Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Girls and boys in the red light district. You can watch her spin 'round a pole just like a beauty queen. Boys and girls in the red light district. Take it to my private room, I'll make you dirty boys blush. Redlight District, by Porcelain and the tramps

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

Emo Pictures - gingerjoo
gingerjoo
Does anyone else feel depressed when it's sunny outside? Mar 16 2018, 03:32 PM
Its been sunny recently but it's making me depressed because such weather just reminds me of what I've done wrong in the past years and how I can't fix anything.

Replies

Emo Pictures - Erebus
Erebus
Mar 16 2018, 06:07 PM
@Mish; I thought Seasonal Affective Disorder is actually the opposite? The less sunlight, the more "Depressed" one gets?
Emo Pictures - xX_so_sad_Xx
xX_so_sad_Xx
Mar 16 2018, 09:57 PM
Usually, but I’ve heard it could go both ways.
WayOfLife
Mar 17 2018, 03:05 AM
Also there are people who aren't use to heat, sun = heat. At least there are also ppl who enjoy it cold.
LittleWitch
Mar 17 2018, 04:32 AM
Do you perhaps enjoy the colder weather rather than hotter seasons? If that’s so then it explains it. But of course, if the sunniness is reminding you of the past years, then maybe you should try to talk to someone about what you are experiencing and your feelings revolving around it?
Emo Pictures - Avalanche
Avalanche
Apr 16 2018, 05:10 AM
In regards to the above statements I would like to point out that Seasonal Effective Disorder is most commonly seen during winter months and is linked to the vitamin D deficiency brought on lack of sunlight, this can become severe as has been seen in Greenland where the suicide rate is extremely high due to lack of mental health care due to low population therefore little treatment for seasonal effective disorder. However in regards to the statement that it can be brought on during warmer months, while it's hard to find a biological cause of it, it may very well be caused from a stir crazy of sorts. I know I personally feel trapped and go into a state of long term panic as going outside with too much heat or sun results in passing out, nausea, and migraines which is more link to how the body registers heat and light. But by what OP described it doesn't seem like SAD, but rather just negative association, possibly even mild to moderate trauma especially if it's a reoccurring sensation where you find dread at specific times in a year due to memories. I recommend speaking to you doctor and they'll give you a general push in the right direction, you may want to ask to be forwarded to a psychiatrist to discuss any damage caused by said memories. I hope this helps!
Emo Pictures - xXwand3r3rXx
xXwand3r3rXx
Apr 17 2018, 11:06 PM
LOL, yes i totally understand. i already hate summer bc of how bored and depressed i get from not doing anything and on top of that its sunny and hot so i cant wear normal clothes and also i burnnnnn. so yeah *-*

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More