Army Of Freshman were first and were fine, didnt think id like them but a good start band to get the crowd warmed up, Zebrahead were alot better than when i saw them at GIAN, i was into them a bit more and really enjoyed them, they were happy and fun and punky and got the crowd going, good band to see :) Bloodhound Gang were soooo funny and just soo good, they really made the effort! they had a backdrop which was a phone andf they had silly pictures coming up through their songs like fat women eating food, rude images, funny looking llamas, stupid people fighting, etc etc and they would have texts come through which were to do with my area, for example "black country people are slags" "wolvo has the best pies" stuff like that, it really made it entertaining and got the crowd going, they were mental playing their songs, they were sick on stage, the gutiarist pulled the fat guy from bowling from soup on a table across the stage with his emm *cough* certain body part lol they swore they took the piss they spit on the crowd, they were sooo crazy and stupid sooo much fun :D didnt know if Bowling for Soup could top that but they were really good, they played all their popular songs and were all happy and funny and played up the crowd and had a good time, they mooned the crowd and just had a laugh which made this gig just sooo happy and a fun gig to go to :D bfs.jpg bfsbum.jpg
victhevamp
Oct 06 2008, 03:15 PM
Next was Taste of Chaos at birmingham Carling academy 21 November 2007 Another one with matt :D Diving the Line were the first band on, which is a localish band to me and matt who matt really wanted to see who are similar to enter shikari, they were really good but i didnt know their songs but still enjoyed seing them The Blackout were replacing escape the fate which pulled out grrrrr but to be fair im glad they did as didnt know ETF that well then and i loved the blackout, i thought the blackout were ace and loved listening to them :D theblackout.jpg The Gallows were next and i dont like these and didnt enjoy them, the lead singer climbed up the side of the stage to the top part of the venue which was fun to watch but i didnt like them, matt enjoyed them tho Aiden bloody awful!! he just played, they made no effort to interact with the crowd, they said something like "weve been told we are not allowd to crowd surf or have mosh pits so please dont do this" when all the other bands said F*ck it and started mosh pits, wall of deaths and crowd surfs, the crowd booed them when they said that i think lol plus wil stayed at the back of the stage so could hardly see him! aiden.jpg Rise Against were fine, only knew a few of their songs but they played well and got the crowd going, no complients there riseagainst.jpg the used from what i can remeber were ace! they played their songs well and interacted with the crowd, they even got people on the stage to sing and dance with them which is always nice to see, still one of my fav bands :D used.jpg usedfans.jpg Next was Silverstein with supports Blessthefall and The Vincent Black Shadow birmigham carling academy 2, 5 December 2007 loved this gig :) didnt like the vincent black shadow much but watched them fine and Blessthefall were sooooooooooo heavy and prefer listening to them on my laptop than when i saw them :S but Silverstein were sooo good, this one was with matt too and one of his fav bands, this was a smaller room in the academy which was kinda nice as you were closer to the bands and the lead singer even got in the crowd and sang a few songs stood on peoples sholders :D lol silverstein.jpg silversteinrock.jpg right bet matts geting annoyed about me crashing the page with all this text and pictures now lol
victhevamp
Oct 06 2008, 03:24 PM
now onto 2008, not tooo many more i promise... Bullet for My Valentine supports Skindred and Still Remains at wolvo Civic, 1 February 2008 this gig blew my mind! Skindred started and i was like WOW, i only knew one of their songs but omg they were amazing, the lead singer really interacted with the crowd well and i was amazed by how well they were, id def go see these again and again and again and again :D matt wernt too impressed tho skindred.jpg Still Remains were very good too, they played a good mixture of heavy and lighter songs and i enjoyed them, shame theyve split up now :( would of def gone and seen them again, love their songs <3 Bullet for my Valentine omg how good were they :D lol they had fireworks and all sorts like tantra said and i just loved them, loved their songs and watching them play, only bad thing tho they didnt really interact with the crowd much, was wuite a few silences between songs :S apart from that they played very good and were soo good to see, plus tantra paige is better looking than matt :D lol stoped over night with matt for this gig and really loved every part of it :) hearts burst into fire was beautiful to listen to :) bulletguys.jpg bullethorns.jpg bulletpaige.jpg bulletmatt.jpg
