Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

my dreams destroyed my hope is gone no I am, I'm lost inside a sea of burning tears inside, by voicians

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
What is emo truly? Oct 18 2008, 05:40 PM
I know that emo means emotional or something,but what does that pertain to?The way you dress?Or does it matter how you dress?Most people say that it is the way you dress.But I was told that it means that you cut yourself.So does it?Or is it a state of mind? Help me please.I am so confused!

Replies

MiZZCRAZi
Oct 18 2008, 06:45 PM
its not how u dress its how u are inside there are ppl who dress emo but dun cut there self there are ppl dat dress regular,preppy,skater and even girly who do cut them self so how u dress does not mean ur emo
Emo Pictures - WitherdRose
WitherdRose
Oct 19 2008, 07:16 AM
emo i still don't know fully the meaning due to the fact that emo is different to everyone, But realy it means someone who is emotional; when they are sad or upset or angry they let that feeling out with somesort of outlet ( music, cutting ect) there clothes are not always black they wear colour
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Oct 19 2008, 02:59 PM
So much confusion out there. Have you read the "What is Emo" page on soEmo.co.uk?
WitherdRose
Oct 19 2008, 11:17 PM
yeah but i think everyone has a different thought on 'emo'
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Oct 20 2008, 12:52 PM
They do that was just my thoughts mixed with other research. The debate will go on and on more than a lot of other subcultures.
WitherdRose
Oct 20 2008, 11:23 PM
tell me abou tit but i think the longer it goes on the more away people go from the base of emo
Oct 21 2008, 09:33 AM
emo is not more than music i know what i'm talking from when i go through the streets and see them little "emo"kids
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Oct 22 2008, 02:12 PM
Emo was just about the music but it evolved into a whole subculture. Crazy I know..
Emo Pictures - AcousticVaila
AcousticVaila
Nov 21 2008, 10:33 PM
In a nutshell, there's two different types of emo. The emo the public think of (people who cut themselves) And the Emo we think (everyone has a different view, mine's personally being more sensetive to certain things/ emotions, and into emo music. That and an unusual dressing style) I don't think it's 1 opinion, it's really open for debate.
selfhater
Nov 22 2008, 04:53 AM
you can be emo without knowing it too.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More