Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

You've got my shaking From the way you're talking, My heart in breaking But there's no use crying, What a cyanide surprise You have left for my eyes, If I had common sense I cut myself Or curl up and die Sarcasm, by Get Scared

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXEMO-DRUMMERXx
xXEMO-DRUMMERXx
sleep problems/ nightmares Apr 06 2010, 05:21 AM
okay this might be a wierd thing to ask, but i was wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of recurring nightmares?, and the thing is is that its not really a NIGHTMARE, because anytime that i close my eyes day or night after 30 minutes, my "nightmare" starts up agian. and another reason that its not really a "nightmare", is because its not only in my head, it is a memory, and it just keeps getting worse and worse, each time that i close my eyes, the details of that scary f***ed up memory get more and more defined, and it comes more to life eachtime, and that is really cutting back on my sleep, and half of the time now, i dont want to sleep cause i dont want to have to keep reliving what is in my past. it is the worst memory that i have, and i cant get rid of it, and the wierd thing is, i know that this might sound childish, but sometimes, i sleep in my moms bed, cause my room is either too hot or too cold, and when i sleep in my moms bed, next to her, thats the only time that i dont have nightmares. and the thing is is that i am 15, ill be 16 on may 27 and i cant keep sleeping with my mom forever, and i dont want to talk to a psychiatrist, because they think that i am crazy enough as it is...so if anyone has any advice on nightmares, please tell me

Replies

Emo Pictures - xEvilEmox
xEvilEmox
Apr 06 2010, 05:48 AM
Frankly, I have nightmares problem as well and it's really frustrating me a lot & I can't even remember the last time I had a peaceful night sleep. Most times they're a warning type of dreams; warning me that something bad's gonna happen, but I'm not obsessed in knowing the "Metaphysic matters" like I used to anymore. It is not the first time I have this sort of real warning type of dreams. (yeah I know it seems unbelievable to some of you):P Anyhow, I'm looking for advices & solutions as well.
GiggleCookie
Apr 06 2010, 02:05 PM
I have dreams a lot. Not bad ones all the time, but enough to where I cant sleep right. I never/rearely dream when I sleep and another person is in the room. I found out that if you burn insence while you go to sleep it helps. So thats what I do. Im not sure if it'll work for you or not but its worth a shot :)
Emo Pictures - Nick-Aotmzgin
Nick-Aotmzgin
Apr 07 2010, 12:22 AM
emodrummer i cant sleep and i have nightmares but the only thing i can do about it , is try and do that anyway...trying to sleep to hope for a good dreams and if i cant, i just stay awake or drink a pill or share it with my attached teddybears..i sleep with 3 Teddybears just to keep a good night..
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Apr 07 2010, 04:11 AM
Listen to peaceful music while in your bed with headphones. I have heard that can help, but of course it might not for everyone.
Emo Pictures - Androgynous
Androgynous
Apr 07 2010, 04:42 AM
Well, the interesting thing is, smell is a very powerful sense in that it is one of the biggest memory triggers--yes, I'm going somewhere with this. Sleeping next to your mom means you're very close to her scent and your mom provides a powerful sense of security and safety, which must be why it chases the nightmare away. The presence of a real-life smell with a very strong positivity attached to it overpowers the memory. Normally the first thing I'd advise is talking to someone about it, but since you don't want to tell anyone, if the music doesn't work--good idea, btw--I'd suggest asking your mom if you can borrow one of her shirts, and then sleep with it on your pillow at night so her scent is close to you. That might help once you stop sleeping next to her. Lol if this seems like a random suggestion it's probably because I'm a dog person and dog mentality tends to seep into my reasoning a lot ^^' Lol if that makes any sense... Another less random idea is chamomile tea. For me and my mom at least it makes us very sleepy and helps us relax and get to sleep easier. It's a natural calming agent so that may help and of course it's healthy for you too ^^
Emo Pictures - DiEiNgInSiDe
DiEiNgInSiDe
Apr 08 2010, 04:26 PM
i use to have horrible nightmares, so bad that they still effect me today and i use to always sleep in my parents bed even when they said no. all my nightmares stopped or i only have them once a year after i started thinking of things i'd wish to happen, like meet my fave band and i'd thing of it every night. u could try imaganing something that makes you really really happy before falling to sleep.
Emo Pictures - XXsorrowfulsuicideXX
XXsorrowfulsuicideXX
Apr 13 2010, 01:10 PM
i sometimes have nightmares about a memory that could repeat itself and so when that happens i grab my kitty and sleep with her i find her presence calming i dont think its smell because we didnt have her when the "incident" happened so maybe try sleeping with a animal?
Emo Pictures - EmoWeirdo
EmoWeirdo
May 09 2010, 11:23 AM
I think in the night try to listen to music ... meanwhile u're falling sleep:) that helps alot ..also try to sing along w the song and pretend ur doing something like dancing or singing it && that might help to remove those dreams( hope this helps)

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More