Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Sparkling angel I believe You are my savior In my time of need Blinded by faith I couldn't hear All the whispers The warning's so clear I see the angels I'll lead them to your door There is no escape now No mercy no more Angels, by Within Temptation

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXBrokenxxTearsXx
xXBrokenxxTearsXx
Parents... Apr 12 2010, 11:04 AM
Ehmm, I'm still kinda new into the emo culture, and my parents were okay with it, in the beginning, but now they're really bugging me!(Yes, this could just be some normal teenagerprobs), but today my mom said: "oh dear, it's not because, we're trying to annoy you, we just wanna help you to be pretty!" It's really killing me, because I actually love them and everything, but they just won't let me live, like I want to, they kinda wished, I turned out to be more like my bigbrother, who is soo popish, so what am I gonna do? I can't tell them to stay out of my life, because I actually do want them there, but... I'm afraid, that I'll say some really hurtful to them someday, should I talk to them about it? Please help me...

Replies

Emo Pictures - JustMe
JustMe
Apr 12 2010, 02:02 PM
The longer you leave it, the more chance you have of pushing your parents away from you which is the last thing that you want to do. Try sitting them down and talking to them about the way you dress. Tell them this is who you are and what you want to do. Try showing them some music you like, show your mum some hair styles and make-up ideas that are your sort of style and find one you both like. Show them clothes, take them with you to buy some... Just try and get them involved. Try getting some makeup, hair and clothes ideas and messing about with them with your parents. At the end of the day, once they get used to seeing you the way you are and knowing you are happy, they'll be fine with it.
Emo Pictures - Nick-Aotmzgin
Nick-Aotmzgin
Apr 12 2010, 10:13 PM
Hmm Mmk..well , if you are okay with being an emo , and your parents denay this opinion i recommend on trying and explain to your parents what really emo is all about, explain to them how much you like being an emo and how much relate you are to the cultre music fashion and style... and hopefully they will get softly with u..and agree with the most.
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Apr 14 2010, 05:37 AM
I agree with what's been said above. Plus this is a very common situation. I have even felt this way in the past as I am alternative while my brother likes dance music. Variety is the spice of life though as they say and your parents should let you follow this harmless style/scene.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More