Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

When our doubt becomes regret Don't ever forget Central Standard Time, by The Get Up Kids

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

FindingJames
Self Harm Sep 28 2012, 04:21 PM
Well it seems that all the topics on this are really out dated or inactive now. I think this is an important topic to talk about though. So share your story! Do you self harm? Have you quit? Are you trying to quit? Do you have any advice for other people? Today marks 2 years clean from cutting for me! It seems like time has flown right by. It seems like just yesterday that I was struggling with the urges, and now it's been 2 years already. My advice to others is to try to stay positive. If you relapse don't beat yourself up about it because it will only make things harder the next time you try to quit. Anyway, good luck to those who are currently trying to quit.

Replies

nobody_cares
Sep 29 2012, 01:08 AM
Well congratulations! It's really hard to stop cutting. I've tried quitting a few times and relapsed almost every time. This is the longest I've gone without cutting though (7 months) and hopefully it will be the last time I try without relapsing. My advice is to do something you love that will distract you and keep you busy when you get the urge. And as findingjames said, stay positive and don't beat yourself up if you relapse!
Emo Pictures - Everything_is_Red
Everything_is_Red
Nov 23 2014, 02:14 PM
I have self harmed for 5 and a half years to the point where I have had to go to hospital :/ I also have this thing that's hard to spell where you pull out your eyelashes, which I think might count. I have tried to stop on many occasions, and I am not pro-self harm I just found that when I try to stop, it makes it worse because when I relapse there is more to let out which makes it more severe. What I found that worked for me in the past is to set yourself milestones, e.g 'I will not self harm for a week.' If you accomplish this, you get to treat yourself, and the longer you go for, the better the treat. I remember a personal experience when I was 13 years old when I asked my mum if I could get my ears pierced if I went for 3 months without self harming. I managed to achieve this :)
Xx1belle6xX
Nov 26 2014, 07:23 AM
I started self harm when i was in the 7th grade. It took my mom until last year to find out about it and sent me to a mental hospital where i was diagnosed with depression. Well, it obviously didnt help that i've suicidal since the 4th grade. I know what some people think, how can a little girl feel that? But i did, and i am not proud if it, but i am not shameful of it either, like my mom tries to make me. i see it as me being able to hold on for all those years. Well, i recently relapsed back in October after 1 year of being harm-free. I felt pretty bad doing it, but after three cuts i remembered something that my boyfriend said, "The past is the past, so dont worry about it." just as a song from pillar sang "tomorrow, today will be yesterday..." now every time i feel the urge, i just think of that and it helps. Also like others have said, do something to keep yourself busy. To like distract yourself from all the negativity and stay positive.
ShockOfPale
Nov 28 2014, 09:35 AM
I do... I haven't been doing it for very long, though. I only cut when things are rough and there's no way out. But I can't say that I don't think about it all the time, even when I should have no reason. Everyone said it was addictive, but I couldn't believe them until I tried it myself. It's a downward spiral from here.
Emo Pictures - xxxoutcast_lifexx
xxxoutcast_lifexx
Nov 29 2014, 01:17 PM
I do, only when i feel a certain way. My life seems okay when i'm around good people like my family and friends. I'm very greatful for them. If i didn't have friends or a good family i would feel worse. I'm trying not to make it a habbit though because i know it's an addiction that's hard to get out of. I guess it's a pain reliever for moments when i feel stressed, frustrated or angry at myself for being a certain way. I promise myself i will never do it again but i keep remembering what it felt like the first time i did. I guess at this early stage it's easy to catch hold of it especially because i've read so much online about it being addictive. Only when i have my negative moments, then it gets tempting. Otherwise i have no reason to be depressed and i'm trying to look on the bright side and absorb the beauty around me rather then focusing on judgmental people that make me feel bad. It's still constantly on my mind. I never show anyone because i don't like drawing attention to myself but i guess i've heard so much about it i decided to try it as a pain reliever. I'm always thinking about it and trying to determine the reason why i did do it. I guess it's just too many feelings and things happening at the same time. I promised myself i wouldn't do it again because i don't see why. Nobody knows about this so this is the first place i really let it out.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More