victhevamp
Oct 06 2008, 03:36 PM
Every time i die supports blackhole, drop dead gorgeous, scary kids scaring kids wolvo wulfrun hall, 8 April 2008 another one with matt :D carnt remeber blackhole at all, matt can you? :S must of been crap lol this gig was so matt could see drop dead gorgeous and i could see scary kids scaring kids and was mega cheap :D Scary Kids Scaring Kids were really good, i liked them, yet the crowd was full of scene kids stood there not moving, ugh was nasty, i liked the band tho but could of done with knowing a few more of their songs sksk.jpg Drop Dead Gorgeous lol this band made me laugh :D agian the crowd hardly moved but the band were good, i spent the whole time they were on laughing at the camp lead singer, i had never seen what they looked like before so when i saw him and they way he moved on stage it made me laugh, not how i expected them, he was very camp and moved very errr kinda softly and i found it funny lol apart from that they were good and played well ddgsinger.jpg when every time i die came on the crowd completly changed and all of a sudden started moshing and all sorts, youd of thought u were at another gig! we missed half of their set because had to catch the train and neither of us really knew them and they were a bit heavy for me so wernt the best rather strange gig but was cool to see the bands and glad we went Next was another one with matt A day to Remember supports Alesana and the devil wears prada birmingham barfly, 8 june 2008 this was a weird gig, both of us only really went for the supports again, i had an obsession with alesana so was looking forward to this but Alesana were on first and sort of on and off sorta thing, too quick and i can hardly remember it, was weird, they were good from what i can rememebr but would of been much better if they were the headliners! alesana.jpg the devil wears prada were soo heavy and all the songs sounded the same, they were good but got bored of listening to them and a day to rememebr were fine but didnt know them much so was fine to watch but not great if that makes sense overall i think these two gigs would of been better if knew the bands better as was only bothered by the supports, still enjoyed both tho as gigs are always good :D
victhevamp
Oct 06 2008, 03:45 PM
wooo last one, best you all bored of me now :D In Flames supports Gojira and Sonic Syndicate at birmingham carling academy 28 September 2008 this was only the other day and it was sooooo good, got these tickets for matts birthday as in flames one of his fav bands so was more for him than me really even tho i like in flames too Gojira and Sonic Syndicate were both really heavy, we didnt know which one was which tho as neither of us have listened to them much lol matt did you ever figure out which one was on first? in flames were really good tho, they came had wicked lazers throughout it and seemed like wicked people :) they spoke to the crowd alot and played them up which was good :) they played a good mixture of older and newer songs and i knew about half considering i dont know them that well, matt loved it too and was a really good night :) we managed to see it all before going for the train and i duno just was a really ood night and in flames really played well, can tell they have talent :) was only the other day but was one of my fav gigs :) inflamesstart.jpg inflameshair.jpg inflames.jpg inflamesfans.jpg right thats all them for now lol got taste of chaos again coming up soon tho :D
victhevamp
Oct 06 2008, 04:02 PM
ooo tantra post about the supports too then :D any pictures? alot of the bands you are seing/seen are lightish, going to see any heavier bands at all aswell? anyone else going to post about their gigs? :)
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Oct 07 2008, 06:54 AM
Wow amazing posts Vicki and Tantra thanks :D Vic I agree with you on almost everything and you have mentioned me anyway :] Favourites in the last couple of years have to be In Flames and FFAF - Camden. Two very different bands as well! xxxxx
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Oct 07 2008, 01:53 PM
Yeah I know, really want to see some more heavy bands. Least I've got I Am ghost I suppose :P Anyway yes, pictures xD Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Oct 07 2008, 01:57 PM
Photobucket
Oct 09 2008, 02:47 AM
The best gig I went to was Paramore in Brussels. It was simply amazing! Hayley's voice is even better live :D They are such an energetic band, it's awesome :) I'm gonna see fall out boy this weekend at the TMF Awards in Antwerp, and in Lille in France two weeks later, I think those gigs will be amazing as well ^^ I really want to see Bullet for my valentine in november too but sadly I can't :(
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Oct 09 2008, 03:43 PM
I have seen Bullet and they were fairly good, but not amazing.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More