Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Left alone with only reflections of my memory To face the ugly girl That's smothering me. Sorrow, by Flyleaf

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

LipsOfDeceit
Mental ilness May 14 2010, 04:32 PM
Don't know if there is a topic about this but I'm starting one anyway. Just really wanted to start a discussion on the topic of mental ill health as it's something that plays a big part in my life and probably many other people on this site. There is lots of misconceptions about mental health issues feel free to discuss these. Discuss issues you of someone close to you suffer. Does a mental ilness in you or someone close to youeffect your daily life? Maybe this topic can help offer support to each other :)

Replies

Emo Pictures - xXMessedUpXx
xXMessedUpXx
Oct 16 2010, 03:47 PM
Ok..lets see. I've had depression since i was 11, self harmed since 12 and now i'm 24 have a diagnosis of Recurrent Depression and Borderline Personality (though it might be Bipolar but my psych hasn't confirmed it yet). It was bad in my teens and my first suicide attempt was at 16. Somehow i muddled through (though i pretty much stopped eating and lost a lot of weight) until i went to uni. Then i relapsed, badly. I ended up drinking and self harming more. Roll on 3 years and i (by nothing short of a miracle) graduated from uni and got my first full time job. And that sent me over the edge, ended up going off sick, trying (and very nearly succeeding) to kill myself and losing my job, which led to me to my current situation. Mental, on benefits and trying desperately to recover. I'm on meds, well i was until they sent me hyper again and i stopped taking them (DO NOT DO THIS!), i'm now back on the moopd stabiliser but off the AD till they can tell if that was what kicked off my current hypomania I hate the stigma those with mental illnesses endure, just because its not a visible disability doesn't make it any less serious or life any easier. I'd give this all up in a heartbeat if someone told me they could make me feel "normal" again.
someonehelpit
Oct 17 2010, 09:47 AM
i have severe depression and insomnia it sucks and im always worrying and generally reclusive and shy
Emo Pictures - The_Devils_Angel
The_Devils_Angel
Oct 26 2010, 02:57 PM
I think i have S.A.D (Seasonal Affective Disorder) where i need the sunlight to feel happier. I'm always, more often than not, completely smiley on a happy day, but when it gets cold and comes round to winter, i do tend to get upset and depressed a hell of alot more. i know people do get diagnosed with a serious level of it, but i just think mine is mild. People can be given special UV lights for them to sit under for so long a day when it's dark outside, and this makes them feel better.
Emo Pictures - xSUICIDEBLOODx
xSUICIDEBLOODx
Nov 01 2010, 03:13 PM
i have panic anxiety and i am a kinda manodpressive to sometimes... so when i have really big panic attacks i always get depressed too and don't like to be around people and feel worse around being with a lot of people really annoying..and because of that..then i had lost some friends and etc..... and i used to cut myself before too..... it's like a living hell sometimes to live with panic anxiety....
Emo Pictures - xxBlakexxBobcatxx
xxBlakexxBobcatxx
Nov 08 2010, 10:35 AM
I'm bipolar, n' borderline Schizoprenic. It's tough, but it's possible to make it through it. Everyday I hear voices n' have hallucinations. They give me lots of meds that dont' work. I've even had moments where I was going to take the pills to kill myself. But w/ a lil help from music, you can do anything. Even listen to the voices in your head that aren't really supposed to be there XD
Emo Pictures - never_again_
never_again_
Nov 17 2010, 11:32 AM
i have depression... and at night i am really paranoid aand alot of the time think im going to die in the nite :/

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More