Emo Community Scene Emo Guys and Girls

Email:

Password:

Forgot Password?

Emo Lyrics:

Emo lyricsYes, I will lead you, through the smoke and flames, on the frontlines of war. And I will stand my ground until the end, til we conquer them all.Emo song lyrics
(Escape The Fate - This War Is Ours)

[Submit Lyrics]

Alternative clothing from Sohos

Blue Banana

Emo Meet - London UK - August 2011

Forums » Help And Advice [NEW POST]

Put mental health on timetable, schools urged - Jul 05 2013, 11:38 AM

xXeMoRaCeRXx - soEmo.co.uk
xXeMoRaCeRXx

Mental health lessons should be on the timetable in every secondary school in the UK a new charity has urged.

Too many pupils with symptoms of depression or anxiety are let down or ignored, claims charity MindFull.

It has launched a new online counselling service to support and advise 11- to 17-year-olds.

Read more here: www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-23195837 and www.mindfull.org
  Reply | Subscribe to Updates

Total Forum Posts: 6

-FiFi- - soEmo.co.uk
-FiFi-

Jul 05 2013, 12:27 PM

this may help but then i know people do read symptoms of things and then think...hm... i think i have this disorder when they don't (i know i do it a little sometimes) so it may end up with more people ringing up talking about a possibility of a disorder.
However, it would do good to inform people more about disorders and whatnot :)
Kate - soEmo.co.uk
Kate

Jul 05 2013, 01:18 PM

Good idea as it highlights awareness which is a good thing as it always more people access to the help they may need
but on the flip side ..(we had these lessons taught in my school for 1 period per week )

the bullying / teasing for the people who are known to have the 'problems' often gets worse and for people like myself who stood out as idervidals ...
further more it often occurred more frequently behind and out of the schools control and often worse than what it once was before
xXeMoRaCeRXx - soEmo.co.uk
xXeMoRaCeRXx

Jul 05 2013, 02:24 PM

Both good points.

However I still feel it's a positive step rather than just not even approaching the subject.

Also sites like this are a great way to share advice.
DizzyDotRocks - soEmo.co.uk
DizzyDotRocks

Jul 10 2013, 01:01 PM

I think these would be brilliant, and also, imo, it should be made compulsory for schools to offer a counselling service to those who need it. My school did offer a counselling service, but my grades were too high for me to be considered for it, which it bullshit imo.
LipsOfDeceit - soEmo.co.uk
LipsOfDeceit

Jul 14 2013, 04:55 PM

That would have been so helpful when I was in high school. I literally got treated like I was crazy because not even the teachers understood mental health. I think it's the same with a lot of people and it really doesn't help matters. Needless to say I didn't do very well in school and as far as I can tell when people (especially teachers) are not clued up on mental health issues it's going to make some sort of impact on people's education. Proper education on mental health issues would benefit everyone I think. :)
lifetime - soEmo.co.uk
lifetime

Feb 08 2020, 08:42 AM

Essay writer service is quite good under the pay for statistics homework help if you ask me. I have availed their services and they have provided with amazing content for the assigned projects.

Total Forum Posts: 6

Please enter your reply below: