Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

So you can throw me to the wolves Tomorrow I will come back Leader of the whole pack Beat me black and blue Every wound will shape me Every scar will build my throne throne, by Bring Me The Horizon

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

Tomm
How do I scream? Nov 24 2016, 08:54 PM
Hey, Is there anyone who could point me to the right direction or help me out a little? I would really like to learn screaming but I'm not sure where to start, I watched few videos on YouTube but that's about it, i guess it's not easy but i want to try and put the effort into it so yea.. any help appreciated

Replies

Emo Pictures - xDeadintheDirtx
xDeadintheDirtx
Nov 25 2016, 09:28 AM
Well the vocal style I do is pretty much controlled yelling where I basically force out a lot of air like I'm yelling (Think Sempiternal era BMTH or Death Card era Sworn In). But honestly there isn't really a way to teach screaming other than tips and tricks. It's a lot of trial and error in finding out what style and method works for you. Just make sure you remember breath control, tongue placement and mouth formation, drink room temperature water, and know when to stop and build up your stamina for it so you don't throw out your voice. Other than that just try vocal exercises like starting out doing a voice like Marge from The Simpsons and pushing more air out, dog barks, etc etc. Just work at it and find out what harsh vocal style and methods work for you.
Emo Pictures - regulinecolt009
regulinecolt009
Nov 25 2016, 02:42 PM
Drink a cold bottle of water after getting dehydrated, it'll help you scream/growl better.
Emo Pictures - PurpleFire
PurpleFire
Nov 28 2016, 01:36 PM
Don't push yourself. BAD IDEA. And if you are sick, say with a cold or with a healing voice, DO NOT SCREAM WHATSOEVER. And don't fret. Not all screams are like metal screams. Take Lzzy Hale from Halestorm, her screams are more like her screaming and shouting as if she's in the middle of an argument, same case for Taylor Momsen in The Pretty Reckless. There's no definitive 'scream', each one is unique and different. Keep water with you at all times. Figure out how loud you can go and don't overdo yourself. Yes, push yourself, but when it's time to stop, stop.
pyqwxgmvzasgoprwmxbn
Dec 01 2016, 03:33 PM
You seem nice don't scream

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More