Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Are you walking on eggshells? Has push come to shove? Are you full of belonging, but not full of love? Pas De Deux, by Dodie Clark

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - eleventynine
eleventynine
when you were young....or younger :P Mar 16 2010, 08:04 AM
just popped into my mind and thought it might be a good topic. when you were young, did you know about emo and other stereotypes? how did you act before you found out? when i say young, i mean YOUNG for me, i remember very clearly when i was in year 1 (so around....6ish years old) i remember asking my mum constantly to grow out my hair and keep saying i want to colour my hair rainbow colours haha i didnt know wut was punk/emo/scene/goth at that age and have never seen any...(cuz theres none in hong kong) i think i acted very similar back then and now xD still me being crazy, always spazztic and doing everything. now that im grown up....abit...i can still see myself as the same younger me haha......*pictures mini Tom with blue hair....* hehe....

Replies

Mar 16 2010, 08:50 AM
way back before, i used to call it 'alternative rock' i don't have any idea on the word emo.. elmo? maybe.. :p
LipsOfDeceit
Mar 16 2010, 10:46 AM
Yeah never really knew the word emo before it came mainstream.. people only started to get sterotyped here in primary 7.. so about 10/11 years old.. before that they would just be "weird people" hah.
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Mar 16 2010, 01:39 PM
nope back then i was clueless about EVERYTHING and i didnt really have a style i hung with everyone and anyone because at that age we didnt have the chavs,nerds,emos,preps,ect we just hung you know
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 16 2010, 03:47 PM
I'd say pretty much the same as LipsOfDeceit.
Emo Pictures - Nick-Aotmzgin
Nick-Aotmzgin
Mar 17 2010, 12:33 AM
no i didnt but i was a really Freaky...just until 2007-2008 i discover'd the emo...cultre.
Emo Pictures - xDeadollx
xDeadollx
Mar 17 2010, 06:41 AM
i didn't know about emo since 3 years ago and loved it since then it's awesome ^.^
Emo Pictures - Thomis
Thomis
Mar 17 2010, 07:52 AM
where i'm from, noone knew emo until simple plan's song perfect was release, then all of a sudden there was this word everybody started using, i was like wtf is emo? everyone thought of it as a bad thing to be. but slowly it got more and more of a following, but still back in that town, there is only a very small comunity of emos, including me, but i left.
LostEmoo
Mar 17 2010, 08:12 AM
Nope, i didn't now the word emo, i thought it was the bird Emu... I only knew about punk and hippies, because there was ppl in my class there followed it... But i didn't rly think about it... Then , about a year ago, i found out there was a thing called emo, and i've bin crazy about emo since! :D
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 17 2010, 06:31 PM
Oh right that's interesting you mentioned a particular song.
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Mar 17 2010, 08:27 PM
i love that song it reminds me of me and my relationship with my parents and how much ive "let them down"
Emo Pictures - Thomis
Thomis
Mar 17 2010, 11:54 PM
i loved it to, till it was labled "emo" and 12 year old thomas was like OH NO! must fit in, i hate that song now... lol i'm glad to change
Emo Pictures - TragicxDesolation
TragicxDesolation
Mar 18 2010, 03:59 PM
Oh wow YOUNG young...? I honestly can't remember. I always wore what my mom bought me and I never really saw any emo/goth/punk people around. When I saw my first emo guy in 8th grade, thats what influenced me to change. ;D
Bones
Mar 22 2010, 09:03 AM
*going red* well i was once like a real bad tom boy. boy clothes tops shorts all the time, it got as bad as having boys boxers on lol not that i wonted a sex chyange or anything i went skate bording with the boy realy i though i was one cuz i realy didnt like the girlz. but when i whet to high school there was 2 or 3 goths so i like became a goth sad days a had a band that said im a goth girl on it the goth left and then i became emo 2 like 2day.i love my life story lol see the goths at college now they like dont have fuck to do wid the emo cruw though omg.
Emo Pictures - DiEiNgInSiDe
DiEiNgInSiDe
Mar 23 2010, 10:47 AM
when i was younger no one in my class new about emo's or any such thing so of course i had no clue wtf a emo was. grade like 6 or 7 i think is when i learned bout emo. late grade 8 is when i satrted dressing the emo fasion cos i thought is was awsome, and then when i really really understood what the word emo ment i found out i've been 'emo' my whole life ever since i were just a wee little thing, lmao.
Emo Pictures - XXsorrowfulsuicideXX
XXsorrowfulsuicideXX
Apr 13 2010, 02:09 PM
well i moved alot when i was younger but i never really fit in till i moved to where i am now and in 6 and part of 7th grade i was a major tomboy still kinda am but its was so bad that i would get into fights with the "big guys" of the school and im like really short and tiny and no one would think it was weird that i was fighting with them. like all my clothes came from the guy section at the store. i would ride 4 wheeler and play in the mud and wrestle and stuff but now i have met my more femine side but i still like 4wheelers and snowmoblies! XmikiiX

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More